xOldBenKenobiX

My wife just doesn't get it.

Our Sponsors

Go buy it yourself.  Better yet, go in and get fitted for one.  That way you know you will have it for many years to come.  Just a thought.  I would prefer for my wife to not get me anything golf related that way I can go buy the EXACT item I want myself.  Works out better for us I guess.

• Like 9

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

6 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Go buy it yourself.  Better yet, go in and get fitted for one.  That way you know you will have it for many years to come.  Just a thought.  I would prefer for my wife to not get me anything golf related that way I can go buy the EXACT item I want myself.  Works out better for us I guess.

At this point is not even about getting the putter, is about her getting me something that I really want. 

But yeah it seems that I'm going to have to buy it my self. 

• Like 4

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

35 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Agreed, buy it yourself and instead of tangible gifts for bdays go out to a restaurant you normally wouldn't splurge on, or something like that. 

• Like 2

Lefty

Epic flash 9*+2* HZRDS smoke stiff 60g

T100s/200 combo project x LZ 6.5  125g std length 2* upright 

Yeah, I don't think I could accept it after the first 2 failed attempts either, but I don't think it's our place to criticize your wife, since you married her and love her.

That's why my wife and I don't exchange gifts. We have shared accounts, so it's the same as taking our money and just buying what we need/want.

And we can also avoid those unpleasant surprises and don't have to pretend to like a hideous gift.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

True love is knowing someone’s faults and loving them anyway. That said, does your wife like to play pranks/ surprise you? She might be setting you up to be genuinely surprised...

My wife and I exchange lists: so there’s still an element of surprise, but anything we get each other is something the other wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Yep I do the same, just buy me X or this is what I'm gonna buy myself

Take Dead Aim

• Like 5

3 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

At this point is not even about getting the putter, is about her getting me something that I really want. 

But yeah it seems that I'm going to have to buy it my self. 

Nothing wrong with that.  You can announce to her that you have a great dea for your present, and make like seem you are taking care of everything so as to make things easier for her.  

My wife pulls this one on me all of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmoothG said:

I don't even mess around with "hints".  I'll send my wife an email or text that says "This is what I want for my birthday and here is where you can get it". Then I include a link to the exact item I want. No guessing for her and I'm not walking away feeling disappointed. 

That's exactly what I do. Works out every time.

• Like 1

Driver, Ping G400 11* SR Flex

3 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 17*  R Flex

5 Wood, TaylorMade SLDR 19* R Flex

Hybrid, Cobra Amp 24* R Flex

Irons, Sub 70 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

Wedges, Cleveland CBX 56* & 60*

Putter, Odyssey Marksman Fang 35"

Honey I know my birthday is coming, don't get me anything. I am going to get me this new putter and wouldn't feel right you spending more on me after me getting a new putter

I have used that one before.. also my wife after 26 years knows that for my birthday I go hunting. If "I" decide not to go then I'll let her get me something.. if I go hunting that's what I want and what I get.. done.. And NO she does not go with me, it's my birthday and she does not get to f that up..lol..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

True love is knowing someone’s faults and loving them anyway. That said, does your wife like to play pranks/ surprise you? She might be setting you up to be genuinely surprised...

My wife and I exchange lists: so there’s still an element of surprise, but anything we get each other is something the other wanted.

Then this sounds like the ultimate prank of pranks if it's been going on for their entire marriage .. if that's the case then that's just absolute cruelty.

My wife and I have pretty much foregone giving big gifts. Instead of saying "thanks for buying me X" we just say "thanks for letting me buy X". It seems to work out much better that way.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 4

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

My approach is get my wife the stuff she wants so that she doesn't get on my case for my own golf spending habits lol.

Yup , sounds familiar

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

One year she actually gave me a frying pan for Christmas. That was the last straw, now I text, email and tell her point blank, this is what I want, this is where to get it. If I don't get it from her as a gift for what ever occasion it is, the next day I go get it myself!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Far and Sure......

:ping-small:G410 SFT (10.5 degree), Project X Hzrdus Yellow Stiff Shaft

:ping-small:: G20 4W

:ping-small:: G410 5W

:ping-small::  G20    5H

:ping-small:: G410 5 thru UW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*  

:wilson_staff_small: PMP FG Tour 60*                                                        

:cleveland-small:; TFi 2135 1.0 Putter

:bridgestone-small: TourB-RXS

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro NX9 HD

Bat Caddy X3 Electric Bag Cart

One year she actually gave me a frying pan for Christmas. That was the last straw, now I text, email and tell her point blank, this is what I want, this is where to get it. If I don't get it from her as a gift for what ever occasion it is, the next day I go get it myself!
Chris

Can top that, I got a vacuum cleaner. Never figured that out.

• Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

When I read treads like these, I realize how spoiled (blessed) I am !!!

While back, she saw what I was using with Microsoft Flight Simulator X, so she bought me a $450 stick, throttle and rudder set

I wanted to learn how to play guitar (10 years ago) I now have 4 guitars, 1 Strat, 1 gibson, 1 nylon string, 1 steel string and a BASS, still can only play a couple of chords

Got my first "boutique putter" about 12 years ago, a Byron oil can anser 2 model, I now have 12 Byrons

While waiting for our stereo to be finished, we walked to Roger Dunn, I tried the newly release PING G25's, 30 minutes later my order was in,,,,,,,,

I do same for her, she got hit by the golf bug HARD two years ago, her first set is PING LE irons 7-SW, 4 thru 6 hybrid, Cobra F-8 Ladies driver and customs GSS Byron Anser 2 style

Maybe because we both had horrible prior spouses and we are now making up for lost times!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

When I read treads like these, I realize how spoiled (blessed) I am !!!
While back, she saw what I was using with Microsoft Flight Simulator X, so she bought me a $450 stick, throttle and rudder set
I wanted to learn how to play guitar (10 years ago) I now have 4 guitars, 1 Strat, 1 gibson, 1 nylon string, 1 steel string and a BASS, still can only play a couple of chords
Got my first "boutique putter" about 12 years ago, a Byron oil can anser 2 model, I now have 12 Byrons
While waiting for our stereo to be finished, we walked to Roger Dunn, I tried the newly release PING G25's, 30 minutes later my order was in,,,,,,,,
I do same for her, she got hit by the golf bug HARD two years ago, her first set is PING LE irons 7-SW, 4 thru 6 hybrid, Cobra F-8 Ladies driver and customs GSS Byron Anser 2 style
Maybe because we both had horrible prior spouses and we are now making up for lost times!!!!!

Whatever it is be thankful and keep it going

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

44 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Whatever it is be thankful and keep it goingemoji106.png

Thanks! Will do

• Like 2

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

"Giving hints" to your wife LOL

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Complete multi-sentence description, in writing, with links to said potential gifts and images is the only way to go. And it works both ways - my wife is the one that started that with ME and it's worked out just fine. 

People out here "giving hints" and expecting that to actually work... I'm dying over here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb