TESTERS WANTED! ×

JPX 921's

Tsecor

Hey! A little less talk and a lot more action in here please 😂

I'm just glad to read people are still working, whether from home or not. My significant other was not so fortunate through this 😩

Ok, so who has 921's en-route....

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

10 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

As long as you do the basic routine maintenance for Camry/Corollas and most other naturally aspirated Toyotas, 140k is just getting warmed up.

So true i had 190,000 on my 2006 Highlander when it was totaled in an accident 3 years ago, snd was still running strong.  But than tires i never spent a penny that wasn’t scheduled maintenance for it. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

Hey! A little less talk and a lot more action in here please 😂

I'm just glad to read people are still working, whether from home or not. My significant other was not so fortunate through this 😩

Ok, so who has 921's en-route....

Sorry to hear about your SO.  I do feel fortunate to be working.  It came with a 20% pay reduction, but i know there are many much worse off. 

As for the 921 i think today was PAR, so we should start seeing them.  Mine are still on order and probably 2-3 weeks away.  

23 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sorry to hear about your SO.  I do feel fortunate to be working.  It came with a 20% pay reduction, but i know there are many much worse off. 

As for the 921 i think today was PAR, so we should start seeing them.  Mine are still on order and probably 2-3 weeks away.  

Ugh, I hate hearing 2-3 weeks away. Mine are on order as well. I thought I would get lucky and have 1 week (2 latest) after release 

11 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

As long as you do the basic routine maintenance for Camry/Corollas and most other naturally aspirated Toyotas, 140k is just getting warmed up.

My first car was a Toyota Avalon with 270,000 mile and the only thing going was the electronics.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Just finished my first round with the JPX 921 HMP. Enjoyed getting some distance back, and was able to get a feel for the ball flight on a course. I picked them up last Friday and hit 25 balls at the range. However, I was hitting off mats into a 15 mph headwind, so not much to consider other than feel (with range balls). 

Today, they felt solid. They flew really straight. Really straight. I picked up a lot of the distance I've lost this year. I was able to hit the ball, for the most part, where I wanted. I typically play 2 deg flat on Mizs, so a pulls were attributed to "toe up" strikes. Oh yeah, before I forget, they fly really straight! Definitely a different tool if you want to bend it both ways. I was expecting high launchers, but that wasn't my experience. I typically play a lower ball, and was able to keep the ball flighted just how I wanted. 

As for feel, I really liked them. I wasn't expecting super harsh, such as an old set of cast irons, or the buttery MP feel, but I was happy with the feedback to my hands. I can confidently state they felt better than i210s or i500s, which I was considering. 

My favorite shot was on a par 3. 202 to a back pin, and wanted to play about 196. I grabbed the 4 iron, slightly flighted the ball and hit it exactly where I wanted. I was left about a 20 foot putt, what was more than can be expected on that particular hole. 

Some background: I turned 52 this summer, I have an artificial disc in my S1-L5, and my left knee has needed knee replacement for several years, but I've been just gutting it out and putting off the inevitable. Well this year was great, as far as the amount of time I was able to play (thanks COVID), but was absolutely the most drastic, and difficult period asy far as physical limitations go. I was comfortably playing specific distances, and throughout the Spring to Summer, lost about 15-20 yards per club. My knees were a wreck and really took a toll on my swing. 

I've played forged irons for a long time: MP 14s  (10 years)  then MP 32s (12 years), then Wilson FG V6/C300 forged set two years ago. This year has been rough on my distance (loss), so picking up a lot of lost yardage that was lost was fantastic. I get there's a trade off, feel vs distance etc. I don't need the left/right correction aspect of the HMP, but need the distance. As I'm only getting older (yes, it really does suck!), I find this new type of club (distance with smaller profile) is perfect for what I need. 

One round in the bag - super happy. 

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX-5 MK2 LS. Riptide LX, TX

3-Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth (15*), Riptide X-Stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G400 2H 17 Deg,  Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ, X-stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 HMP 4-iron, Proj X Lz

:mizuno-small: Pro 225, 5-GW, Nippon Modus 115

Wedge: :titelist-small: SM8 54 deg, 10 bounce, & SM7 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG X100

Wedge: :wilson-small: FG PMP 62 deg, 07 bounce, KBS X-Stiff, 

Flat Stick:  :ping-small: G2 Answer

20 hours ago, tribota said:

Just finished my first round with the JPX 921 HMP. Enjoyed getting some distance back, and was able to get a feel for the ball flight on a course. I picked them up last Friday and hit 25 balls at the range. However, I was hitting off mats into a 15 mph headwind, so not much to consider other than feel (with range balls). 

Today, they felt solid. They flew really straight. Really straight. I picked up a lot of the distance I've lost this year. I was able to hit the ball, for the most part, where I wanted. I typically play 2 deg flat on Mizs, so a pulls were attributed to "toe up" strikes. Oh yeah, before I forget, they fly really straight! Definitely a different tool if you want to bend it both ways. I was expecting high launchers, but that wasn't my experience. I typically play a lower ball, and was able to keep the ball flighted just how I wanted. 

As for feel, I really liked them. I wasn't expecting super harsh, such as an old set of cast irons, or the buttery MP feel, but I was happy with the feedback to my hands. I can confidently state they felt better than i210s or i500s, which I was considering. 

My favorite shot was on a par 3. 202 to a back pin, and wanted to play about 196. I grabbed the 4 iron, slightly flighted the ball and hit it exactly where I wanted. I was left about a 20 foot putt, what was more than can be expected on that particular hole. 

Some background: I turned 52 this summer, I have an artificial disc in my S1-L5, and my left knee has needed knee replacement for several years, but I've been just gutting it out and putting off the inevitable. Well this year was great, as far as the amount of time I was able to play (thanks COVID), but was absolutely the most drastic, and difficult period asy far as physical limitations go. I was comfortably playing specific distances, and throughout the Spring to Summer, lost about 15-20 yards per club. My knees were a wreck and really took a toll on my swing. 

I've played forged irons for a long time: MP 14s  (10 years)  then MP 32s (12 years), then Wilson FG V6/C300 forged set two years ago. This year has been rough on my distance (loss), so picking up a lot of lost yardage that was lost was fantastic. I get there's a trade off, feel vs distance etc. I don't need the left/right correction aspect of the HMP, but need the distance. As I'm only getting older (yes, it really does suck!), I find this new type of club (distance with smaller profile) is perfect for what I need. 

One round in the bag - super happy. 

Glad to hear the 921 arrived and you are enjoying them.   Im hoping for mine at some point next week.  

I dont expect to find any new distance as i am already playing a distance iron T300 and MAVRIK.  But hoping for a better feel/sound and that Special Mizuno performance 😎

(Lefty here)... Just got fit for the 921 Hot Metal and the Titleist T200's. Having a tough time deciding... Cost is better on Mizuno. Mizunos a little bit chunkier though. Love the T200 look.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

(Lefty here)... Just got fit for the 921 Hot Metal and the Titleist T200's. Having a tough time deciding... Cost is better on Mizuno. Mizunos a little bit chunkier though. Love the T200 look.

Did either of them stand out more as far as distance / dispersion? For me the Hot Metal Pro's were better than the T200, however it was close. Since you're a lefty, the Pro isn't available to you which takes away a bit of that chunky look.

Did either of them stand out more as far as distance / dispersion? For me the Hot Metal Pro's were better than the T200, however it was close. Since you're a lefty, the Pro isn't available to you which takes away a bit of that chunky look.

Both performed well. I think I WANT the T200s more but the consistent performance (dispersion) was better with Hot Metal. I do prefer looking down at the T200s a little bit more. It’s hard not to go with the Mizunos though from a performance standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Hit them both again and the T300s. Mizuno were just too consistent to deny the results. T300s were tight dispersion but like 10-15yds shorter oddly enough.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

Ordered the Hot Metal! Now I know why is was a ‘most wanted game improvement iron’. Legit for me.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

7 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Ordered the Hot Metal! Now I know why is was a ‘most wanted game improvement iron’. Legit for me.

Nice!  I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.  

22 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Hit them both again and the T300s. Mizuno were just too consistent to deny the results. T300s were tight dispersion but like 10-15yds shorter oddly enough.

Congratulations! Similar experience to mine! I might have to travel down that way just to play them if mine don't arrive soon! I haven't been to Charleston since I was stationed their in the Air Force in early 2000's.

Go figure, I have one o the best rounds hitting my old TM Rocketbladz tour irons in years yesterday. Throwing darts. Had 2 birdies on the front 9 (never had 2 birdies in a round let alone the front 9 to start). Still dying to get the Mizuno's in my hand though so i can get that extra 10-15yds. Had to hit too many 3 & 4 hybrids yesterday.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

10 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Go figure, I have one o the best rounds hitting my old TM Rocketbladz tour irons in years yesterday. Throwing darts. Had 2 birdies on the front 9 (never had 2 birdies in a round let alone the front 9 to start). Still dying to get the Mizuno's in my hand though so i can get that extra 10-15yds. Had to hit too many 3 & 4 hybrids yesterday.

Thats what clubs do when they get word new ones will be soon taking over their comfortable place in a nice bag.  They start behaving and listening when you yell, “cut, cut” or “get down” etc.  

just ignore their temporary Good behavior.  They are being replaced for a reason 😬

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thats what clubs do when they get word new ones will be soon taking over their comfortable place in a nice bag.  They start behaving and listening when you yell, “cut, cut” or “get down” etc.  

just ignore their temporary Good behavior.  They are being replaced for a reason 😬

Exactly one farewell round for the books! It was in a member/guest tourney with my Father-in-law. I birdied the first hole and with a hdcp stroke got me a net eagle. Had money in a skins part and won us $380!  SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

On 9/15/2020 at 1:11 PM, cnosil said:

Players irons testing is going on right now and those clubs are in the test.

Thanks cnosil

Do you have any idea when these results will be published?

And will Hot Metal Pro be included?

Thanks

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

Looking for a complete new bag

Thanks cnosil
Do you have any idea when these results will be published?
And will Hot Metal Pro be included?

Thanks

I finished yesterday and was the first tester to complete players irons. Probably another 1-2 weeks to compete the testing and then some time to analyze results

I don’t believe the hot metal pros were in this test. Hard to remember all the clubs but players irons included the 921 tour and one of the mp-20 models. Both were kind of middle of the pack for me based on subjective review so not very memorable.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

I finished yesterday and was the first tester to complete players irons. Probably another 1-2 weeks to compete the testing and then some time to analyze results

I don’t believe the hot metal pros were in this test. Hard to remember all the clubs but players irons included the 921 tour and one of the mp-20 models. Both were kind of middle of the pack for me based on subjective review so not very memorable.

Thanks again.

Ah, OK so the 921 Forged weren’t included?

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

Looking for a complete new bag

51 minutes ago, Hookalot said:

Thanks again.

Ah, OK so the 921 Forged weren’t included?

If I had to guess, the 921F will be in the Player's Distance category.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

52 minutes ago, yungkory said:

If I had to guess, the 921F will be in the Player's Distance category.

Which would be done next year;  the Mizuno irons were received late so they weren't in the players distance category.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

IMO P770’s should be in the players distance category as well. Speed foam and 1deg stronger than traditional lofts.

Driver       FE55134C-CD73-48E1-AFB5-CC8200F2CB0A.jpeg.0933e8544d5eb3422e959577493f0fef.jpeg Epic sub zero 10.5 Fuji Speer 661 TS xstiff

3 wood   1F17BF28-C0F1-4E8F-8755-ECC09DF97C8C.jpeg.c53f142f688fa9ba960db8bafc55e1e6.jpegR11s 14* Aldila 80g RIP phenom stiff

Hybrid    1F17BF28-C0F1-4E8F-8755-ECC09DF97C8C.jpeg.c53f142f688fa9ba960db8bafc55e1e6.jpeg 2016 M1 19* Fuji pro80 stiff

Irons       D859CF9F-92A7-48A0-A0E6-FD20DF5F7895.jpeg.918a5008145383da3021eff2b9a73b64.jpeg  pro black CB2 3-pw kbs tour 90 stiff

Wedges 7BC1FAAE-D235-40D3-B8B1-129FCE75002D.jpeg.bd104b40d1d6dd996c1a8917eb397626.jpegOil can 50.08  nickel 54.08 58.04

Putter       87484C23-73C2-4A8F-8F7F-536D909C9D00.jpeg.149dc29f28d951d24c3f7e29f69bd596.jpeg  Er.7  37”

Tracking.  B76CF1E2-77CA-421F-96BE-8E04E4B2B861.jpeg.998ffe83005e42b761646e30b0120512.jpeg Arccos 360 

Ball            2D586292-4648-465E-A9F6-8648DB25AEB1.jpeg  Prov1

Today’s range session with them was better than Fridays 8 hole initial round.  Mainly due to the fact I was able to focus on a change i have been working on with my instructor. Easier to keep continued focus on it there vs on the course. 

58E66A3A-E10A-4996-8A7F-371C32B452BD.jpeg

5E783F90-E990-4D9A-A3C8-7303145468F8.jpeg

Hey guys, new to this so don’t kill me. Got fit into the jpx 921 tour this week in KBS $ taper 130x . Amazing iron and TM P7-Mc was a close 2nd with T-100 finishing 3rd. I need help though. Do I go with the black kbs or chrome??? Help me out. And let me know your thoughts on the newest Mizuno jpx line.

152C229C-B70F-4CD1-BB0B-3834006E2ECF.png

Edited by LIGHT THE CANDLE
Add picture

Driver       FE55134C-CD73-48E1-AFB5-CC8200F2CB0A.jpeg.0933e8544d5eb3422e959577493f0fef.jpeg Epic sub zero 10.5 Fuji Speer 661 TS xstiff

3 wood   1F17BF28-C0F1-4E8F-8755-ECC09DF97C8C.jpeg.c53f142f688fa9ba960db8bafc55e1e6.jpegR11s 14* Aldila 80g RIP phenom stiff

Hybrid    1F17BF28-C0F1-4E8F-8755-ECC09DF97C8C.jpeg.c53f142f688fa9ba960db8bafc55e1e6.jpeg 2016 M1 19* Fuji pro80 stiff

Irons       D859CF9F-92A7-48A0-A0E6-FD20DF5F7895.jpeg.918a5008145383da3021eff2b9a73b64.jpeg  pro black CB2 3-pw kbs tour 90 stiff

Wedges 7BC1FAAE-D235-40D3-B8B1-129FCE75002D.jpeg.bd104b40d1d6dd996c1a8917eb397626.jpegOil can 50.08  nickel 54.08 58.04

Putter       87484C23-73C2-4A8F-8F7F-536D909C9D00.jpeg.149dc29f28d951d24c3f7e29f69bd596.jpeg  Er.7  37”

Tracking.  B76CF1E2-77CA-421F-96BE-8E04E4B2B861.jpeg.998ffe83005e42b761646e30b0120512.jpeg Arccos 360 

Ball            2D586292-4648-465E-A9F6-8648DB25AEB1.jpeg  Prov1

I have both colors and black was most appealing to me. Little to no glare, but at the end of the day its all personal preference. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

chrome shaft with the satin head is a classy look. i only like black shafts with black heads

image.gif.2eae6ca9e25015eca20b8b0fb9e45e06.gif

but like @Shank Aaron said...personal preference. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

10 hours ago, LIGHT THE CANDLE said:

Hey guys, new to this so don’t kill me. Got fit into the jpx 921 tour this week in KBS $ taper 130x . Amazing iron and TM P7-Mc was a close 2nd with T-100 finishing 3rd. I need help though. Do I go with the black kbs or chrome??? Help me out. And let me know your thoughts on the newest Mizuno jpx line.

Not going to kill you 🙂  But merged it with it the existing thread, to keep all the JPX21 discussion in one place.

10 hours ago, LIGHT THE CANDLE said:

I went with the KBS Black C Taper Lite in my JPX21 Hot Metals, it's a nice contrasting look.  But I think they would look just as nice with the satin finish as well. 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.