Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cumulative Test Results?

VtheGNMan

New to the forum and am working my way thru all the older NPG vids on the youtube station.   You guys seriously rock.

My suggestion comes in after hearing over and over again about people complaining that (insert whatever club name here) wasn't included in a Most Wanted test.  Maybe the club wasn't available or for whatever reason was not included in the test.   Isn't it possible to test a single or a few clubs by the same perimeters that you did the extensive test with and publish those results?   Like at a 1/2 point thru the year you can take the clubs released during that period and not have to redo the entire test.   Updated Most Wanted testing results.  

In that same way, couldn't you have a cumulative test results page that would have every club tested for that particular category?  Even if it was last years model if the company had a new release?  Within a few years can you imagine the database of club results and how it would compare new offerings to past models?  

Maybe the fear is that club sales would go down as consumers would feel less need to get the latest and greatest when maybe the latest isn't necessarily the greatest? 

New to the forum and am working my way thru all the older NPG vids on the youtube station.   You guys seriously rock.
My suggestion comes in after hearing over and over again about people complaining that (insert whatever club name here) wasn't included in a Most Wanted test.  Maybe the club wasn't available or for whatever reason was not included in the test.   Isn't it possible to test a single or a few clubs by the same perimeters that you did the extensive test with and publish those results?   Like at a 1/2 point thru the year you can take the clubs released during that period and not have to redo the entire test.   Updated Most Wanted testing results.  
In that same way, couldn't you have a cumulative test results page that would have every club tested for that particular category?  Even if it was last years model if the company had a new release?  Within a few years can you imagine the database of club results and how it would compare new offerings to past models?  
Maybe the fear is that club sales would go down as consumers would feel less need to get the latest and greatest when maybe the latest isn't necessarily the greatest? 

I don’t work for MGS but I am on of the most wanted testers. The following are my thoughts on your post:

Most wanted testing is a year round thing. As a tester I start in early January and continue to test until approximately September. We just don’t have the time to go back and test additional clubs. Testing clubs isn’t my full time job.

Manufacturers also choose what they want to send in based on testing deadlines. In some cases highly desirable products may be purchased and added to the testing. There is also criteria associate with what products that MGS will accept.

You building a database of product seems to be in MGSs radar. They have a website that helps fit drivers based on parameters you enter. https://truegolffit.com. I don’t know if this is cumulative or just current year.

MGS is about product and performance and not about how much product a particular company sells.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Great info.  Realizing the scope of the testing it just might not be plausible.  Plus if the manufacturers have deadlines, that's on them. 

You guys do a great job giving us real world data.  I'll be using the truegolffit system once I have more data about my swing.   Going into a golf retail swing booth for launch data just isn't possible right now as we have a family member is in the extremely high risk category for Covid.   Just not worth the risk.