analyticandrew

Club Champion long build/delivery times?

Our Sponsors

Hey all - I took advantage of Club Champion's deal where the $350 full bag fitting was free as long as I bought $500 in merch. I ordered a Seemore putter and an Edel wedge from them over a month ago and they're STILL not available. Conversely, I ordered two other wedges directly from Edel and they were delivered in a week. I called Seemore and they said they are getting things out in 2-4 days. Supposedly my putter was delivered to their Chicago build facility over a week ago and it still hasn't made its way to my local CC. They were also "unable to give me an update" on the Edel timing. 

I know that EVERYTHING has slowed down during COVID, but this seems SUPER excessive. I also know that Club Champion has longer than normal times because of "their process" of building things "from scratch" to ensure the highest quality standards.

Am I going crazy? 

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Driver with KBS TD Shaft

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

Hybrid: searching

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

:edel-golf-1: Custom Wedges - 48*, 53*, 58* with KBS V Shafts

:seemore-small: Platinum mTRI-Mallet

:bridgestone-small: 2020 Tour BX or B Ball

:cobra-small: Golf Ultralight Bag

You’re not: I had a CC driver fitting on 6/6. Got the shaft I ordered yesterday, 8/1. If they don’t already have it in stock at their HQ, you’re in for a wait. My shaft was coming from Mitsubishi: and they were delayed due to being out of components to build with! So they had to to get inventory, then ship overseas, then CC builds, and ships to your location. So 55 days later, I got my order. So it goes in the age of COVID-19...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

21 minutes ago, Micah T said:

You’re not: I had a CC driver fitting on 6/6. Got the shaft I ordered yesterday, 8/1. If they don’t already have it in stock at their HQ, you’re in for a wait. My shaft was coming from Mitsubishi: and they were delayed due to being out of components to build with! So they had to to get inventory, then ship overseas, then CC builds, and ships to your location. So 55 days later, I got my order. So it goes in the age of COVID-19...

Totally understand that type of situation. I actually called both of the OEMs, and they confirm for me that my items already shipped out to club Champion. So this makes it even more maddening.Totally understand that type of situation. I actually called both of the OEMs, and they confirm for me that my items already shipped out to club Champion. So this makes it even more maddening.

• Like 2

:srixon-small: ZF85 3 wood with Raijin Shaft and :benhogan-small: Baffy 5w with Harrison Rifle (old school!) Shaft

:callaway-small: Mavrik Pro 4-PW Irons with TrueTemper DG S300 Shafts with :Arccos: 

I've been hearing a lot about long wait times from them lately and am wondering if independent fitters or golftec are having the same problem.

I was planning on buying new irons, this spring but got stuck overseas till about a week ago. I was looking into game improvements irons but I'm not sure I really want to go through the process this year of finding a fitter, getting fit, then waiting till the end of the golf season here in New England to be able to play them. I'm not looking for anything just something better fit to.me than my off the rack rocketballz.

• Like 1

I've been hearing a lot about long wait times from them lately and am wondering if independent fitters or golftec are having the same problem.
I was planning on buying new irons, this spring but got stuck overseas till about a week ago. I was looking into game improvements irons but I'm not sure I really want to go through the process this year of finding a fitter, getting fit, then waiting till the end of the golf season here in New England to be able to play them. I'm not looking for anything just something better fit to.me than my off the rack rocketballz.

I feel like it’s basically the new normal: you can always ask to only demo what CC or true spec have in stock already, that would cut the wait time...

I was informed (by CC) that one of the reasons is because Edel is building this wedge and not CC that CC is at the mercy of whenever Edel decides to finish it. CC said that Edel will fulfill their own retail orders and deprioritize partner orders. I get this to a degree, but 6 weeks still seems excessive. 

What I ALSO found out is that CC only ships your entire order. So if they are waiting on your putter, but they have your irons and woods and wedges, they won’t ship the order. 

Thankfully I talked them into sending along the putter and I’ll just have to wait for the wedge. 

Honestly, if I didn’t NEED to keep the wedge from CC to have gotten the free fitting, I would cancel it and just order from Edel. 

• Like 1

I did the same deal as you for the free fitting if $500 spend met on July 2. I got a SIM Max and Newport 2 putter. As of last week I am still waiting on the order (2 clubs) so I ended up just canceling the SIM head since we're only a couple months away from TM releasing new woods and figured I can wait until then at this point. If I decide to just get it I could probably just order it from DSG or Carlsgolfland and have it here in two days...

CC told me the next target delivery date for the shaft and putter is next week. We'll see how that holds up.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:34 PM, analyticandrew said:

Hey all - I took advantage of Club Champion's deal where the $350 full bag fitting was free as long as I bought $500 in merch. I ordered a Seemore putter and an Edel wedge from them over a month ago and they're STILL not available. Conversely, I ordered two other wedges directly from Edel and they were delivered in a week. I called Seemore and they said they are getting things out in 2-4 days. Supposedly my putter was delivered to their Chicago build facility over a week ago and it still hasn't made its way to my local CC. They were also "unable to give me an update" on the Edel timing. 

I know that EVERYTHING has slowed down during COVID, but this seems SUPER excessive. I also know that Club Champion has longer than normal times because of "their process" of building things "from scratch" to ensure the highest quality standards.

Am I going crazy? 

I’ll tell you this... I am good friends with a manager of a CC and he had one of my clubs right at the beginning of Covid that he was supposed to swap shafts in and out of. Well, they get shutdown to customers coming-in for fittings, and he’s supposedly already fixed my club. A month later, after lying about shipping it, and having me call UPS, a UPS drop off they use  all the time, he comes clean and says he never built the club. Yep. Flat out lied through his teeth.

Come to find out, he was actually allowed to go and do his builds, just as long as they had zero customers in the building. Some builds are done locally, not all are done in Illinois! He then tells me he PURPOSELY wasn’t building any clubs until Club Champion gave them their full pay back! CC had reduced their pay, but they didn’t lay them off or furlough them, well, this guy was mad and all his customers were “just going to have to wait”.

I have NO idea what they’ve done with your clubs, but at this point, cancel the order, call Edel and SeeMore with your specs, and have them take care of you directly. When one is fitted with clubs like that from specialty makers, there really isn’t ANY reason to have CC build the clubs because Edel and SeeMore don’t mass produce, and EVERYTHING is “spec’d” out to the specific golfer.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

12 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’ll tell you this... I am good friends with a manager of a CC and he had one of my clubs right at the beginning of Covid that he was supposed to swap shafts in and out of. Well, they get shutdown to customers coming-in for fittings, and he’s supposedly already fixed my club. A month later, after lying about shipping it, and having me call UPS, a UPS drop off they use  all the time, he comes clean and says he never built the club. Yep. Flat out lied through his teeth.

Come to find out, he was actually allowed to go and do his builds, just as long as they had zero customers in the building. Some builds are done locally, not all are done in Illinois! He then tells me he PURPOSELY wasn’t building any clubs until Club Champion gave them their full pay back! CC had reduced their pay, but they didn’t lay them off or furlough them, well, this guy was mad and all his customers were “just going to have to wait”.

I have NO idea what they’ve done with your clubs, but at this point, cancel the order, call Edel and SeeMore with your specs, and have them take care of you directly. When one is fitted with clubs like that from specialty makers, there really isn’t ANY reason to have CC build the clubs because Edel and SeeMore don’t mass produce, and EVERYTHING is “spec’d” out to the specific golfer.

Some friend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Some friend.

Yeah, pretty much haven’t talked since. Never understood why someone would lie to the extent he did when he’s done all of my fittings for the last five years, four of which he wasn’t with CC. Really good fitter, but I don’t plan on using him again, needless to say.

• Like 5

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

I think club fitting is important but the Club Champion model has always rubbed me the wrong way. In what world is it okay to sell a $500 driver but not offer stock shafts? It sounds like they offer a decent fitting but it will be tainted with constant up selling. If you want a good fitting, find yourself a Tom Wishon or local club fitter. Club Champion just smells of some over-leveraged private equity deal.

UPDATE: Got the SeeMore after talking with someone on Instagram. They were able to get the putter separated from the wedge for shipping. I've played two rounds with it so far. YAY!

I emailed Edel as I had recently bought two additional wedges from them just to see if they could shed any light. Well... THE CLUB WAS NEVER ORDERED. They called the CC ordering department saying "hey, this guy said YOU all said you were waiting on Edel to complete this club, and we don't even have it in our system". The CC ordering dept said it was completely their fault. Edel said they'd build it same day and ship it to CC for me on a rush. A week later (almost) and 1. I still haven't heard ANYTHING from CC saying that they messed up, apologizing or anything and 2. Still no contact letting me know the status.

I just had to email the GM for our area and say that I knew what's up and where's my wedge?

From this experience, I have to say to stay away from CC. I enjoyed my fitting, but this has soured me BIG TIME and I won't be going back in 5-7 years when I do another fitting. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Well, the saga continues... I got a shipping notification from CC that my club was delivered to my local CC last Friday. I was super busy over the weekend and this week, and I'm not playing until tomorrow, so I thought I'd see when someone reaches out to me. No one has. A club that was already delayed weeks and weeks is finally delivered, and still no one has reached out about it for me to come pick it up. Frustrating to say the least. 

• Like 2

Well, the saga continues... I got a shipping notification from CC that my club was delivered to my local CC last Friday. I was super busy over the weekend and this week, and I'm not playing until tomorrow, so I thought I'd see when someone reaches out to me. No one has. A club that was already delayed weeks and weeks is finally delivered, and still no one has reached out about it for me to come pick it up. Frustrating to say the least. 

What I’ve discovered about CC is, like most “franchises”, it has good locations and bad. This is why the experience varies so much: my location has a great manager, who emailed me weekly updates when I waited almost 2 months for my aftermarket shaft, he also called the day it came in. No one would go back to any business the way you were treated, I would be beyond frustrated too. I wonder if they even realize how much brand damage gets done when they treat their core demographic this way.

Ordered a sim driver and sim Max hybrid on august 7th got an email 3 weeks ago saying they were waiting on the hybrid, seems odd taylormade would ship them my order separately.. emailed them a week ago asking if this was still the case, and was told the build shop is full and I should get an email sayin this.. still haven’t heard anything about the build shop.. 31 days and counting is excessive even with covid going on

Edited by Wisemanchillen

I ordered a full set - TS2 driver, hybrid, and 3W, and a set of Maverick Max irons - and have been waiting now for over 10 weeks. My emails go unanswered. I try and call the store and the call gets rerouted to the central/corporate center. Everything is stock - no modifications other than grips I picked out. I ordered in mid July and finally got an “update” that my order should be ready Oct 1. Just in time for what, winter golf? The TS2 line has already been further discounted since I paid for mine through CC...

Really starting to feel like a scam at this point...