TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Berg Ryman

1 hour ago, newballcoach said:

Guys I had a general fantasy football question.

Since we aren't having a football team at my high school this year, I wanted to find an easy way to keep the kids engaged and thought fantasy might be good. However, running a league with dozens of kids means having a regular draft where you own players is impossible.

I was hoping to do a daily fantasy style league, but where the results carry over weekly. So every week you can make a new team and it would carry on throughout the season. Anybody have any idea a website that runs something like that? There is lots of daily fantasy and lots of dynasty fantasy, but not a combo of both. Thanks for the help!

Fan duel has a friends league that can go anywhere from 3 days to season long. Not sure exact details though. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

16 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Fan duel has a friends league that can go anywhere from 3 days to season long. Not sure exact details though. 

Thanks. I will check it out. Obviously trying to avoid the gambling aspect, and having to be legal age to setup accounts (because my students are not). Hopefully this works. Thank you again.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

4 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Since we aren't having a football team at my high school this year, I wanted to find an easy way to keep the kids engaged and thought fantasy might be good. However, running a league with dozens of kids means having a regular draft where you own players is impossible.

I was hoping to do a daily fantasy style league, but where the results carry over weekly. So every week you can make a new team and it would carry on throughout the season. Anybody have any idea a website that runs something like that? There is lots of daily fantasy and lots of dynasty fantasy, but not a combo of both. Thanks for the help!

Paging @yungkory 

Kory has talked about doing this for his friends league. Maybe he can expand on how they make it work. 

Also, MFL offers this as an option but they only offer paid leagues. I think it’s like $50 for a more modest sized league. We talked about doing DFL for this league but opted for the traditional style. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

22 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Like @GolfSpy STUDque mentioned, I've been running a DFS style league for 4 seasons now. Depending how large of a league you run, and how you want it scored, there is a little bit of work involved. Sorry I'm kinda thread-jacking the main FF thread with this info but I don't want to make an entire thread just for the one person who is actually interested in it, LOL!

So, like a lot of people, we kept getting disappointed when our first-round picks were going down with season-ending injuries. At the time, DFS was kinda new still and we are gambling degenerates so we were all testing the waters on Fanduel and Draftkings. Long story short, we all ended up loving it and thought, "could this work in a season-long format?" At that time, there were no such things as leagues in Draftkings, or on Fanduel (I don't even know if they do have it). They had private games you could create, but it wasn't easy to get everyone into the same tournaments, so my DFS league initially launched on Yahoo. The crappy thing about Yahoo was that you get $100 to draft your team, and the good guys like AB were literally $50 eventually -- half of your salary. It was silly, DK will usually max out around 25%, which means you can actually get a stud player like CMC when he's breaking off multiple 100/100 games in a row, if you can find some duds/value guys at your other spots. Once DK introduced leagues, we ended up switching over because they have a flex position instead of a kicker, and because their player salaries made sense, your lineups were much more fun.

League style on Draftkings is basically the standard DFS tournament format: everyone will enter, one will win. You can create recurring games, and everyone in your league can draft in them. This is cool, but we wanted something that would keep us occupied for the whole season, and thus my Google Sheet (Excel) was born. Yep, I keep everything manually. I'm sure I could write a script to parse the CSV that DK will generate, and have it automatically match names to scores and inject it into my sheet, but we only have 14 people so it's not too bad to do manually. Everyone is responsible for making sure I input their score correctly.

Everyone at work likes the format, it's a lot more work and a lot more exciting IMO. Every year we have some close calls between the money payouts, often times less than a full point. If you have any questions, or anyone else does, just let me know and I'll answer them here (if that's cool with everyone else) or we can take it to PMs to avoid spamming the main thread. I. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. THURSDAY.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Excited to draft tonight!  I just took a look in the draft room for a mock draft and It's simple enough to follow if not the most good looking UI.

I am NOT liking my pick though.... going to be an interesting draft position.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I play in a keeper league and was thinking that my roster was looking good - I won the league three years ago and finished second the year before that - it's taken me two down years to rebuild my squad and I thought - yes!!!! I have a very solid RB group that we look great once I had the number one pick to it - a nice core of WR just waiting for an addition with pick 16, (8 team league) Andrews is my tight end so I don't need to even think about a back up there until towards the end of the draft so I might address QB at pick 17 (remember that each team has 7 keepers so there are 56 players off the board to start) and we play 2 QBs.

And then the Bucks had to shoot a dart into my RB group by picking up Fournette when I have kept Jones - bummer, bummer, bummer!!!!! 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I play in a keeper league and was thinking that my roster was looking good - I won the league three years ago and finished second the year before that - it's taken me two down years to rebuild my squad and I thought - yes!!!! I have a very solid RB group that we look great once I had the number one pick to it - a nice core of WR just waiting for an addition with pick 16, (8 team league) Andrews is my tight end so I don't need to even think about a back up there until towards the end of the draft so I might address QB at pick 17 (remember that each team has 7 keepers so there are 56 players off the board to start) and we play 2 QBs.

And then the Bucks had to shoot a dart into my RB group by picking up Fournette when I have kept Jones - bummer, bummer, bummer!!!!! 

..and they have Shady McCoy!  Can you say RB-by-committee ??? 😆

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

44 minutes ago, revkev said:

Don't feel bad Rev, today Arians said Rojo is his starter! For now

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Kinda happy I'm in the last draft to see how some of these teams play out. 

It's one thing to mock against a simulation and a complete difference going against actual ppl who always seem to be out to get the players you want one or two picks before you are up!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 9/2/2020 at 9:41 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

In case you missed it, I sent out an invite to everyone in the league to join a Slack workspace for the league. This could help speed up communication throughout the season for trades, smack talk, General troubleshooting, etc. I also think it could really come in handy on draft day to keep everyone on the same page.

It’s 100% optional but could prove to be very useful if you join. Check your emails for an invite from me. 

I didn't get anything.

Draft check in progress...

Computer
Beer

Looks like we’re good to go.

image-2020-09-03-18:13:11-292.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

What’s PPR? 🤪

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

What’s PPR? 🤪

Points per Return so be sure to pick up those special teamers! 🤣

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

Points per Return so be sure to pick up those special teamers! 🤣

Mohamed Sanu lets get it! Is danny amendola still playing?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That’s cute. Why not try a classier drink?

I'm not drafting until Tuesday, can I still drink in solidarity? 

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That’s cute. Why not try a classier drink?

Any of this tickle your fancy?IMG_1878.jpg

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Any of this tickle your fancy?IMG_1878.jpg

Oh, hello there, now we are talking. 

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

I'm not drafting until Tuesday, can I still drink in solidarity? 

It’s just social distance drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

It’s just social distance drinking. emoji854.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best kind of drinking nowadays. 

My Reviews:

12+ year scotch is good but im more of a bourbon guy myself

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

This has been an unmitigated disaster.  I didn't get to pick my 3rd or 4th round pick and the clock is still rolling.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not interested in managing a team that I can't draft.  I'm telling you guys that the site is having issues, but that clock keeps rolling.  You guys are better off finding someone to run this team.  I'm out.

well there ain't any money on this, just some good fun. Got a 1:?60? chance of winning it all anyway. If you aint first, you're last... 

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

3 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Bummer dude. Sorry to hear. Do you have an ad/pop up blocker that is preventing you from seeing the confirmation window?

Nope.  Nothing like that.  Never had an issue before.  I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not willing to invest time into something that isn't mine and that I didn't want.  Not really a fan of the commish telling me that I'm having a bad attitude.  Good luck and have fun.  Me leaving shouldn't be an issue, as another team is auto-drafting as well.     

Looks like I may have a big trade chip in Mahomes if someone is interested! Lol

1 hour ago, JonMUSC08 said:

12+ year scotch is good but im more of a bourbon guy myself

Ditto

Check out my reviews:

WITB: