:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

16 hours ago, yungkory said:

Yeah, I'm gonna need those ASAP

I'm anxious to follow today's IG content, to see if there is a sneak preview on the Hot Metals or Hot Metal pros.  Originally I had thought of going with the Forged, but maybe a

4-5 Hot Metal, 6-8 Forged and 9-G Tour combo sounds pretty tasty!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

Let the ho'ing begin!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Is these a hollow body/forged face design?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm curious as to the differences between these and the 919s...it looks like they might've moved some mass from the high toe and rearranged the badges. Other than that, they look very similar. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Is these a hollow body/forged face design?

If sticking close to the previous JPX iterations, none of these are hollow body.  That the MP HMB line. 

39 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Other than that, they look very similar. 

I agree, which in my mind is a good thing. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

23 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Sorry I don’t know how to upload tweets, but it was from Mizuno USA for those that do.

High density (one piece?) forged chromoly seems to be the hosel stamping.

Beautiful looking iron, video has smoke coming off the club, signifying hot....

Dont ya hate it when somebody tells you its old news?  ,....😆

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

As a JPX900 Forged devotee, I was relieved to see the pics. Looks like nothing but a cosmetic refresh, in which case I'll just stay with my JPX900F's for another cycle. More money to blow on other golf stuff.

But for anyone buying new irons, I'd only suggest you include Mizuno irons among your other candidates - I've never been happier with previous brands as much as my Mizuno's!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

3 hours ago, Middler said:

As a JPX900 Forged devotee, I was relieved to see the pics. Looks like nothing but a cosmetic refresh, in which case I'll just stay with my JPX900F's for another cycle. More money to blow on other golf stuff.

But for anyone buying new irons, I'd only suggest you include Mizuno irons among your other candidates - I've never been happier with previous brands as much as my Mizuno's!

Not going to disagree that there is probably no need to upgrade from JPX 900, but I think it is definitely more than just a cosmetic refresh.  The biggest item is the new clubs are made from Forged Chromoly now instead of 1025 with Boron. Also, from the available photo they changed the cavity quite a bit as there appears to be a lot less meat out on the toe both high and low and the cavity extends almost into the hosel. 

screenshot-20200728-142520-instagram.jpg

Edited by ChitownM2

I think chromoly is only new to the forged model, it was in the Hot Metal and HMP I believe? I've never hit any of the chromoly versions, only the 900 Tours which were mega soft mizuno butter, and the 919 forged with boron which on center strikes, don't feel any different to me. It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers folks get going from 919F to 921F, I'm not really chasing distance except for the top end. I'm happy with how far my P-7i travel, but I could see the 921 forged fitting nicely at 5-6i for me if they're going to have more ballspeed due to chromoly.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I think chromoly is only new to the forged model, it was in the Hot Metal and HMP I believe? I've never hit any of the chromoly versions, only the 900 Tours which were mega soft mizuno butter, and the 919 forged with boron which on center strikes, don't feel any different to me. It'll be interesting to see what kind of numbers folks get going from 919F to 921F, I'm not really chasing distance except for the top end. I'm happy with how far my P-7i travel, but I could see the 921 forged fitting nicely at 5-6i for me if they're going to have more ballspeed due to chromoly.

This is the first time they are using Chromoly in a forged club. I think it was a different blend of Chromoly steel that was used in the cast design of HM & HMP. 

Chromoly is stronger than the 1025 so it's possible they have thinned out the face and maybe some other areas where they don't need the mass anymore. Someone on another forum who hit them yesterday said they get more ball speed and softer feel compared to 919F. 

3 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

This is the first time they are using Chromoly in a forged club. I think it was a different blend of Chromoly steel that was used in the cast design of HM & HMP. 

Chromoly is stronger than the 1025 so it's possible they have thinned out the face and maybe some other areas where they don't need the mass anymore. Someone on another forum who hit them yesterday said they get more ball speed and softer feel compared to 919F. 

Very interesting! Wonder if it's a cast body and forged face, or an actual mizuno forged iron through and through? Thanks for sharing! Anything Mizuno irons gets the blood flowing to the southerly regions if you know what I mean 😏

4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Very interesting! Wonder if it's a cast body and forged face, or an actual mizuno forged iron through and through? Thanks for sharing! Anything Mizuno irons gets the blood flowing to the southerly regions if you know what I mean 😏

Again, info from a user on another site, but they are a 1 piece iron so they should be a fully forged club not just a forged face welded onto a cast body. The previous iterations were all fully forged so I would count this as pretty reliable information....

Edited by ChitownM2

IMG_1334.PNG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I want these.  I hope to get fitted for some in the spring.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

On 7/29/2020 at 4:00 PM, Joker said:

514d279f-cb21-4d5d-890b-1995746d7306.jpe

Really hope that blue paint fill is custom

The blue paint fill is definitely Bo's doing. These will look as sharp as we're accustomed to seeing from Mizuno.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

On 7/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, ChitownM2 said:

Not going to disagree that there is probably no need to upgrade from JPX 900, but I think it is definitely more than just a cosmetic refresh.  The biggest item is the new clubs are made from Forged Chromoly now instead of 1025 with Boron. Also, from the available photo they changed the cavity quite a bit as there appears to be a lot less meat out on the toe both high and low and the cavity extends almost into the hosel. 

Fair enough, I overlooked the alloy change. I assumed you couldn’t cast or forge the exact same metal, shows how little I know. I do know the properties of forged are significantly different than cast all else equal. I guess I’ll wait and see the early reviews but I’m only interested in improved feel (soft) or forgiveness, I couldn’t care less about more distance. YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 7/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

If sticking close to the previous JPX iterations, none of these are hollow body.  That the MP HMB line. 

At about 3:15 is why I'm asking. Sounds like it is a forged solid billet, but he wasn't saying it with 100% confidence. I don't know the construction history/model series of Mizuno very well...why I'm asking.

I think I've got one good iron fitting left before Father Time removes any chance of me gaming a players category iron.  The Mizuno JPX900HM were producing nearly identical numbers as the G410's...almost went with those. I've since hits the 410's against the i500's and i210's at a PING Demo and the i500's are yielding better distance and same dispersion. We have so many Mizuno fans on the forum that I keep being lured that direction. I'm hoping there will be some Mizuno Demos in AZ this winter. 

Love the smoke coming off the iron head... smart advertising move right there! 👏

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

46 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

At about 3:15 is why I'm asking. Sounds like it is a forged solid billet, but he wasn't saying it with 100% confidence. I don't know the construction history/model series of Mizuno very well...why I'm asking.

I think I've got one good iron fitting left before Father Time removes any chance of me gaming a players category iron.  The Mizuno JPX900HM were producing nearly identical numbers as the G410's...almost went with those. I've since hits the 410's against the i500's and i210's at a PING Demo and the i500's are yielding better distance and same dispersion. We have so many Mizuno fans on the forum that I keep being lured that direction. I'm hoping there will be some Mizuno Demos in AZ this winter. 

Love the smoke coming off the iron head... smart advertising move right there! 👏

I haven't watched the video yet but I will.  I'll be curious as to what info he has.  Mizuno has been pretty tight lipped on their so far. 

Andrew usually knows what he's talking about. I enjoy his stuff. 

Interesting the comments about the use of chromoly, almost like its an unknown, as it’s been being used in bikes since the 90s. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 8/1/2020 at 7:51 AM, Middler said:

Fair enough, I overlooked the alloy change. I assumed you couldn’t cast or forge the exact same metal, shows how little I know. I do know the properties of forged are significantly different than cast all else equal. I guess I’ll wait and see the early reviews but I’m only interested in improved feel (soft) or forgiveness, I couldn’t care less about more distance. YMMV

People who have hit it commented that it feels softer and the new clubs are supposed to be more forgiving so might be worth trying. My guess is that the change will be subtle and probably not enough of a change in either to really be noticeable, but if you are looking to get new irons to get new irons then they are probably moving in the right direction.

Edited by ChitownM2

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I haven't watched the video yet but I will.  I'll be curious as to what info he has.  Mizuno has been pretty tight lipped on their so far. 

Andrew usually knows what he's talking about. I enjoy his stuff. 

I fast forwarded through the video because there's gotta be a media embargo, and if anyone is getting first cracks at a media release, I'm putting my money on TxG getting it. Not surprised I didn't see an actual 921 haha

On 7/31/2020 at 9:25 AM, Josh Ross said:

The blue paint fill is definitely Bo's doing. These will look as sharp as we're accustomed to seeing from Mizuno.

They look like the 900s

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

Diablo 5 Wood Nuetral Stock shaft

:taylormade-small: M3 3 Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Weight set to fade

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-GW KBS C Taper Stiff 1/2 inch longer 

:callaway-small: Mac Daddy 4 54, 58

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

:srixon-small: Z-Star

I have JPX-850 Forged and love them.  I’ve had them for 5 years considering a new set. But these look too similar to the 919 Forged. IMO Same toe mass Look, same stability frame with badge going into hosel, even the badge is not that different so the only major difference is the forged Chromoly. Yes chromoly is stronger than 1025 steel but so was the boron infused steel.  Some grumblings that the boron made the steel too stiff and not as buttery as people expect mizunos to be.   Unless the forged chromoly has a softer feel than the boron infused with the same distances don’t see why I should pay full price when I can now get a set of 919 forged sub $1000

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero 9degree. Hosel set to -1degree/Nuetral. Aftermarket 10gram front weight and 6.5 gram sliding weight set to fade. Mitsubishi  Tensei AV Blue Stiff 67 “Tipped” half inch

:odyssey-small: Works Tank Cruiser 7              40 Grams in head and counterbalanced 30 grams inside Super Stroke Fatso Grip

Perhaps there is a little less mass on the toe of the 921. But looks incredibly similar to me. So I’m just curious if there is enough of a positive change to warrant the new retail price.  Sort of like with the Taylormade P790. Seemingly the new iteration of it was strictly cosmetic yet they raised prices. 

A53D8E78-526A-4E6F-BCB9-99E1C9D22D76.jpeg

A couple thoughts on the comments that some don’t see enough of a change in the 921 vs 921. 

1) Have you actually held the 921 in hand to actually see the comparisons?  We all know history’s has taught us Pre Release photos often don’t do the iron justice. 

2) Not worth the upgrade from 919.  Mizuno isn’t targeting those who just bought 919 upon its release.  More like those who in the market, that haven’t bought irons in several years. 

its funny how so many people think to automatically say its not worth changing from last years model.  

Afterall not everyone is me 🤪

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

A couple thoughts on the comments that some don’t see enough of a change in the 921 vs 921. 

1) Have you actually held the 921 in hand to actually see the comparisons?  We all know history’s has taught us Pre Release photos often don’t do the iron justice. 

2) Not worth the upgrade from 919.  Mizuno isn’t targeting those who just bought 919 upon its release.  More like those who in the market, that haven’t bought irons in several years. 

its funny how so many people think to automatically say its not worth changing from last years model.  

It’s merely speculation for the sake of speculation and community Banter. Is it not?

I think that’s an “us” and can add a few more from this Site

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's true for anything in the world of forums. People on shoe forums do the same thing "ew I hate it look how high the tongue is" was constantly parrot-ed in a Nike thread on another forum. Flash forward to actual release and the same guys can't buy enough pairs in every color ever. That's why I try not to talk in absolutes on forums. Test for myself then make a personal opinion on something.

In regards to these particular irons, I'm interested. Haven't had a fitting in almost 4 years and was supposed to go to Truespec in October but that's been canned. Ordered my 919s based on my 900 fitting and ordered them purely chasing more forgiveness. I think the strong lofts are working against me, but the longer blade length is appreciated. A split set with tours in 7/8-P probably would've been a better idea