Jump to content

Tour AD XC vs Tour AD BB


Eagleputt2008
 Share

Recommended Posts

Absolutely love the bb6x in my driver but curious if anybody can provide some feedback on here for the new tour ad xc? Lookin for info on how it feels compared to the bb. Thanks!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@THEZIPR23 should have some input....

  • Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

XC is softer. Felt like club head was hanging back a little bit. But was still able to go after it with no ill effects. That is just my first observation. I don’t have shaft in hand yet. 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

XC is softer. Felt like club head was hanging back a little bit. But was still able to go after it with no ill effects. That is just my first observation. I don’t have shaft in hand yet. 

not getting along with the ventus anymore?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

not getting along with the ventus anymore?

XC reduced the spin and lowered dispersion but that was in sim head. We will see how it does when it arrives. 

  • Like 3

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 10:36 PM, Eagleputt2008 said:

 

Absolutely love the bb6x in my driver but curious if anybody can provide some feedback on here for the new tour ad xc? Lookin for info on how it feels compared to the bb. Thanks!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

@Eagleputt2008 I had the bb 6x in my M3 switched to a g410 with various shafts and was a horrible experiment for me... so I am back with TM and this go around it’s the 6x XC... Could not order the TX version through TM since they don’t stock it and did not bother checking on a price... that being said it is no way shape or form softer than the BB at the same weight and flex. They added TORAYCA MX40 pre-preg and TORAYCA T1100G NANOALLOY pre-preg in the mid and tip regions for increased stability and feel. Over all when you look at it from an E/I perspective the butt section and tip section are stiffer than the BB while mid section remains the same... XC stands for extra carry and it does have some pop... still compared to other low spin shafts it’s relatively soft handle like the BB... it has all the legendary feel of the BB with all the Benefits of modern technology... it will be a little tighter dispersion for you hopefully and a little jump in carry... honestly it was so good I replaced the BB 7x with the XC 7x in my 3W

  • Like 2

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Manimal26 said:

@Eagleputt2008 I had the bb 6x in my M3 switched to a g410 with various shafts and was a horrible experiment for me... so I am back with TM and this go around it’s the 6x XC... Could not order the TX version through TM since they don’t stock it and did not bother checking on a price... that being said it is no way shape or form softer than the BB at the same weight and flex. They added TORAYCA MX40 pre-preg and TORAYCA T1100G NANOALLOY pre-preg in the mid and tip regions for increased stability and feel. Over all when you look at it from an E/I perspective the butt section and tip section are stiffer than the BB while mid section remains the same... XC stands for extra carry and it does have some pop... still compared to other low spin shafts it’s relatively soft handle like the BB... it has all the legendary feel of the BB with all the Benefits of modern technology... it will be a little tighter dispersion for you hopefully and a little jump in carry... honestly it was so good I replaced the BB 7x with the XC 7x in my 3W

Yup. Txg previewed the XC when it first came out. They called it a stiffer version of the BB 

CC5 sig.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

Yup. Txg previewed the XC when it first came out. They called it a stiffer version of the BB 

Totally forgot about that video it was so long ago or 2020 is just doing that... Matty settled on that ultra expensive Accra 440 m5+ shaft... i am going to have to go back and watch it and see how he does with it...

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

Totally forgot about that video it was so long ago or 2020 is just doing that... Matty settled on that ultra expensive Accra 440 m5+ shaft... i am going to have to go back and watch it and see how he does with it...

Yeah it was a 2019 video where he hit the new Rogue, Nemesys Proto and the XC

CC5 sig.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah it was a 2019 video where he hit the new Rogue, Nemesys Proto and the XC

Mucho gracias that will save me some time... love the TXG videos been watching since they first launched... plus I pick up some great fitting tips

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Anyone here hit the IZ as well as the BB?  Currently waiting on my BB6x, the IZ is great on dispersion, but Im getting to many flares just hanging up 

TSI3 Driver tour ad iz 6X

TS3 15* 3 wood evenflow white

818 H1 21* hybrid evenflow blue

4-W Titleist T200 Modus 3 120 1* Flat .5 cut

Vokey 54*S - 60*M SM7

Scotty Fastback 1.5 33” 20g weights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...