What IS your bag, and why did you choose it?

EasyPutter

20 hours ago, John Bachman said:

Nice to see someone else besides me that puts head covers on their irons. 

The irons are black so I figured they would mark more easily, plus I do not like them rattling as I walk the course. This is my old set, I just replaced them with Callaway silver and black ones.

Edited by Firebird
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Nike Air Sport Carry Bag. Nice Nike stand bag that is super light. I do not walk/haven't walked yet but I'm sure if and when I do this thing would have me covered and I would survive. 

Looking to upgrade to a quality Hybrid bag maybe from Nike as well or the Ogio bags look pretty nice. 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Wood: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood

Irons: Nike Vapor Pro 3, Nike VR Pro Cavity 4-PW

Wedges: Nike SV Tour 52, 56, 60

Putter: Nike Ignite 001

• 2 weeks later...

I switched to a Sun Mountain C-130 last year mainly because my putter grip had out grown the putter slot on my old bag.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 9.5*
Mini Driver: :taylormade-small: Oringinal One 13.5*
Fairway: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 4 & 5 Hybrid
Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 6-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter: :ping-small: Heppler Fetch
Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Ping Pioneer in black with my initials and the Ping Man embroidered on the lower pocket. While I was fitting, I switched to all Ping irons, woods, and putter, and although I wanted a "staff" bag, the lighter-pocketful Pioneer was perfect. 

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2021 Ping Fetch Putter

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Mid-Size Grips

On 7/23/2020 at 11:30 PM, EasyPutter said:

My bag is the Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged bag new in 2018 in Sage Camouflage color.  I nearly bought the blue and black like my previous Persimmon bag but I kept coming back to the color selection and the camouflage just wouldn't let go.

Camouflage was my thing for 3 decades as the longest and most successful career in my life was the Army National Guard then the Army Reserve from President Reagan to President Obama.  I did not start golfing until my last year which is surprising from the number of colleagues who golfed and how every military installation has a golf course, driving range, chipping and putting greens, and a clubhouse staffed with helpful and encouraging pros.  My quarters in the last 7 years were next to the courses, Fountains Green 3rd fairway at Fort Dix where we collected stray golf balls in the grass to rescue them before the tractor lawn mowers chopped them into certain death, and Trails West was directly between where I lived and worked.  I borrowed clubhouse drivers for the range and I bought my own putter and became master of the putting green and carpets in my quarters, but that was as far as my game went and nobody was taking the bait to get me out on course.

Brian Flax, the PGA Pro at Trails West GC on Fort Leavenworth, Kansas offered a how to golf clinic I attended and from the first class I was hooked.  What sealed the deal was when he gave me straight answers to the question how to golf as inexpensively as possible.  My mother passed on to me her gene to live for the best deal possible on anything and for me that includes all my golf gear and getting to play on course.  The bigger the deal the better the score!  Golf is for me my quiet place, a peaceful escape apart from everything else in life, it is my serenity.  It's also why I am golf obsessed!

These photos were taken 7/22/2020 at a VA Recreational Therapy / PGA HOPE program golf clinic going on every week until the second Wednesday in September. Golf is an answer to more than what to do on the weekend.  PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is the flagship military program for PGA REACH.  It is a free program provided locally by the PGA REACH WNY Foundation to provide Veterans with an opportunity to learn golf in a fun and healthy environment and is open to all military Veterans with emphasis on serving those with physical and emotional disabilities who would benefit most from the initiative.  There are currently over 60 PGA HOPE programs across the United States.

20200722_120418_resized.jpg

20200722_182206_resized.jpg

20200722_120353_resized.jpg

20200722_182143_resized.jpg

Easy, love the look and thanks for your service👍🏻🏌🏽

• Like 1

My bag is a C130. I walk a lot but when I do I use a clicgear 3.5+ push cart. So, I like a "cart bag".

I have to confess, I was really REALLY disappointed in MGS's cart bag test as they didn't even test the C130. The c130 is the best cart bag on the market. It is the ONLY cart bag anyone should ever buy. Why, do I feel so strongly? Because it has the "Smart Strap" feature. 

If you ever use a bag with the "Smart Strap" feature, you will never want a bag without it. Forget that silly strap on the back of the golf cart that either comes lose or your "buddies" unstrap, because they think they're funny. You don't need it. The "Smart Strap" keeps your bag pointing the right direction. It never falls out. It never gets loose. It doesn't get in the way of any pockets. It doesn't squish anything in your bag. Seriously, if you buy a bag without the "Smart Strap" did you even buy a cart bag? 

Shame on you, MGS, for making a "Most Wanted" cart bag that doesn't have this feature. I read and support what MSG does. But they totally whiffed on this one. Sorry, because of the "smart strap" the C130 is in a class by itself. 

Note: If you are a walker and like to sling your bag on your shoulder, you can ignore my comments. 

Edited by Chester3488
  • Like 1

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

6 hours ago, Chester3488 said:

My bag is a C130. I walk a lot but when I do I use a clicgear 3.5+ push cart. So, I like a "cart bag".

I have to confess, I was really REALLY disappointed in MGS's cart bag test as they didn't even test the C130. The c130 is the best cart bag on the market. It is the ONLY cart bag anyone should ever buy. Why, do I feel so strongly? Because it has the "Smart Strap" feature. 

If you ever use a bag with the "Smart Strap" feature, you will never want a bag without it. Forget that silly strap on the back of the golf cart that either comes lose or your "buddies" unstrap, because they think they're funny. You don't need it. The "Smart Strap" keeps your bag pointing the right direction. It never falls out. It never gets loose. It doesn't get in the way of any pockets. It doesn't squish anything in your bag. Seriously, if you buy a bag without the "Smart Strap" did you even buy a cart bag? 

Shame on you, MGS, for making a "Most Wanted" cart bag that doesn't have this feature. I read and support what MSG does. But they totally whiffed on this one. Sorry, because of the "smart strap" the C130 is in a class by itself. 

Note: If you are a walker and like to sling your bag on your shoulder, you can ignore my comments. 

I'm a big fan of the smart straps as well.  I don't even bother with the cart strap anymore.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme 9.5*
Mini Driver: :taylormade-small: Oringinal One 13.5*
Fairway: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 4 & 5 Hybrid
Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 6-GW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter: :ping-small: Heppler Fetch
Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 3:42 PM, Parshooter36 said:

I'm a big fan of the smart straps as well.  I don't even bother with the cart strap anymore.

IMO - It is just a much better system.

• Like 1

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife surprised me with a Sun Mountain C-130S in black. I was set to get the standard C-130 but wanted the stand leg versatility and stability plus a cooler pocket. Came down to this or the Titleist Hybrid and went with the American made one. 

• Like 1

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 2 weeks later...

Titleist Linksmaster. Not a member at a club currently but repping a random logo. Saw some clubs posting pictures on Instagram, so found one I liked, called their pro shop, and had it shipped. Great weight to walk or ride. A little club tangle, but not as bad as my Ping Hoofer. 

• Like 2

PING G425 LST 9* | VA Composites SLAY 65

PING G425 LST 3W 14.5* | Fujikura Atmos Blue

PING G425 3H 19* | Oban Devotion

PING i500 4-5, PING i59 6-PW | Nippon N.S. Pro 1150GH Tour

PING Glide Forged 50* | Nippon N.S. Pro 1150GH Tour

PING Glide Forged 55*, 60* | Nippon Modus 3 115 Wedge

PING PLD Milled Prime Tyne 4 Putter 35"

Titleist Pro V1x

I use 2 ping bags: hoofer and craz-e lite. Hoofer is solid and reliable. Clubs can tangle a bit when the legs are extended, but this is minor. Craz-e lite is a fantastic carry bag. Ping bags have proven more durable and reliable for me than others I have used. 

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Tripe Diamond 9* w/ Ventus Black 7s
Taylormade Stealth+ 3W w/ RDX Red 75s
PIng G410 3hy
Titleist T200 5-4i w/ Steelfiber i95
Srixon ZX7 A-6i w/ Steelfiber i95
Titleist Vokey SM7 54-10S and 58-08M w/ Steelfiber i110
Cobra Supernova