Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TS3 Hybrid Feedback anyone?

GolfSpy AFG

Short version:  I just got fit into a 21 degree TS3 hybrid and I'm curious if anyone has any feedback on the club, how it is out of the rough, any perceived biases, etc.

Longer version:  I went in to a fitting yesterday looking to fix some gapping at the top end.  My 3 wood is a Tour Edge CBX 119 that goes about 245-250 off the deck.  My Tour Edge CBX 119 hybrid is about a 235-240 club.  Next club in the bag is 4 iron, that is good for 205.  I am comfortable scrubbing distance off a club, usually by choking down, but a 30-yard disparity from hybrid to 4i is too much. 

The hybrid is an 18 degree, and at the end of the day it's just too long, not only because of the gap to the iron but also how close it is to the 3 wood.  However, I'm kind of hybrid snobbish and want a smaller compact head and no left bias.  Enter the 21 degree TS3, which I hit quite well in the fitting...consistently 220-225. And, (while a custom build) it is available with the same Evenflow Blue that I love from the Tour Edge clubs.  And, it's highly adjustable, which is a big plus for really dialing in the distance and flight I'm after. 

Didn't pull the trigger and buy it at the fitting, but very likely to do it in the next couple of days. However, it does make me a little nervous in that this was all in a bay, and assuming a halfway decent lie I'm prone to hitting a hybrid from the rough if it means getting on a par 5 in two.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

• 2 months later...

I use a TS3 23 degree as a 3/4 iron replacement. I find that you can hit it out of pretty much anything; fairway, fairway bunker or rough. I also use it off a tee on shorter (345-360 yard) par 4s.

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 15 / 18.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3H 20° (set for 22)

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T