TESTERS WANTED! ×

Low Balance Point Iron Shaft

I am seeing if anyone knows where I can find out information on iron shaft balance points. The reason I am interested in the balance point is the feel of the swing with all other variables similar, I like the lower balance point (better shots and more in control).

Ex. x100, 35in, D5, vs KBS tour x, 35in, D5 (Same head and grip). The KBS Tour x feels much lighter on half swing shots.

Any help is appreciated

9 hours ago, GolfGuru123 said:

I am seeing if anyone knows where I can find out information on iron shaft balance points. The reason I am interested in the balance point is the feel of the swing with all other variables similar, I like the lower balance point (better shots and more in control).

Ex. x100, 35in, D5, vs KBS tour x, 35in, D5 (Same head and grip). The KBS Tour x feels much lighter on half swing shots.

Any help is appreciated

The $-Taper HT  is one I am about to test. The HT does not mean high trajectory, rather "heavy tip". Supposedly this shaft is similar to KBS Tour original.  Sure others will chime in with good options. KBS link below. 

https://kbsgolfshafts.com/shop/taper-ht/

Not many shafts are balanced towards the tip due to physics - they're thick at the butt and thin at the tip using a uniform material. 

If you're intent on finding some sort of feel based weighting, then you're probably better off looking at swing weighting options which are a lot easier to engineer into club building - good old-fashioned lead tape being the easiest option to experiment with.