TESTERS WANTED! ×

The PGA Championship?? 2020 version

Shankster

PostScript. 

I think the game of golf is in a great place right now.  i'm not going to proclaim Morikawa, Wolff, Hovalnd, Scheffler, JT, Bryson, Rahm or any of the other young guys are going to win 5 Majors.  But I do think we are going to see all of them regularly on the leader boards of the majors for several years to come.   It should provide a lot more thrilling majors and probably constant change at the No. 1 spot in the world rankings. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

He said in an interview last night, it was a definite miss.   He didn't' want to go anywhere near the flag, and said that's why you aim 15 to 20 feet right of it in those situations.   But it worked out ok for him

It is part of a normal dispersion pattern for a golfer. We miss long, short, right, and in this case left. You could hear the discussion with his caddie and his target was basically middle of the green.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is part of a normal dispersion pattern for a golfer. We miss long, short, right, and in this case left. You could hear the discussion with his caddie and his target was basically middle of the green.

Yeah, something like this. 

JJ:  See that Flag?

Collin: Yeah

JJ:  NO YOU DON"T!  You see that tower behind the middle of the green!  That's what you see!

HA

10 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Morikawa is up to #5 in the OWGR. Jon Rahm has retaken the #1 spot.

Morikawa is #5 with the divisor working against him in a big way.  OWGR uses 40 events as its divisor so his total points are divided by 40 rather than the 28 events he has actually played as a professional. 

If the divisor were 28, Morikawa would be #1 by slightly less than 2 full points.  300.52 points / 28 events rather than the 40 OWGR requires would be 10.73.  Rahm is at 8.78.  

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

From an article on ESPN.com.... Apparently, from Koepka’s mouth, he and DJ aren’t as tight as folks think. That dig Saturday night was personal, and I am SOOOOOOOO glad Koepka was humbled Sunday.

Interesting stat: 78 players played Sunday. Koepka’s score only beat one of them... So awesome.

8960B5B6-F126-49AD-9FD3-19854E08BF1F.jpeg

Was the jab saying he's not close to anyone on tour, or something else? I feel like I'm missing something haha

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

44 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

He said in an interview last night, it was a definite miss.   He didn't' want to go anywhere near the flag, and said that's why you aim 15 to 20 feet right of it in those situations.   But it worked out ok for him 🙂

He's one of Scott Fawcett's Decade pupils, and this was a pure Decade miss that worked out well that missed on the edge of his dispersion pattern. 

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

IMO, this was one of the best PGAs in recent years.  The leaderboard was stacked on the final round and really stay that way until the last few holes.  I was kind of hoping that we would have a 5-way playoff buy Morikawa deserved every bit of that win.  He was clutch coming down the stretch and hit the shots that he needed to hit.  While others were crumbling, he stayed cool, confident and in control.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Brooks was asked after round 3 how he felt his chances were and he took a jab at DJ saying he's only got 1 major so Brooks likes his chances going into Sunday.

McIlroy, who Brooks has fired some shots at in the past, was asked about it after the final round and basically said what we all thought of the comments.

The surprise there in that interview is him saying he's not close with anybody including DJ who he shares a swing coach and trainer with and appeared to have a good relationship with, even after the supposed Ryder Cup public argument.

Was the jab saying he's not close to anyone on tour, or something else? I feel like I'm missing something haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Scott Fawcett's reaction to that shot on Twitter as it happened was pretty fantastic. He never name drops so I had no idea Morikawa was actually someone he works with but that is cool to know. He's got to be feeling pretty vindicated following that then, especially with the recent Twitter spat with Brad Faxon.

He's one of Scott Fawcett's Decade pupils, and this was a pure Decade miss that worked out well that missed on the edge of his dispersion pattern. 

5 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Brooks was asked after round 3 how he felt his chances were and he took a jab at DJ saying he's only got 1 major so Brooks likes his chances going into Sunday.

McIlroy, who Brooks has fired some shots at in the past, was asked about it after the final round and basically said what we all thought of the comments.

The surprise there in that interview is him saying he's not close with anybody including DJ who he shares a swing coach and trainer with and appeared to have a good relationship with, even after the supposed Ryder Cup public argument.

Ah got it, thanks for clarifying for me

Right Handed

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

WITB thread here

I think it's long past time Koepka comes to terms with the fact that he's a professional golfer. If he want to play baseball so bad, he can go do it. I'm sure a few teams would give him a tryout. Otherwise, he needs to deal with the fact that he's a professional golfer, and a pretty good one at that. It's getting really tiring seeing him disrespect everyone on Tour and golf on the whole with those kinds of comments.

It's not just the DJ comment this week either. He, along with many others, have been throwing potshots at Bryson constantly since the restart. I'm getting tired of it.

From an article on ESPN.com.... Apparently, from Koepka’s mouth, he and DJ aren’t as tight as folks think. That dig Saturday night was personal, and I am SOOOOOOOO glad Koepka was humbled Sunday.
Interesting stat: 78 players played Sunday. Koepka’s score only beat one of them... So awesome.
8960B5B6-F126-49AD-9FD3-19854E08BF1F.jpeg.178b43d94f5f218f15aad597babec7df.jpeg

After seeing Berger’s interview, and Koepka just now putting, I think the shoe manufacturers, Adidas, Nike, UA, make the ugliest professional golf clothing. Yuck. I don’t mind the Nike jackets, pullovers, etc, it’s the shirts, pants, shoes, etc.
It would help if they made clothes in colors other than blue, gray, black, or white. It doesn't seem like there's much color out there on tour. Minus Ricky and whatever was going on with Matt Wolff's shoes.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Koepkas interview Saturday was weird. At 1st I thought he was just messen w DJ and then realizing he was serious. Some guys don’t know when to be quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Brooks has fully accepted his role as a heel in the PGA. I think Karma bit him hard. I would not be surprised if he does not win this year or next. I have been saying since the end of last year he was due for a slide. Which is too bad, I enjoy watching him play. I just think he has become an arrogant jerk very quickly.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Okay, just watched the interview and personally feel like it's getting a bit blown out of proportion myself. Do I like Brooks so maybe that clouds how I perceived his comments? 100% admit I am probably biased. Do others (possibly some media folks too) maybe already have some disdain for him and are more likely to see that as inappropriate/disrespectful? Could totally see that too.

I don't know though. Amanda Balionis (who's been doing a great job of asking the players good questions and not shying away from subjects like this) simply asked what he needed to do the next day to make it 3 straight, and what his thoughts are with the guys around the top of the leaderboard. Feels to me like his response (direct quote from BK: "Just play solid golf, just do what I've been doing, I feel like I'm right there") and saying that he's bringing more experience than the other guys at closing a tournament, I'm not really sure how that point could be argued. I mean he's got more majors (4) than the rest of the top of Thursday's leaderboard combined (Rose 1, Day 1, DJ 1, unless I'm missing someone).

I dunno, I guess it feels a little more to me like he doesn't skirt around interviews and give fluffy & empty answers like a lot of the other guys do, and I have no problems with that. But hey, I fully recognize that's just my opinion and don't blame people for having different ones! And carding 4 over on a day you thought you'd be carrying the trophy isn't going to do anything to silence critics lol

Right Handed

WITB thread here

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

It would help if they made clothes in colors other than blue, gray, black, or white. It doesn't seem like there's much color out there on tour. Minus Ricky and whatever was going on with Matt Wolff's shoes.

Take Dead Aim

Amen on the colors Nike, UA, Adidas have. Look at Justin Thomas: Ralph Lauren. He’s wearing pink, purple, etc. I swear that Spieth only ever wears gray pants!!!! Boring colors, cheap materials, etc. Yuck

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Amen. I swear that Spieth only ever wears gray pants!!!! Boring colors, cheap materials, etc. Yuck
I wear a ton of colors on the course. At the local spy meet up I wore a bright purple shirt with yellow hat and shoes.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

PostScript. 

I think the game of golf is in a great place right now.  i'm not going to proclaim Morikawa, Wolff, Hovalnd, Scheffler, JT, Bryson, Rahm or any of the other young guys are going to win 5 Majors.  But I do think we are going to see all of them regularly on the leader boards of the majors for several years to come.   It should provide a lot more thrilling majors and probably constant change at the No. 1 spot in the world rankings. 

Certainly! This PGA was a thrill to watch. You'll always have your villains and your heroes, but with the new wave of youngsters coming up, and with most of them being very likable, people will be satisfied no matter who the winner turns out to be. Let's hope they keep it up!

Also, let's not forget... people evolve and so do their characters. 10 years ago, I would root for Rickie and hate on Rory. Now, I find it so easy to root for Rory... the kid has matured and is now humbler than when he started on the tour.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

25 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Certainly! This PGA was a thrill to watch. You'll always have your villains and your heroes, but with the new wave of youngsters coming up, and with most of them being very likable, people will be satisfied no matter who the winner turns out to be. Let's hope they keep it up!

Also, let's not forget... people evolve and so do their characters. 10 years ago, I would root for Rickie and hate on Rory. Now, I find it so easy to root for Rory... the kid has matured and is now humbler than when he started on the tour.

Good call on Rory, all though I have liked him from the start. But how impressive was it on Friday I think where the volunteer stepped on his ball and he replaced it in front of the official and the official called it good, and Rory said, no it was deeper than that when I first saw it.  And replaced it in a bit deeper lie.    Not every one would have done that when given the OK by the official.

23 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good call on Rory, all though I have liked him from the start. But how impressive was it on Friday I think where the volunteer stepped on his ball and he replaced it in front of the official and the official called it good, and Rory said, no it was deeper than that when I first saw it.  And replaced it in a bit deeper lie.    Not every one would have done that when given the OK by the official.

Wow I didn't catch that. Classy move by Rory.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

That was a great final round..I was hoping for a 4-6 way aggregate playoff but Morikawa changed all that with one swing of the driver.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Maybe he should go get fit for clubs.  I hear that Club Champion is the place to go.  🤣

YESS!!! lol Well Played! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I kind of had to laugh at Morikawa after he won, when he was sitting down with his girlfriend and looked so awkward.  I imagined he was thinking, "Im just trying to talk to my girlfriend and call my parents, could these cameras maybe get out of my face for a while?"

Nope, sorry kid, youre a major champion now, get used to it.

It was just such a great win for him and you could tell he got kind of overwelmed with the moment.  From when he tried to hug his gf and she was like, "woah, social distancing, buddy!" and wouldn't hug him, to when he dropped the lid of the Wanamaker Trophy; it was all just someone who has no idea yet how his life just changed.  I think its wonderful and I don't think this will be the last major that he wins.  Once he starts believing in his bones that he can be one of the best players in the world and can beat anyone on any given day, the sky is the limit for him.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

It's more that DJ has won 21 times on Tour, and has won every single year he's been on Tour. He's got 3 times the wins Brooks has. Yeah, Brooks has 4 times the majors, but DJ has won plenty of big tournaments with quality fields but aren't considered majors. The guy can win big tournaments. He's just not pulled it off at the majors consistently, but he's a hall of fame player regardless.

Here's McIlroy's thoughts on it.

"I was watching the golf last night and heard the interview and was just sort of taken aback a little bit by sort of what he said and whether he was trying to play mind games or not.

"I mean, sort of hard to knock a guy who's got 21 wins on the PGA Tour, which is three times what Brooks has.''

Okay, just watched the interview and personally feel like it's getting a bit blown out of proportion myself. Do I like Brooks so maybe that clouds how I perceived his comments? 100% admit I am probably biased. Do others (possibly some media folks too) maybe already have some disdain for him and are more likely to see that as inappropriate/disrespectful? Could totally see that too.
I don't know though. Amanda Balionis (who's been doing a great job of asking the players good questions and not shying away from subjects like this) simply asked what he needed to do the next day to make it 3 straight, and what his thoughts are with the guys around the top of the leaderboard. Feels to me like his response (direct quote from BK: "Just play solid golf, just do what I've been doing, I feel like I'm right there") and saying that he's bringing more experience than the other guys at closing a tournament, I'm not really sure how that point could be argued. I mean he's got more majors (4) than the rest of the top of Thursday's leaderboard combined (Rose 1, Day 1, DJ 1, unless I'm missing someone).
I dunno, I guess it feels a little more to me like he doesn't skirt around interviews and give fluffy & empty answers like a lot of the other guys do, and I have no problems with that. But hey, I fully recognize that's just my opinion and don't blame people for having different ones! And carding 4 over on a day you thought you'd be carrying the trophy isn't going to do anything to silence critics lol

Rory is such a great ambassador for golf. I've been a fan of his for years and his stock just keeps rising for me.

PostScript. 

I’m in full agreement with this statement plus golf is getting lots of pub right now as it’s being played pretty much COVID free.

I actually know a number of young people who have taken up golf during COVID including some couples and entire families.

That’s pretty cool to see

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

5 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

It's more that DJ has won 21 times on Tour, and has won every single year he's been on Tour. He's got 3 times the wins Brooks has. Yeah, Brooks has 4 times the majors, but DJ has won plenty of big tournaments with quality fields but aren't considered majors. The guy can win big tournaments. He's just not pulled it off at the majors consistently, but he's a hall of fame player regardless.

Here's McIlroy's thoughts on it.

"I was watching the golf last night and heard the interview and was just sort of taken aback a little bit by sort of what he said and whether he was trying to play mind games or not.

"I mean, sort of hard to knock a guy who's got 21 wins on the PGA Tour, which is three times what Brooks has.''

Yeah, I don't disagree that DJ is a phenomenal player at all, he's no doubt one of the most talented of this generation. But Brooks wasn't wrong that he's only won 1 major, and I believe he's now 0/4 in majors when he's got the 54 hole lead. I think it's fair to wonder if it's a coincidence or a trend.

And back to the original question he was asked, I still don't think he was wrong at all. He said he needed to go out and play solid golf, and that he's bringing a lot of experience to the table (experience that ended with a good chunk of wins). He never said DJ or any of the other guys at the top were terrible golfers, just made the point that there's no one he needs to be intimidated by. That just feels like a fair point to me, one he has earned the right to say. 

Right Handed

WITB thread here

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m in full agreement with this statement plus golf is getting lots of pub right now as it’s being played pretty much COVID free.

I actually know a number of young people who have taken up golf during COVID including some couples and entire families.

That’s pretty cool to see

That's awesome, I really hope there's a good chunk of new players that keep up with golfing post-covid too!

Right Handed

WITB thread here

6 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

YESS!!! lol Well Played! 

I actually have taken lessons from Mark Russo that started that Twitter back and forth with CC but got so intense that even the CC Founder jumped in.  

Here's my issue with it. Brooks could have easily said the same thing without bringing up any player in particular, let alone DJ who's had a more successful career than Brooks and is/was supposedly the closest person on Tour to Brooks.

The problem is when Brooks says their friendship is blown out of proportion and then singles him out. I know he was leading and the guy Brooks was chasing but it just comes across the wrong way, no matter how true it is that Brooks has 4 majors to DJ's 1.

I don't have an issue with Brooks being outspoken. I genuinely like that he's taking Brandel Chamblee to task for his hyperbolic takes. But then, on the other hand, he's basically bullying Bryson constantly when all Bryson's done to him is play the game on the slower side.

Yeah, I don't disagree that DJ is a phenomenal player at all, he's no doubt one of the most talented of this generation. But Brooks wasn't wrong that he's only won 1 major, and I believe he's now 0/4 in majors when he's got the 54 hole lead. I think it's fair to wonder if it's a coincidence or a trend.
And back to the original question he was asked, I still don't think he was wrong at all. He said he needed to go out and play solid golf, and that he's bringing a lot of experience to the table (experience that ended with a good chunk of wins). He never said DJ or any of the other guys at the top were terrible golfers, just made the point that there's no one he needs to be intimidated by. That just feels like a fair point to me, one he has earned the right to say.