Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does size matter? WITB

What started of as an experiment with a hybrid turned into a full on conversion of my golf bag.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Tour Length 9 degree with vents blue 6s shaft

Hybrids: Cobra Speedzone One Length 3, 4, & 5 with recoil esx 480 stiff shafts

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec One Length 6-GW with recoil 110 stiff shafts

Wedges: Cobra MIM One Black 56 degree (bent to 55) and 60 degree with recoil 110 stiff shafts (want to switch them out for recoil wedge protos)

Putter:  Taylormade Spider X copper.  (Thinking about switching back to a blade putter)

My One Lengths.jpg

Interesting set-up. I love the conventional ForgedTec's and suspect the one-lengths are just as solid.  Got to hit the one length hybrids a while back and was pleasantly surprised.

Are you conventional length in the 56* and 60* wedges or same as the rest of the irons?

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

Can I ask how you decided on the shafts for your one length irons?  Those aren’t stock for the forged tech ones...  I ask because I also play one length - and every time I talk to someone like at a Golf Galaxy or Austads (those are my only choices nearby) they look at me like I’ve grown a third eye...

ive got the Forged Tec Bllack.  I’ve thought about putting graphite shafts in the 5, 6 irons - trying to get just a touch more distance to improve my gaping.  I’ve thought about taking the graphite Atmos shafts from a couple F9 one lengths I found in the bargain bin...  just curious how you decided on those. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, BDuff88 said:

What started of as an experiment with a hybrid turned into a full on conversion of my golf bag.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Tour Length 9 degree with vents blue 6s shaft

Hybrids: Cobra Speedzone One Length 3, 4, & 5 with recoil esx 480 stiff shafts

Irons: Cobra Forged Tec One Length 6-GW with recoil 110 stiff shafts

Wedges: Cobra MIM One Black 56 degree (bent to 55) and 60 degree with recoil 110 stiff shafts (want to switch them out for recoil wedge protos)

Putter:  Taylormade Spider X copper.  (Thinking about switching back to a blade putter)

My One Lengths.jpg

I hit a friend's one length hybrids = impressed. 

Very cool

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg