Wilson Harmonized Chipper

Hey folks update on the chipper. It's going to be a permanent fixture in my bag.  I've had enough playing time with it to feel very comfortable with  gaming it on several different distances.   The thing just flat out works for me.  I installed a jumbo grip on it and it's soooooooo comfortable and ingrains confidence in my greenside game.   I will try to shoot a brief video today prior to teeing off showing the technique that works great for me.

• Like 7

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

• 2 months later...

Brought out a relic from the 70's/80's a MacGregor Nicklaus chipper. It's almost blade like so it's hard to tell whether I have an iron or chipper. An old and now new secret weapon. 

After a bout of the yips, I have no problem using and enjoying this thing. It's really useful just off the green an area that I always had a problem with.

I must have put this away in my 20's as I was getting sh*t from my buddies. 

Edited by NC Golfer
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I picked up a Doug Sanders 35-degree chipper a while ago in a set of clubs I bought just to get the bag. Decided to play around with it in February and the darn thing was way more consistent for me from 100 yards and in. So unless I have a greenside trap to go over I play the chipper. Also works pretty good out of the traps now as they don't get raked by the grounds crew during Covid. 

Pete

• 1 month later...

Putting my Wilson back in play today as it's a good little tool for those matted down butt headed lies you get during the winter months.  My chipping always goes south and I mean pass Georgia during the dormant months...   

• Like 1

Ping

Played in  a little scramble yesterday and we were short right about 30 yards on a par five. After everyone else misfired I took my little Wilson birdie grabber and punched the ball up to a foot of the hole. Booyah! 💣

Ping

1 hour ago, ole gray said:

Played in  a little scramble yesterday and we were short right about 30 yards on a par five. After everyone else misfired I took my little Wilson birdie grabber and punched the ball up to a foot of the hole. Booyah! 💣

I'm glad you bumped this thread.  I was just wondering the other day what happened to you and the "pocket picker."  Now I know it got replaced and I don't have to wonder any more.

However, I do have to wonder if I should put my Mitsushiba chipper in the bag and try it out of the sand...

• Like 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

1 hour ago, 00sportsman said:

I'm glad you bumped this thread.  I was just wondering the other day what happened to you and the "pocket picker."  Now I know it got replaced and I don't have to wonder any more.

However, I do have to wonder if I should put my Mitsushiba chipper in the bag and try it out of the sand...

I still have my pocket picker however it works better for me when the grass is green. It has the 45 degree loft and does a great job of pitches needing elevation. The Wilson's loft is like an eight iron and works great on the dormant, muddy, and yucky lies we get during the winter months.  

• Like 1

Ping