Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

LPGA Drive On Championship

tony@CIC

Congrats to Danielle Kang on her 4th tour win today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Cool didn't realize LPGA is back. I need to watch more of them, as their golf is more relatable...but they'd still kick my ass all over a course.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Byron Nelson was head professional at Inverness.  Hogan was assistant and head professional at Century Country Club in New York and head professional at Hershey Country Club in Pennsylvania. 

10 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Cool didn't realize LPGA is back. I need to watch more of them, as their golf is more relatable...but they'd still kick my ass all over a course.

Take Dead Aim

Marathon Classic (Toledo) coming up this weekend. We have gone there is previous years - great venue for being 'up close'

9 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Byron Nelson was head professional at Inverness.  Hogan was assistant and head professional at Century Country Club in New York and head professional at Hershey Country Club in Pennsylvania. 

I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Funny anecdote that I believe, originated from Inverness.  We are all aware that in the days before the PGA Tour existed, the PGA ran the Tour.  The PGA was trying to help the LPGA get off the ground in the 1940's.  They had a mixed field tournament of PGA and LPGA players called the All-America Open.  Betty Hicks won by 4 shots over Byron Nelson.  Byron took the $10,000 first place prize and recognition for continuing his 11 tournament win streak.  Hicks was given a $500 check and told to get lost.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Funny anecdote that I believe, originated from Inverness.  We are all aware that in the days before the PGA Tour existed, the PGA ran the Tour.  The PGA was trying to help the LPGA get off the ground in the 1940's.  They had a mixed field tournament of PGA and LPGA players called the All-America Open.  Betty Hicks won by 4 shots over Byron Nelson.  Byron took the $10,000 first place prize and recognition for continuing his 11 tournament win streak.  Hicks was given a $500 check and told to get lost.

And there is still quite the disparity between paychecks so nothing has changed. I get that sponsors have a lot to do with that. 

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

The story is detailed quite nicely in the documentary "The Founders" on Amazon Prime.  If memory serves, Sam Snead was bitching about the event in the parking lot afterward.  Said something to Louis Suggs.  Suggs deadpanned, "I don't know what your bitching about Sam, you weren't even second!"

It's a great documentary for anyone interested.  

https://www.amazon.com/Founders-Bella-Lotz/dp/B0713R1W72/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=The+Founders&qid=1596463667&sr=8-4 

9 minutes ago, Titleist87 said:

And there is still quite the disparity between paychecks so nothing has changed. I get that sponsors have a lot to do with that. 

The PGA Tour wholly subsidizes the Champions Tour.  Which is virtually unwatchable.  A large portion of that money should go to subsidizing the LPGA and Korn Ferry rather than a bunch of senior citizens who have already won millions so they can play for more millions. 

But that's a discussion for another day.  I thoroughly enjoyed the little bit of the Drive-On at Inverness we got to see on TV.  I chose to watch it over the Swamp-Ass at TPC Initech. 

In the Harvey Penick books, he talks about this a lot as he was instrumental in getting women's pro golf off the ground. And how unfairly the women were treated even back then. It's something like 12 of the first 14 women in the golf HoF were his pupils.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star