Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

JPX 921's

Tsecor

22 hours ago, LIGHT THE CANDLE said:

Hey guys, new to this so don’t kill me. Got fit into the jpx 921 tour this week in KBS $ taper 130x . Amazing iron and TM P7-Mc was a close 2nd with T-100 finishing 3rd. I need help though. Do I go with the black kbs or chrome??? Help me out. And let me know your thoughts on the newest Mizuno jpx line.

152C229C-B70F-4CD1-BB0B-3834006E2ECF.png

I may be wrong on this, but I believe the black shafts are a pvd finish which means if you keep them long enough you may end up with some bag wear which may or may not bother you.

Just finished my fitting, wow what a difference.  Currently hitting MP-57, hit the 921 HM Pro & Tailor-Made Sim Max Combo. Both were +20 yards on my 7 iron.  Thought I would maybe gain 10 yards, great surprise.  Dispersion was the same with both.  Heading to the course this weekend to try them out.  Can't wait

Driver Taylor Made M4

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Mizuno ES 21 Wedges

Taylor Made TP Collection Putter

On 10/6/2020 at 8:00 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Today’s range session with them was better than Fridays 8 hole initial round.  Mainly due to the fact I was able to focus on a change i have been working on with my instructor. Easier to keep continued focus on it there vs on the course. 

58E66A3A-E10A-4996-8A7F-371C32B452BD.jpeg

5E783F90-E990-4D9A-A3C8-7303145468F8.jpeg

That’s a nice looking bag right there!👌🏼⛳

Driver       FE55134C-CD73-48E1-AFB5-CC8200F2CB0A.jpeg.0933e8544d5eb3422e959577493f0fef.jpeg Epic sub zero 10.5 Fuji Speer 661 TS xstiff

3 wood   1F17BF28-C0F1-4E8F-8755-ECC09DF97C8C.jpeg.c53f142f688fa9ba960db8bafc55e1e6.jpegR11s 14* Aldila 80g RIP phenom stiff

Hybrid    1F17BF28-C0F1-4E8F-8755-ECC09DF97C8C.jpeg.c53f142f688fa9ba960db8bafc55e1e6.jpeg 2016 M1 19* Fuji pro80 stiff

Irons       D859CF9F-92A7-48A0-A0E6-FD20DF5F7895.jpeg.918a5008145383da3021eff2b9a73b64.jpeg  pro black CB2 3-pw kbs tour 90 stiff

Wedges 7BC1FAAE-D235-40D3-B8B1-129FCE75002D.jpeg.bd104b40d1d6dd996c1a8917eb397626.jpegOil can 50.08  nickel 54.08 58.04

Putter       87484C23-73C2-4A8F-8F7F-536D909C9D00.jpeg.149dc29f28d951d24c3f7e29f69bd596.jpeg  Er.7  37”

Tracking.  B76CF1E2-77CA-421F-96BE-8E04E4B2B861.jpeg.998ffe83005e42b761646e30b0120512.jpeg Arccos 360 

Ball            2D586292-4648-465E-A9F6-8648DB25AEB1.jpeg  Prov1

The more I see of these I really want to see what they are like compared to my i210. The Lefty Edition really intrigues me and love the idea of blending a set! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The more I see of these I really want to see what they are like compared to my i210. The Lefty Edition really intrigues me and love the idea of blending a set! 

I'm going with the SEL 6-PW. I'll throw in a Callaway X Forged utility 24* for my 5 iron and have the set a degree strong to line up with my current gamers, the 919 Forged. Love the 919s and I think they're one of the best but I'm about to have my 3rd kid and need to get the bag aligned before I go from broke to really f*^#ing broke. The SEL look fantastic and it's the only way we'll get to play the Tour line of these irons. I just need to order the wife something in the mail to distract her when my irons arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 2 weeks later...

FedEx delivered a nice box from global golf today... Mint Mizuno JPX921 SEL 4-GW. Oh and FedEx delivered them right as my wife was walking out the door. That FedEx guy knew I was in trouble and told my wife they were just really long flowers. Lots of nervous laughs to be had.

I'm swapping out shafts tonight and then will post pics. I've got a tournament tomorrow and what sane person doesn't introduce a new set of irons without testing them and getting proper distances?!

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

IMG_6829.JPG

For the lefties, this is a comparison between the 919 Forged (white 8) and the 921 SEL (black 8). It's a hair thinner on the sole and top line. A little more compact but they frame the ball perfectly. I'll take more pics in the daylight tomorrow. The garage light doesn't do these irons justice.

• Lefty

On 10/9/2020 at 12:03 AM, mwr57 said:

Just finished my fitting, wow what a difference.  Currently hitting MP-57, hit the 921 HM Pro & Tailor-Made Sim Max Combo. Both were +20 yards on my 7 iron.  Thought I would maybe gain 10 yards, great surprise.  Dispersion was the same with both.  Heading to the course this weekend to try them out.  Can't wait

Played with both irons hit them both well.  The TaylorMade were really light and had a definite draw bias.  They had a different sound with contact.  The 921’s where much straighter, and fleet smooth.  Took them both back to the indoor range at GOLFTEC.  Similar results with the Taylor Made draw bias.  Hit the 921 much mire consistent, out of about 25 shots put 1 2” and one 5”.  Order the Mizuno, should have in about 3 weeks. 

Driver Taylor Made M4

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Mizuno ES 21 Wedges

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I feel compelled to update, as my giddiness from the 921 HMPs is ridiculous (cue inner child giggles).

As stated earlier, I’ve played “players” clubs for years and wanted/needed to get some distance back. Well, distance is not a worry any longer. These are hot. Yet, I don’t feel like anything is extraordinarily extreme in feel, sound, or ball flight.

I do feel a slight “trampoline” effect, but it’s negligible and was easy to get used to. Look, center hits on most clubs feel sweet anyhow, so that’s not something I feel is a major issue.

As said before, I wasn’t looking for forgiveness, but adding some distance and having some decent distance dispersion was important. As said, distance and distance control are a non-issue. Long and I hit my distances.

What’s been the most impactful effect is the left-right dispersion. These are straight. Really straight. I feel like, somehow, I’m cheating because they are so straight. I’ve routinely laced 4 & 5 irons, straight as anything I’ve ever hit. Dead straight. My rounds, since 9/22 have been the best all year. I credit that to the “yuge” benefits from these sticks.

As I’m getting older I really don’t care (any longer) what the club category they fall into, as long as I get what I need.

However, these are so fun to hit and I swear it feels like I’m getting away with a crime bc they are so easy to hit. :) They are a very pretty club.

Side note, I went to adjust the lies and found out that they were 1deg upright out of the box. Bad form Mizuno. They are easy to bend for fitting, so that was good to hear. FYI- the gap wedge is made of different metal than the Chromoloy. Miz website says X30 steel.

Also, I do like the looks of the HMP. If all Mizuno had were the HMs I probably wouldn’t have bought them. I like the lack of offset, and smallish head (comparatively). The thicker topline was a turn off, but didn’t sway my decision.

Overall, I could’ve gone with a combo set (esp for the short irons), but I’m happy with the set as is.

I look forward to when a thorough review and opinions from MGS comes out.

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX-5 MK2 LS. Riptide LX, TX (9.5 & 10.5)

3-Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth (15*), Riptide X-Stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G400 2H 17 Deg,  Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ, X-stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 HMP 4-GW, Proj X Lz

Wedge: :titelist-small: SM9 54 deg, 10 bounce, & SM9 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG TI S400 (courtesy of winning MGS Masters Pool!)

Flat Stick:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled #4

1 hour ago, tribota said:

Okay, I feel compelled to update, as my giddiness from the 921 HMPs is ridiculous (cue inner child giggles).

As stated earlier, I’ve played “players” clubs for years and wanted/needed to get some distance back. Well, distance is not a worry any longer. These are hot. Yet, I don’t feel like anything is extraordinarily extreme in feel, sound, or ball flight.

I do feel a slight “trampoline” effect, but it’s negligible and was easy to get used to. Look, center hits on most clubs feel sweet anyhow, so that’s not something I feel is a major issue.

As said before, I wasn’t looking for forgiveness, but adding some distance and having some decent distance dispersion was important. As said, distance and distance control are a non-issue. Long and I hit my distances.

What’s been the most impactful effect is the left-right dispersion. These are straight. Really straight. I feel like, somehow, I’m cheating because they are so straight. I’ve routinely laced 4 & 5 irons, straight as anything I’ve ever hit. Dead straight. My rounds, since 9/22 have been the best all year. I credit that to the “yuge” benefits from these sticks.

As I’m getting older I really don’t care (any longer) what the club category they fall into, as long as I get what I need.

However, these are so fun to hit and I swear it feels like I’m getting away with a crime bc they are so easy to hit. :) They are a very pretty club.

Side note, I went to adjust the lies and found out that they were 1deg upright out of the box. Bad form Mizuno. They are easy to bend for fitting, so that was good to hear. FYI- the gap wedge is made of different metal than the Chromoloy. Miz website says X30 steel.

Also, I do like the looks of the HMP. If all Mizuno had were the HMs I probably wouldn’t have bought them. I like the lack of offset, and smallish head (comparatively). The thicker topline was a turn off, but didn’t sway my decision.

Overall, I could’ve gone with a combo set (esp for the short irons), but I’m happy with the set as is.

I look forward to when a thorough review and opinions from MGS comes out.

+1 for using "yuge"

Also glad to hear you're digging them -- time to update that signature!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, mwr57 said:

Santa finally arrived and the new JPX are in the bag, can not wait to get them out and hit them.  Was about a 4 week delivery.

C'mon man give us the pictures

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 hours ago, mwr57 said:

Santa finally arrived and the new JPX are in the bag, can not wait to get them out and hit them.  Was about a 4 week delivery.

Picture record the first contact strike mark with each club... you only get that opportunity one time 👍.  Have fun!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Picture record the first contact strike mark with each club... you only get that opportunity one time 👍.  Have fun!

Well, first contact has been put on hold due to Covid.  Son tested positive this week, no one else has, so i am quarantining for 2 weeks.  Talk about torture...just hope he recovers quickly and will be back on the links soon.

Driver Taylor Made M4

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Mizuno ES 21 Wedges

16 minutes ago, mwr57 said:

Well, first contact has been put on hold due to Covid.  Son tested positive this week, no one else has, so i am quarantining for 2 weeks.  Talk about torture...just hope he recovers quickly and will be back on the links soon.

Hope your son gets well soon. Stay safe.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Hope your son gets well soon. Stay safe.

Ditto!

Tim
Miz MP-32’s DGS300
Miz MP 52, 56
Wilson FG 62
Callaway 2H tipped stiff
Miz F-15 3w 13.5 deg. Exsar stiff
Cobra F6+, Matriz Ozik Xstiff
TM SLDR FUJI speeder TS

Wedge: :titelist-small: SM9 54 deg, 10 bounce, & SM9 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG TI S400 (courtesy of winning MGS Masters Pool!)

• 2 months later...

I have played the T200’s 5-PW since last Spring.  They have the AMT r flex shaft and the chrome finish against my black bag and head covers commands attention every-where I go.  However, at 72 I am about ready to look at Recoil or some other graphite.  So I hit the Hot Metal 921 against my T200’s.  The Pro’s are not available to us lefties.  I hit 7 irons and the Mizuno with r flex Nippon Neo 950 steel shaft.  The distance was identical with the Mizuno flying 5 ft. higher.  Direction was also too close to call a winner, but I rarely miss center contact.  The Mizuno was the clear winner for feel, but only on the few I caught thin.  I still felt the thin hit, but was not punished as much as with the Titleist.  Amazingly, thin hits ended up with little to no distance loss for both.  At this point, I hit the Recoil 460 r shaft in the Mizuno and got 5-7 extra yards with less effort.  Even with Pro v1’s, the smoother feel was very noticeable.  Summary:  Titleist just looks better with less offset and better turf interaction for those who take divots.  The Hot Metals had a 1.3 mph higher ball speed, better for players who sweep the ball, more offset esp. long irons, probably more forgiving for 10+ handicap.  I am ordering them tomorrow 6-GW with the Recoils...it’s time for me.

My hot metals are great. I haven’t looked back yet. The feel is like butter but I know when the kid hits occur. The ability to get a premium shaft without the massive up charge is also nice. They are consistent with distances, haven’t noticed any fliers. My friends all Love them and can’t keep their hands out of my bag

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the WITB for Paul Casey: 3 & 4 iron in the HMP. Interesting.