Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Do People Buy Shafts for sale on Classifieds?

Middler

I did a fitting at Club Champion and the driver shaft I bought is performing worse than the OEM shaft I had, so I’d love to recover some of the cost. I tried to make the fitted shaft work for months, and my dispersion was definitely worse with no distance gained. I shared the details in another thread, and I’ve already been told it was my own fault ⁉️

It’s an Oban Devotion 4 Regular flex with a Callaway adapter and Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grip. Is it worth listing, might fit a slower swing speed Senior?

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

44 minutes ago, Middler said:

I did a fitting at Club Champion and the driver shaft I bought is performing worse than the OEM shaft I had, so I’d love to recover some of the cost. I tried to make the fitted shaft work for months, and my dispersion was definitely worse with no distance gained. I shared the details in another thread, and I’ve already been told it was my own fault ⁉️

It’s an Oban Devotion 4 Regular flex with a Callaway adapter and Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grip. Is it worth listing, might fit a slower swing speed Senior?

I usually end up selling shafts on ebay. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Yes, people buy shafts on classified sections of forums. People also sell them on eBay or trade them in.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Shafts can definitely be sold on classified.  Just do not be to greedy

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Yes, all the time, for probably about 50% new value if a current shaft, a little higher if it's in demand, and much less if it's an older shaft that's not a unicorn

PXG 0811 X/70S Ahina
Cobra F9 Tour/80S Diamana B
Mizuno MP18 FliHi (3) MMC (4-P)/Tensei White X
Maltby M Tour 50&58/KBS 610 125S+
Evnroll ER2.2
Snell MTBX

On 7/24/2020 at 8:19 AM, Middler said:

I just saw this, and it is not your fault... Club Champion can do some shady things with trackman to make things look better... Upcharge shafts should benifit you. They have a 90 day guarantee " Buying clubs from us isn’t just a transaction, it’s the beginning of a lifelong relationship. If your clubs don't deliver the results you saw in the hitting bay, we encourage you to come back within 90 days so we can make it right. Our Perfect Fit Guarantee also includes free loft and lie adjustments and a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects."

So if you have time I would bring it back and try to get something more fit to your game.

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

@middler

Nothing worse than feeling ripped off after a major investment: I was gonna say you have 90

days to return it, but my question is, when did you get fitted? Had you already played that day? Was it early in the season and you hadn’t found your “real” swing yet?

I just got my custom shaft from CC after a 7 week wait, and my 1st round was terrible: I was spraying it just as badly as my old shaft. My buddy pointed out that he noticed my head moving more than usual, and that I probably was over-swinging. I’m the bomber of my golfing buddies and everyone wanted to see me send it: and it was making me take some weird swings. 3 rounds later I’m making my normal swing and the shaft is doing exactly what it did during the fitting: 20 extra yards on my good cut swing, and staying in the fairway with a power fade on a fair-poor swing.

In the future I will only get fit for clubs late in the season: I want all the kinks worked out before I put down hard earned cash. As mentioned in several threads, some people only benefit from outdoor fittings : something about being indoors causes them to make a different swing than the one they bring to the course: not un-similar to the golfer who makes perfect swings at the range/during a lesson, but can’t duplicate on the course...

I hope CC does right by you!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

It’s been more than 90 days, I got fitted right before COVID struck and shut down all the golf courses for a while. I did get to use the new shaft weeks later, and wanted to give it a fair chance, not jump to conclusions. I keep stats regularly so I wanted to play at least 25 rounds for comparison.

I read their guarantee as nothing more than an opportunity to pay even more for a shaft that may/not be any better. I’m sure getting your money back isn’t an option. So it’s good money after bad to me. I’m back to the original OEM shaft and playing better again. CC was a bad $400+ lesson, never again. Fitting can be a great thing for some players, but not value added for everyone - despite what some will say...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I bought a shaft on Ebay recently.  New shaft and the seller had them in several flexes at a much better price than ordering locally.  The biggest drawback is the shipping imo.  In global shipping right now so that may take a while. The global shipping is slow and adds to the costs but does away with dealing with UPS brokerage, which was always a headache when I was in business. My package was in Anaheim Aug 6 and now 8 days later it's in Cincinatti.  Would have been here by now if they had just shipped it straight to Vancouver as I am on the West Coast. Not in a rush so the savings made the wait tolerable. 

Edited by JY56

Worth mentioning that there are better ways to ship than Ebay Global Shipping.  I recently purchased a club From a supplier in the US and shipping had it to me in Canada in 4 or 5 days. Meanwhile, I paid more shipping costs for a bare shaft from Ebay that has already been in transit 16 days and counting.  I think, in the future I will not buy from any seller using the Global shipping as it is fairly costly and pathetically slow.

• 2 weeks later...