Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Green reading books....Who are using these??

I am always trying to find a way to improve my putting. I am interested in green reading books from Golflogix and Strackaline. Anyone have any experience with these? Just looking at the product online it seems the Strackaline has more info. The golflogix seem a little simple. 

I am not so interested in the apps. I dont like to carry my phone onto the green when putting. Feels weird. 

Really want it for my trip to Pine Needles and Mid Pines this fall. Those Donald Ross greens are tricky. My home course, Hendersonville CC, is also a DR design but the greens are not as penal as the ones PN and MP.

Thanks everyone

2 hours ago, Fugatec said:

I am always trying to find a way to improve my putting. I am interested in green reading books from Golflogix and Strackaline. Anyone have any experience with these? Just looking at the product online it seems the Strackaline has more info. The golflogix seem a little simple. 

I am not so interested in the apps. I dont like to carry my phone onto the green when putting. Feels weird. 

Really want it for my trip to Pine Needles and Mid Pines this fall. Those Donald Ross greens are tricky. My home course, Hendersonville CC, is also a DR design but the greens are not as penal as the ones PN and MP.

Thanks everyone

I've never used a book like that, but I believe they could be helpful.  But I think there are also some drawbacks.  First, you need to locate the cup and your ball position pretty accurately on the map.  But more important, what do you do with the information you get from the map?  You determine that its a 2% slope, running 30* right to left and away form you.  Where do you aim?  Yeah, somewhere to the right, but how far?  

This type of data and analysis is the basis of the Aimpoint and Aimpoint Express systems, and I recommend you try to find a clinic to learn Aimpoint Express.  You'll learn not only how to collect the required data, using your own sense of balance, but you'll learn how to use that data to determine where to aim.  Clinics aren't inexpensive, but the Straka books are something like $50 apiece.  So for the price of 3 or 4 books, covering 3 or 4 courses, you can learn the skills to read  every single course you will ever play.

And yes, the greens at those two courses can be a bit confusing at times.   

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 5 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 11:50 AM, Fugatec said:

I went there while I was writing my dissertation for https://edubirdie.com/buy-an-essay-online an online student resource. So very peaceful to read and study.
Thanks everyone

I completely agree! me too

Edited by darel aranovski

I am not sure I Putt well enough to need Green Books. I am certain I can’t afford them 😂

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

I'd love to see one just for fun, but it's not worth $40 for me to buy one. And amateurs don't need to play any slower, they'd undoubtedly do so if they relied on green books. Some touring pros take forever reading greens thanks to green books, but at least they have the excuse of playing for their livelihoods...

I suspect my playing partners wouldn't appreciate it either as it could provide an unfair advantage, and again slow play. Pissing off my golf buds isn't worth it.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

• 1 year later...

The government of Romania has implemented long-term incentive programs to develop its tech sector. These include tax breaks for R&D and other incentives for investing in the tech industry. This allows foreign organizations to invest in the local IT infrastructure.

The country's how to hire developers for a startup is also stable and conducive to innovation. According to analysts, Romania's IT services market is expected to grow by 15% annually through 2021.

A growing number of global IT giants have invested in the country's IT infrastructure. Some of the leading companies include Google, Oracle, and Huawei.

Romania's cost-competitiveness attracts multinational businesses. The presence of these companies helps in attracting top-class talent.

The country has also seen a large increase in the number of startup companies. In total, over 60 rounds of startup investment have been recorded.

Edited by billyroberts

On 8/4/2020 at 4:50 AM, Fugatec said:

Thanks everyone

I have the Strackaline book for my course. It seems to be very accurate and helpful. The only drawback is it takes sometime once you are on the green to find where you are compared to the diagram for that hole. It can hold up the entire group on the green.

I use it more if I am out playing by myself and can take my time.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I bought two different Golf Logix green books once.  The greens’ part was helpful on the course as we had never played them.  The yardage book part was useless on 4-5 holes of each course though.  Those holes had dog legs, bends or wide waste/bunker areas.  My youngest son plays D1 golf and they use Strackaline.  Those are nice.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.