TESTERS WANTED! ×

TGFit to PXG 0811 driver

VtheGNMan

I went thru the TrueGolfFit and was matched for a PGX 0811 X 10.5 Driver.  With the current phenomenal sale on their drivers I went and pulled the trigger.  I'm looking a few weeks off from having it but really am excited to get it.   Updating from an old Cleveland 588 Custom driver.   Will post up some observational reviews once I get and try it.  

Loved the True Golf Fit process so far!  

Update on this.  Expected build to ship time was at 3 weeks when I ordered.  It was completed early and is in route now.  Should be here later this week or early next.  Turn around time was less than a week after ordering to ship out.  Can't wait! 

• 3 weeks later...

Update #2.  Box arrived and when they talk about the quality of the box they are right! Great packaging.  Makes for an excellent presentation even through the mail! 
Top to bottom this driver exudes quality.  Absolutely a masterpiece. Headcover is super high quality leather too. 
    I’ve been able to play 2 rounds with it thus far.  I probably should have pounded some balls at the range to get used to it but no, straight to the course and tee box #1 for me.  This is a much different driver than my old driver, a Cleveland 588 custom and a Cleveland launcher 460 before that.  I opted for the standard length shaft which is slightly shorter than my previous drivers to get better consistency on hitting the sweet spot.  This shaft length as caused a few miss hits but that’s on me, not the club.  
    They call this club the spin killer.  No launch data numbers but actual on course observations and I would have to concur with this.   I’ve tended to be errant with tee shots in the past and the ball flight now is much less side to side movement if any at all.  It just feels like the ball is coming off with no spin.  Can’t say I have even lost a tee shot yet now that I think about it.  My previous mentioned misshits were only a couple topped balls as I adjust to the new length.   A low, penetrating ball flight that absolutely just rockets off the face.  I’ve hit some of the best, straightest and longest drives of my life and I’m just 2 rounds in.  I have not moved any of the weights from the standard settings yet.  I see no need to yet.  
    On one particular tee shot on my home course that is always a little daunting is a tight tree lined fairway and this night we had a headwind.  Nightmare city in the past with a big number lurking.  The PXG soared straight as an arrow like there was no wind at all and I had the longest drive I’ve ever had on that hole.  The 3 other guys in my group were left scrambling as they missed the fairway and put theirs in the woods.  
   I should mention the sound this club makes.  Sound of impact is more of a dull thud than my previous Launcher but that thing would practically shatter glass with its high pitched ping.  Some may or may not like this.  If you’re one who really cares what your driver sounds like you might want to hear it before purchasing.  I could care less what it sounds like as long as I don’t hear the ball creaming into trees.  

Absolutely looking forward to playing more with this driver.  PXG has impressed this golfer.  True Golf Fit seems to have worked for the fit too.  So glad I used it and pulled the trigger on this awesome club.  Thanks MGS and TGF!  

• 2 weeks later...

Update #3.  Each time out I get better and better with this driver.  I have not wanted to mess with a good thing so I still have not tinkered with the weights.  I am FLYING it past where my best drive with roll would end up.  Sure I was using an older driver and it's true that they say about you will see an advancement if your old driver is 3-5 years old.  Mine was definitely older than that was and the improvement is astonishing.  

Another testimony to PXG.  I thought it was a nice touch.  About 3 weeks after the delivery I received a text from the PXG rep that covers my area (still about 4+ hours away) introducing himself and just to let him know if he can do anything else for me.  Some might not like that but I think it truly shows their focus on customer relations and support. 

One other thing I didn't mention before was when I ordered this club from PXG's site, the exact shaft that was recommended on True Golf Fit was not an option.  So I ended up calling in and getting PXG's input and the new recommendation for a shaft that was identical to what TGF spec'd for me.  The PXG sales rep asked if I had a couple minutes and he would go thru a fitting process to me and see if their recommendation aligned with TGF.  Spec for spec his recommendation was what the TGF had called for.   Great validation for anyone a little skeptical of the TGF process or recommendations. 

Highly recommend both TGF and PXG!