I’m truly looking forward to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

7 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

Woke up one day closer to receiving the goods 🙂

I keep checking my email for shipping confirmation!  Its like that old Heinz Ketchup commercial song.  "Anticipation, it's making me wait"  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Looks like my "Anticipation comment paid off"  Now the excitement level is kicking in.

SUB 70 GOLF 

Hi Thomas, you have a package coming tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Thursday, 07/30/2020
Estimated Delivery Time: by 9:00 P.M.I

Looks like mine will be here tomorrow.

Shipping.jpg

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

45 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Well it was Christmas in July today. 🤩  Got home from looking at a college with my daughter and there was a present at my front door!  Great packaging for the clubs, better than anything else I have received from other companies in the past. The box is even first class. The slogan on the box reads "Expectations Redefined". Other than the clubs there were also other surprises in the box as well. A hand written note from Jason at Sub 70, a nice hat, and a sticker for my car.  

Each clubhead was wrapped in plastic and each one had the clubs specks on a label. 

First impressions: I was expecting a slightly smaller club head in length compared to my game improvement Irons. This was not the case. So one of my concerns turned out not to be one 😃. The offset is less which was expected but isn't much of a concern for me. You can see a side by side comparison below. Craftsmanship was perfect. I did not find any flaws throughout the set.  A few swings in the living room and everything felt and looked good.

I am working on a loft comparison chart. Game improvement irons are always strong lofted. So I want to be taking everything into consideration during the testing. 

Everything was starting off on a good note until I unwrapped the last club (Don't worry). Then there was a crack of thunder and then the skies opened up. My planned run over to the driving range came to a halt. At least it gave me time to put this post together.

Testing starts on Sunday. I have a golf tournament tomorrow and I think it best to get more familiarity with the new sticks before I put them in play (But I want to so badly). I'm trying to squash the demon on my shoulder telling me to put them in the bag! 

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Those look spectacular! Sub70 makes nice products and those grips really look good paired with those irons. I love the extras that were packed in there, that hat is sweet! Glad to see you get them, it's just too bad you couldn't get out and hit them, I know it's got to be driving you crazy. 

Mine arrive tomorrow. Had I known they arrived at the local customer center today, I would’ve went to pick them up this afternoon. Nevertheless, I’ll have them in hand tomorrow.

• Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Well it was Christmas in July today. 🤩  Got home from looking at a college with my daughter and there was a present at my front door!  Great packaging for the clubs, better than anything else I have received from other companies in the past. The box is even first class. The slogan on the box reads "Expectations Redefined". Other than the clubs there were also other surprises in the box as well. A hand written note from Jason at Sub 70, a nice hat, and a sticker for my car.  
Each clubhead was wrapped in plastic and each one had the clubs specks on a label. 
First impressions: I was expecting a slightly smaller club head in length compared to my game improvement Irons. This was not the case. So one of my concerns turned out not to be one . The offset is less which was expected but isn't much of a concern for me. You can see a side by side comparison below. Craftsmanship was perfect. I did not find any flaws throughout the set.  A few swings in the living room and everything felt and looked good.
I am working on a loft comparison chart. Game improvement irons are always strong lofted. So I want to be taking everything into consideration during the testing. 
Everything was starting off on a good note until I unwrapped the last club (Don't worry). Then there was a crack of thunder and then the skies opened up. My planned run over to the driving range came to a halt. At least it gave me time to put this post together.
Testing starts on Sunday. I have a golf tournament tomorrow and I think it best to get more familiarity with the new sticks before I put them in play (But I want to so badly). I'm trying to squash the demon on my shoulder telling me to put them in the bag! 
IMG_1016.jpg.81be20c9f1c4e85835abfdcc879d8a58.jpg
IMG_1017.jpg.0b0e175c8894b360d19c75443879c364.jpg
IMG_1022.jpg.4d673acff45ee2313cb54e94f2c415f1.jpg
IMG_1025.jpg.3443bd9465a50333611d33f3d6399ea3.jpg
IMG_1032.jpg.459a5ba8a68dcf6db2db1c168d7561d0.jpg
IMG_1015.jpg.ff392aaedbe11f0f7d29b3bcbb23896b.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg.9d124c87d0f279eb49a175ba16dc0db0.jpg

Man those got here super fast and they look great!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

The rain stopped for about 10 minutes before it got dark. I grabbed the 7 iron and a sleeve of birdie balls. They only fly 40 yards. After I hit, I could have put a golf towel over the three of them. It looks to be a great start.  

Let me kick things off here. First, I'm really excited about this test for reasons over and above the cool feeling of getting new clubs. Jason Hiland, the founder of [mention=76062]GolfSub70[/mention], has been part of my golfing life nearly since I really got sucked into the game 8 or so years ago.
I've always been in the "not rich guy playing a rich guys' sport" end of things, and so I was delighted to find one of Jason's earlier companies, Diamond Tour Golf. They make a variety of clone clubs, and I've built multiple sets from them for a fraction of the cost of the big OEMs. Diamond Tour not only sucked me deeper into playing golf, but into the joys of tinkering and club work. And they still provide what might be the best bargain in junior golf: I basically build Kirke a custom set of their junior clubs each year.
So for me, testing Sub 70 is like coming back to an old friend, even though Sub 70 is a relatively new company. For me, they start with a leg up: I know firsthand that Jason is capable of putting out quality components that don't have the same costs as the big OEMs.
Some about me stuff: I've written a lot of this in other threads here, so I'll keep this short. I'm a perfectly mediocre golfer. Driver swing speed in the mid-to-upper 90s. Handicap (as of this morning) around 11. I make lots of bogeys, a few pars, and that summarizes most of my rounds.
As of now, my short game and putting have continued to get better and better; that is now the strength of my game. The biggest weakness is driving. In between is my approach play. I tend to hit my irons well, but on my home course, that's not enough: the greens are exceedingly tiny, and so increasing my GIRs has been a struggle for me.
Why I'm interested in this test: my PING G700s and I have had a nice run. But a few months ago, I listened to a podcast with one of PING's engineers, and he was talking about the effects of blade length on player consistency. Check out an excerpt from that here:
[/url] Fascinating, no?
Considering that those are my irons he's holding as examples of the biggest irons, I really wanted to see if I might see some improvements in my game going back to a smaller iron.
But...who wants to give up the distance gains of an iron like the G700s? Enter the players-distance category iron! In this category, we have irons like some of the PXG flagships, the PING i500s, and the TaylorMade P790. Generally compact heads, most often hollow and then filled with some substance to make them sound less offensive. These seemed right in the sweet spot of what I would desire most. Except the price: yikes! Not even counting PXG doing PXG things, the price of this kind of manufacturing is almost certainly higher than a standard iron.
So the idea of Sub 70, a company that I already have a soft spot for, putting out an iron in the class of irons that I'm interested in: yep, count me in.
So what do I want to see with this test?
  • How much distance drop-off is there going from an SGI iron like the G700 to the 699 Pro?
  • Is there a compensating increase in control, both laterally and in consistent distance?
  • I'm at the higher end of the recommended handicap for these irons: are they too much for me?
  • And bottom line: are these going to help me with my long-running quest to break into a single-figure handicap?

Looking forward to all of your reviews, good luck guys and have fun

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

4 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

First impressions: I was expecting a slightly smaller club head in length compared to my game improvement Irons. This was not the case. So one of my concerns turned out not to be one 😃. The offset is less which was expected but isn't much of a concern for me. You can see a side by side comparison below. Craftsmanship was perfect. I did not find any flaws throughout the set.  A few swings in the living room and everything felt and looked good.

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

All class from Sub70. Those look super nice! So looking forward to all of your reviews! #SubClub

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

I keep hitting refresh in my email, but no tracking yet. My anticipation continues to build....

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Listening to NPG gave me a curious question for the group....will any of you check the lie and loft once the clubs arrive? 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

13 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Very nice clubs sir, the temptation to play with them straight away must be killing you!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

6 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Listening to NPG gave me a curious question for the group....will any of you check the lie and loft once the clubs arrive? 

I would love to have access to a loft/lie machine, but I don't have one and don't know anyone (or any business) within miles who does. I can't say that I would ever think to check a set right out of the box (I suppose if I owned the machine I might). I'd be inclined to check if the gapping seemed off on the course or on SkyTrak.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Really excited to see what you guys think of these clubs! I've had my eye on them for close to a year now... @Smellis745 looks like my game is most similar to yours, so no pressure but I'm definitely keeping my eye on what you have to say 👀😉

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

10 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I keep hitting refresh in my email, but no tracking yet. My anticipation continues to build....

Maybe if you didn't live in some remote location that still uses pony express, you'd have them by now?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I would love to have access to a loft/lie machine, but I don't have one and don't know anyone (or any business) within miles who does. I can't say that I would ever think to check a set right out of the box (I suppose if I owned the machine I might). I'd be inclined to check if the gapping seemed off on the course or on SkyTrak.

My guess is that the lies and lofts will be spot on, Jason would have made sure of that.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

9 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I will check mine next chance I get.  I plan to do a TM comparison between my current gamers and these, as well as checking the dynamic lie angle and adjusting if necessary.  When I do, I'll have the loft and lie checked.  I asked for mine to be bent 1.5* upright based on their standard angle and what my specs typically call for, so it'll be interesting to see.  I anticipate they'll be spot on.

• Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

Those look so good! Get those babies in the ground and let us know your first impressions.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I just got home from my golf tournament. Pulled out the Flight scope MEVO got the hitting mat and net out for some quick reference data. Recorded the lofts from my old set compared to the 699 Pro's in an excel sheet. Set up columns for launch angle, spin, ball speed, average distance.  GUESS what? Another downpour  is coming through. Hopefully tomorrow I will see some range time. At this rate, although I was the first one to get their clubs I'll be the last one to hit them. Man this is killing me. 

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I just got home from my golf tournament. Pulled out the Flight scope MEVO got the hitting mat and net out for some quick reference data. Recorded the lofts from my old set compared to the 699 Pro's in an excel sheet. Set up columns for launch angle, spin, ball speed, average distance.  GUESS what? Another downpour  is coming through. Hopefully tomorrow I will see some range time. At this rate, although I was the first one to get their clubs I'll be the last one to hit them. Man this is killing me. 

This Tennessee weather is crazy! Hopefully you'll get a break in it tomorrow and will be able to get out and hit them. 

3 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Another downpour  is coming through.

Tom - We left Asheville this morning, and it looks like we brought the rain back to Central VA with us.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 7/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sluggo42 said:

does it have a narrowed number (the number that a normal solid shot goes) somewhere in the mix?

It does.  Arccos calls it Smart Distance.  I don't have the formula on hand, but I've found it to be a pretty good approximation of my "count on" yardage.  It does a pretty good job of filtering out outliers.  Once you get enough data into the system, it's pretty accurate.  Law of large numbers.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Man you just can’t buy a break Tom!!!

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

11 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

Well, well, well...look what finally arrived.

packagedoor.jpg.5c1b1a5dab1fd51e33c748f463eb4e4c.jpg

Christmas in July barely happened for me, but it did!  Just like Tom's experience, the irons arrived safe and sound, packaged very neatly and secure.  

contents.jpg.a81c65ec1cb8f6b20de4c091ddc124a8.jpg

I immediately unboxed it all and found the hat, sticker, and personalized letter from Jason.  As a folically challenged dude with a big noggin, I appreciate a good hat and this is a quality hat! 

opened.jpg.ea831c772a303a412da81e957dfebe6f.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS!!!!  Upon removing the irons from the grid, I was amazed at their beauty.  The lines on these irons are perfect.  They were a touch bigger than I expected, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  The squared toe, which I absolutely love by the way, helps with the appearance of the overall heel to toe length.  I chose to go with because my hope was that it would reduce the appearance of the top line.  As you can see in the pics, it's not noticeably thicker than the top line of a Srixon Z745.  The sole is a touch wider, but only towards the toe.  The heel side is actually a touch narrower.  Offset to the naked eye is negligible compared to the Z745 as well.  It's there, but I can live with it.

699address.jpg.29b0d1e7a399d3b5e3f9fdf7612a9b57.jpg745address.jpg.9b199ebbd7e0d21bd662c07fb4865643.jpg

solecomparison.jpg.e164ad6cb6188d5ba9d1506435285aa6.jpg

7i-specs.jpg.db60e332dcad91b9bda998ae39fc41a3.jpg

back.jpg.c1079657286e672170b18cdb23588cad.jpg

Alright, enough of that, the pics can speak for themselves.  What's an excited overgrown kid supposed to do when he get's a brand new set of toys?  Go play of course, and that's what I did.  I'll apologize in advance, but the battery on my phone died while driving to the course.  I didn't realize it was nearly dead before leaving and I didn't get any pictures of these beasts in their natural habitat.  Anyhow, that's out of the way.  I arrived at the course and went through my normal stretching routine and warm-up.  After warming up with some partial wedge shots, I took the PW out.  First strike, OK, that sounds and feels different.  These irons, throughout the set, have more audible noise than what I've been accustomed to with the Srixons.  A well struck shot out of the middle on the 745s is a dull thud.  Miss the center though and you get a nice crack.  With these 699 Pros, there's definitely a more audible sound at contact.  It's not bad by any means, but it's there.  I can feel the contact a little more with these compared to shots off the middle of the 745s, but it's negligible.  The biggest difference is the feel is still there with the 699 Pros.  I could still easily tell when I hit it out of the middle or had the toe side miss that I typically see.  Speaking of, that shot is not near as punishing as it is with my Srixon's, either the 745s or 965s.  Anyhow, sound and feel aside, it didn't bother me in the least as the balls were just flying high and straight.  I hit about 10 shots with the PW, 7i, and 5i, then said it's time to hit the course.  

I'll post the round below, but I'll tell you about the memorable shots with the new sticks.  Hole 1...I opened with a snap hook drive that left me behind a pine tree with no way to get to the green in two.  I took the 4 iron and hit a low punch that ran up to about 40 yards short, color me impressed.  Hole 4 was where I noticed really started to notice some magic with these.  It's a dog leg left hole that only requires a layup off the tee.  I was left with 179 yards so I pulled the 7i out.  Perfect strike, high draw, ball carried right on the number and released maybe 5'.  Hole 9 is a dog-leg right par 5 that plays longer than it reads on the tee sheet.  I smoked a cut drive down the right side and was left with 210 to center.  I pulled the 5i again and what happened next was just amazing.  Another perfect strike, high fade, flew slightly longer than center, but landed and only rolled out 6-7'!!!!!  What, how does that happen?!?!  Needless to say, I missed my eagle putt, but closed the 9 with a stress free birdie for an even 36.  

first9.jpg.4130255a064ff77aa12f183d965ed3ba.jpg

I have a parent/child tournament with my daughter tomorrow morning, and these will be in the bag.  I'll try to snap some outdoor pics tomorrow, but from my limited time with the Sub 70 699 Pros today, I'm very impressed.

Gotta love the maiden voyage with some new sticks!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Wow! The clubs look great guys!

Custom boxes, hats, swag, and pretty much endless options when it comes to shaft choices. All from a company just a couple of years old. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Finally a sunny day. 

Started out with the numbers. The 5 through 9 iron lofts are identical from my game improvment irons to the 699's so I expected the data to be similar. Set up the net, Flight Scope Mevo, and a hitting mat.  Used 6 new premium balls, new glove and went to work. Took a dozen swings with each club from both sets for comparison.

First impressions. The club felt lighter but well balanced. I'm used to the chunkier head weight of the game improvment clubs. A center strike felt real solid. Slight toe hits you can feel and hear the difference.

Club mph, no difference between sets

Ball mph, no difference between sets

Smash factor, very very slight gain in favor of the 699 pro's  (1.35 to 1.4 on 7 iron as an example)

Spin ,  very slight gain across the board. ( 5398 versus 5419 on 7 iron)

Launch angle, no real difference until you get into the longer irons. 7 through 5 showed an increase of a few degrees. I though I would see more deviation here. But the height in yards did show the increase which is what I was looking for.

So enough with the Mevo and net I'm going to go over to the golf course, hit the range for a small bucket then play some golf. I'll fill you in later.