What IS your bag, and why did you choose it?

Our Sponsors

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bag is the Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged bag new in 2018 in Sage Camouflage color.  I nearly bought the blue and black like my previous Persimmon bag but I kept coming back to the color selection

I have an older (pre-EXO) Wilson/Staff carry bag that I bought locally for a great price. I got it cheaply because it previously had a course logo on it and it was taken off, leaving some slight tears

I have a Limited Edition Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag in camo that I bought in 2017 from Budget Golf for $49.96.  I bought in mainly because I hated 15-way bags and didn't like carrying my Sun Mountai

Posted Images

That is a sick rig! Thank your for your service I got a Ping Traverse. Like you I push cart all the time. Wanted a cart bag that works well angled. Also was on sale! 95AFE641-FFCF-488D-9561-3032D5177302.jpeg.8aa37e644c9a26ab2a347525c786ad02.jpeg

Edited by Rchang
Add my pic
  • Like 4

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Titleist 818 3 and 4 hybrid 

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

I have a Ping Hoofer stand bag in Navy. It was the lightest bag at the best price - GG offseason clearance. After years with a bright yellow Titleist bag I wanted something more subdued. I always walk, so having light was the most important factor.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

I have an older (pre-EXO) Wilson/Staff carry bag that I bought locally for a great price. I got it cheaply because it previously had a course logo on it and it was taken off, leaving some slight tears on the pocket that are cosmetic only. I love the double straps, it's light, and it was cheap 😄

IMG_5118.jpg.959bb97139dd31c7edcd9c31598fb18b.jpg

• Like 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

42 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I have an older (pre-EXO) Wilson/Staff carry bag that I bought locally for a great price. I got it cheaply because it previously had a course logo on it and it was taken off, leaving some slight tears on the pocket that are cosmetic only. I love the double straps, it's light, and it was cheap 😄

IMG_5118.jpg.959bb97139dd31c7edcd9c31598fb18b.jpg

I have a Limited Edition Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag in camo that I bought in 2017 from Budget Golf for $49.96.  I bought in mainly because I hated 15-way bags and didn't like carrying my Sun Mountain cart bag to the range.  The W/S bag is easy to carry and still looks nice into my 4th year with it.  The EXO skeleton fits very nice on my Sun Mountain cart, which was an added bonus.  It also fits well on our club's Yamaha carts.

IMG_6886.jpeg.6abbb264e8968a3c8a088c6902d2ac93.jpeg

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I have a Limited Edition Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag in camo that I bought in 2017 from Budget Golf for $49.96.  I bought in mainly because I hated 15-way bags and didn't like carrying my Sun Mountain cart bag to the range.  The W/S bag is easy to carry and still looks nice into my 4th year with it.  The EXO skeleton fits very nice on my Sun Mountain cart, which was an added bonus.  It also fits well on our club's Yamaha carts.

IMG_6886.jpeg.6abbb264e8968a3c8a088c6902d2ac93.jpeg

The MGS tag looks really sharp on a very sharp looking bag.  👍

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

Callaway Fairway 14.   Why did I pick this bag?  I like 14 way dividers;  anything less and the clubs seem to get tangled,  Lightweight and has stands to allow me to carry it to the range for practice,  fits well on a push cart, and also fits well on a motorized cart.     Very functional bag for me.    I got it free by cashing in Callaway rewards points so the  price was definitely right.  

DSCN2563.JPG.6f59a404738a85abfe60114b3abff008.JPG

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Vessel 2.0 stand bag with miura logo. Bought it to match my clubs and I got it cheaper thru the club dealer

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I have a Ping Hoofer I was given at an event sponsored by one of the other golf forums.  We had a tour of the Ping factory in Phoenix, a look in the gold putter vault, a visit to the putting lab, some time on their range with a fitter, and finally led into a room with a bunch of personalized golf bags for us.  The bag is great, after 5 years there's no real wear, all the zippers still work, the zipper pulls are intact, its just faded a bit.  High marks to Ping for a quality product!

• Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Vessel 2.0 stand bag with miura logo. Bought it to match my clubs and I got it cheaper thru the club dealer

The best part of this fine group of people, and I do mean MGS Spies, is learning all about things I did not know before.  When I was looking for a new bag  a couple years ago I googled Cart Bag Golf and the usual big names populated the screen.  I may have seen Vessel but I did not recall it, what I just saw by searching Vessel Golf Bag Miura gives a whole new perspective on what is out there, what good looking bags and clubs!

Edited by EasyPutter
  • Like 5

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

I have an Ogio Silencer bag, which grips the clubs from the bottom so they don't bang around, because I'm anal I like to keep my clubs in the best condition possible. I've never seen another Ogio Silencer, and it's no longer made, so obviously I'm in a minority. I also use (every other) iron covers and get ribbed for it (as expected) - though my golf buddies openly admire how nice I keep my clubs 🤔. My irons look FAR better than anyone I play with, but that's all good - they're happy, and so am I.

If I was buying today, I probably get a Ping Pioneer, based on MGS testing.

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

I have 3. C130 is my main bag. Other than the fact it has trouble standing on grass it is the best bag I have ever had. Awesome storage and works great on cart.

Also have 2 hoofers, one from about 2015 and new one from 2020. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I bought a Big Max Aqua cart bag last year. Previously had a Ping Traverse. The Traverse is a great bag, but I wanted something waterproof. After a bit of research, decided on the Big Max. It has filled the bill perfectly. Plenty of storage, waterproof, easy to clean, fits snugly on my pushcart, and looks great. I've been caught in a number of late afternoon showers here in NC, and the Big Max has performed exactly as advertised. 

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G400 10.5*; 3Wood: Cobra F8 15*; Hybrids: Callaway X2Hot 19*, 22*,25*;                                                               Irons: Cobra Black Forged Tec 6i-PW w.Recoil R-Flex Shafts                                                                                                                              Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 48*; Vokey SM6 54*/08* M-Grind; Vokey SM7 58*/10* D-Grind; Putter: Odyssey #7 O-Works 34" Ball: Snell MTB-X; Blue Tees Range Finder; Bushnell NEO-X GPS Watch; Big Max Waterproof Golf Bag; CaddyTek Push Cart

SM H2N0 cart bag. Just put the hoodie on and it's totally waterproof. One thing less to carry during rainy days.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm on my second Sun Mountain 2.5. The previous one was forest green with dual straps; the current one is a single strap model in black with red trim that I picked up at a killer discount at Golf Galaxy. 

I teach classes at the First Tee of Richmond a few days a week, and we frequently take the kids out on the course to play a few holes. My back is basically crabmeat at this point, so I need the lightest bag I can have so I'm not crippled after carrying a few holes. 

I normally walk with a push cart when I play, and the 2.5 wiggled out of place on my Clicgear, but my new Rovic + eWheels locks it in place. It will not stay in place when I ride either. But it is so freaking light that I don't worry about it. 

It only has 4 dividers, but they are full length and do a good job with 14 clubs and a few alignment rods. Fewer dividers actually work better on an 8.5" top. 

If I had a big Super Stroke grip on my putter, I'd probably need a clip to keep it out of the bag. And a mallet head putter gets caught in the top grab handle at times. But did I mention it's light?

It's also very strong. The legs are carbon fiber and the fabric is the stuff they make high performance tents out of. 

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Sun Mountain 2.5+ here.  I bought it because I wanted a stand bag but I also wanted a smaller, lighter bag because I walk most of the time and I only carry a half set, so I don't really need a full-size bag.

• Like 3

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

On 7/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, EasyPutter said:

My bag is the Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged bag new in 2018 in Sage Camouflage color.  I nearly bought the blue and black like my previous Persimmon bag but I kept coming back to the color selection and the camouflage just wouldn't let go.

Camouflage was my thing for 3 decades as the longest and most successful career in my life was the Army National Guard then the Army Reserve from President Reagan to President Obama.  I did not start golfing until my last year which is surprising from the number of colleagues who golfed and how every military installation has a golf course, driving range, chipping and putting greens, and a clubhouse staffed with helpful and encouraging pros.  My quarters in the last 7 years were next to the courses, Fountains Green 3rd fairway at Fort Dix where we collected stray golf balls in the grass to rescue them before the tractor lawn mowers chopped them into certain death, and Trails West was directly between where I lived and worked.  I borrowed clubhouse drivers for the range and I bought my own putter and became master of the putting green and carpets in my quarters, but that was as far as my game went and nobody was taking the bait to get me out on course.

Brian Flax, the PGA Pro at Trails West GC on Fort Leavenworth, Kansas offered a how to golf clinic I attended and from the first class I was hooked.  What sealed the deal was when he gave me straight answers to the question how to golf as inexpensively as possible.  My mother passed on to me her gene to live for the best deal possible on anything and for me that includes all my golf gear and getting to play on course.  The bigger the deal the better the score!  Golf is for me my quiet place, a peaceful escape apart from everything else in life, it is my serenity.  It's also why I am golf obsessed!

These photos were taken 7/22/2020 at a VA Recreational Therapy / PGA HOPE program golf clinic going on every week until the second Wednesday in September. Golf is an answer to more than what to do on the weekend.  PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program for PGA REACH.  It is a free program provided locally by the PGA REACH WNY Foundation to provide Veterans with an opportunity to learn golf in a fun and healthy environment and is open to all military Veterans with emphasis on serving those with physical and emotional disabilities who would benefit most from the initiative.  There are currently over 60 PGA HOPE programs across the United States.

20200722_120418_resized.jpg

20200722_182206_resized.jpg

20200722_120353_resized.jpg

20200722_182143_resized.jpg

Like what I will call the Army bag if you don't mind. Bandolier clips are the best thing invented after duct tape 'wire ties and bungee cords

• Like 2

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

I am a little different from you guys but then again I do things out side the box as SOP. My main bag is an old school Burton non logo mini staff. It is real leather and sans logos which is ok by me. I gave $10 for it at Goodwill. My other main bag is a Jones Original non stand which is tough. I was using an original Ping Hoofer which was another Goodwill find but the cart guys tend to choke the living schmidtt out of it. My walking bag is an old nylon Vagabond which easyputter will like since it is Army OD green another Goodwill find. My vintage bag sometimes is a Mini Staff green and white Macgregor. Lots of times I throw the vintage stuff in the Jones. I will admit I am a bag ho too and if I see one at Goodwill I like I will grab it

• Like 5

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

When I was selected to participate in the CCC2, I selected a peacoat blue cart bag from Cobra. It is now 2 1/2 years later and I am still bagging it. This is a Cobra Ultralight cart bag and it had all the pockets needed to carry gps, rangefinder, sunglasses, balls, tees, wallet, medicine bag, rain suit. Umbrella, ball retriever and 14 clubs.

IMG_0480.JPG

It is. beginning to fade a bit but zippers are all intact.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

On 7/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, EasyPutter said:

My bag is the Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged bag new in 2018 in Sage Camouflage color.  I nearly bought the blue and black like my previous Persimmon bag but I kept coming back to the color selection and the camouflage just wouldn't let go.

Camouflage was my thing for 3 decades as the longest and most successful career in my life was the Army National Guard then the Army Reserve from President Reagan to President Obama.  I did not start golfing until my last year which is surprising from the number of colleagues who golfed and how every military installation has a golf course, driving range, chipping and putting greens, and a clubhouse staffed with helpful and encouraging pros.  My quarters in the last 7 years were next to the courses, Fountains Green 3rd fairway at Fort Dix where we collected stray golf balls in the grass to rescue them before the tractor lawn mowers chopped them into certain death, and Trails West was directly between where I lived and worked.  I borrowed clubhouse drivers for the range and I bought my own putter and became master of the putting green and carpets in my quarters, but that was as far as my game went and nobody was taking the bait to get me out on course.

Brian Flax, the PGA Pro at Trails West GC on Fort Leavenworth, Kansas offered a how to golf clinic I attended and from the first class I was hooked.  What sealed the deal was when he gave me straight answers to the question how to golf as inexpensively as possible.  My mother passed on to me her gene to live for the best deal possible on anything and for me that includes all my golf gear and getting to play on course.  The bigger the deal the better the score!  Golf is for me my quiet place, a peaceful escape apart from everything else in life, it is my serenity.  It's also why I am golf obsessed!

These photos were taken 7/22/2020 at a VA Recreational Therapy / PGA HOPE program golf clinic going on every week until the second Wednesday in September. Golf is an answer to more than what to do on the weekend.  PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program for PGA REACH.  It is a free program provided locally by the PGA REACH WNY Foundation to provide Veterans with an opportunity to learn golf in a fun and healthy environment and is open to all military Veterans with emphasis on serving those with physical and emotional disabilities who would benefit most from the initiative.  There are currently over 60 PGA HOPE programs across the United States.

20200722_120418_resized.jpg

20200722_182206_resized.jpg

20200722_120353_resized.jpg

20200722_182143_resized.jpg

Probabky one is the coolest bags I have seen right here ✊

I am rocking taylormade flextech. Changed this year and dropped down to a 5 way bag and am enjoying it. I went with the blue like green to go with my head covers and wanted to get away from what I usually got and that was black. This pops a little more which is different for me:

CADC4F12-0348-40A5-A1B2-D1AFD9EAA608.jpeg.eadfcf4713b88afee205977612a7599d.jpegC40E0F24-A6F4-49CC-9BB4-EDAE634B16F8.jpeg.317ed7fff9418941e552aaf9841d9a25.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸