TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Berg Ryman

A game with no quarterbacks

A TE starting as a QB

A team ravaged by Covid due to a staff member not letting anyone know he was positive causing the game to be rescheduled multiple times

A crazy amount of players with first round ADPs going down with injuries

....and on and on and on.

Needless to say, this season should have the world's largest asterisk next to it - in both real life and fantasy. To those that manage to thread the needle and win it all, kudos. A lot of luck involved. 😼

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

35 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

A game with no quarterbacks

A TE starting as a QB

A team ravaged by Covid due to a staff member not letting anyone know he was positive causing the game to be rescheduled multiple times

A crazy amount of players with first round ADPs going down with injuries

....and on and on and on.

Needless to say, this season should have the world's largest asterisk next to it - in both real life and fantasy. To those that manage to thread the needle and win it all, kudos. A lot of luck involved. 😼

...and now snow is expected in Pittsburgh and the Ravens travel plans are in flux.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

1 minute ago, Steve2100 said:

Trade deadline passed already didn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yup, back in week 10 if memory serves...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Getting off the tie breaker discussion because we already have the rules in place for this year - what is going to happen with the Tuesday Night game?  I played the weekend as if it would not count for this week.  Will it count at all?  If so for which week - assuming it's played.

As an FYI I'm in complete agreement that only points really matter.  My other league is a weekly rotisserie modified keeper league.  The scoring is really funky, lots of bonuses, no minuses so a QB could throw 4 picks and totally blow the game but be a great player for you because he had to keep chucking it and threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs.  At any rate there are 8 teams, the top score gets 8 points for the week and all the way down to 1 for the bottom team.  The points accumulate and that's how standings are determined - top 4 teams make the playoffs and the playoff is two weeks, total points, winner take all.  Of course that would get crazy with 64 teams or however many we have but it's great with 8.  Any experienced FFBer has made his share of playoffs when he shouldn't have and not made it when he should have.  😞

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Getting off the tie breaker discussion because we already have the rules in place for this year - what is going to happen with the Tuesday Night game?  I played the weekend as if it would not count for this week.  Will it count at all?  If so for which week - assuming it's played.

As an FYI I'm in complete agreement that only points really matter.  My other league is a weekly rotisserie modified keeper league.  The scoring is really funky, lots of bonuses, no minuses so a QB could throw 4 picks and totally blow the game but be a great player for you because he had to keep chucking it and threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs.  At any rate there are 8 teams, the top score gets 8 points for the week and all the way down to 1 for the bottom team.  The points accumulate and that's how standings are determined - top 4 teams make the playoffs and the playoff is two weeks, total points, winner take all.  Of course that would get crazy with 64 teams or however many we have but it's great with 8.  Any experienced FFBer has made his share of playoffs when he shouldn't have and not made it when he should have. 

Bills and Titans played a Tuesday game in October and it counted like a normal Monday night game.

Pittsburgh-Baltimore will count for this week as long as it’s played tomorrow night. If they postpone it further it will have to count in a different week.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Bills and Titans played a Tuesday game in October and it counted like a normal Monday night game.

Pittsburgh-Baltimore will count for this week as long as it’s played tomorrow night. If they postpone it further it will have to count in a different week.

Thank you - it's what I figured but I just didn't want to take any chances and so sat anyone involved in that game - if however it ends up moving any further and counting for next week I may consider playing them.  I have byes for next week. 😞

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yes we are aware that Pittsburgh-Baltimore is tentatively rescheduled for Wednesday.

No, we aren't sure yet what this means.  The latest update from MFL is that they are currently in discussions.  We'll keep everyone in the loop as we find out more.  In the mean time you may want to play it safe and try to find alternatives to any Steelers or Ravens players still in your lineup.

2019922638_MFLWed.png.0c4ef25421ff0adf027b4252fc983266.png

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

Steelers - Washington being moved to Monday of next week - Wed/Mon for Steelers players - 2x points!!  LOL

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Update from MFL.  Wednesday's game will count for this week's stats as long as it stays at the current 3:40 start time.  Still doesn't sound great though since 4 additional Ravens were put on the COVID list today.

816224356_MFLWed.png.2a73c350b5176da060aac663db51597a.png

Yea that has major implications of me winning or not. Down abt 16pts in 1 game and 0.3pts in another! I've got Pit RB Benny Snell playing... Not that my record is real strong anyway but kinda bites when i'm finally starting to score a higher # of points

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Here’s the full MFL announcement:

https://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2020/site_news?CATEGORY=Commissioner News

The key takeaways are 1) Wednesday counts if it happens and 2) waivers run roughly 2 hours after the completion of that game. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Any other Kyler Murray owners getting a little nervous for his play right when we will need it most? I know his schedule isn't amazing and watching his last game it was bad, no real runs, poor throws, tipped passes and sloppy overall. If this was a real team I would be letting him rest for a week to heal up and hopefully feel better!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

21 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Here’s the full MFL announcement:

https://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2020/site_news?CATEGORY=Commissioner News

The key takeaways are 1) Wednesday counts if it happens and 2) waivers run roughly 2 hours after the completion of that game. 

I just read this, does this mean the waiver claims I just put in won't count? I'm confused on the wording of the "waiver blackout"

"In other words, there will be a waiver "blackout" from Monday night until Wednesday. Any waiver events that you have scheduled between the end of the Monday night game and the end of the Wednesday game will be postponed until after the Wednesday game is finished being processed."

Or does it just mean if your league settings is for waivers to process on Tuesday or Wednesday morning it will be delayed until Wednesday at 10 est ish?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST-180 10.5°, Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 60 X

Fairway::mizuno-small: ST-180 15°, Mitsubishi Diamana W-Series 70 X

Hybrids: :titelist-small: 913H 19° & 21°

Irons::wilson_staff_small: C300 5-GW, KBS Tour V stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12D and 58.12D 

Putter: Toulon Columbus

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

RH, 7.5 hcp from Boston, MA - PM if you ever need a 4th

5 hours ago, Collins923 said:

I just read this, does this mean the waiver claims I just put in won't count? I'm confused on the wording of the "waiver blackout"

"In other words, there will be a waiver "blackout" from Monday night until Wednesday. Any waiver events that you have scheduled between the end of the Monday night game and the end of the Wednesday game will be postponed until after the Wednesday game is finished being processed."

Or does it just mean if your league settings is for waivers to process on Tuesday or Wednesday morning it will be delayed until Wednesday at 10 est ish?

Yeah, B. If we were maniacs and scheduled waivers for Monday, it still wouldn't run until tonight.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yes! Two wins, moving my record to 8-16🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 8/19/2020 at 7:05 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Allright gang, we've got our playoff format together. Unfortunately, this can't be scored in MFL so we'll have to go manual once we get there. This is our best attempt to merge all of the needs - 3 week playoff, max teams in, rewards for a good regular season, and the ultimate Super Bowl. We'll break up the divisions once the polls are finalized.

MGSFFBracket.png

In the regular season, you'll have 2 matchups per week and face off against everyone in your conference. 13 total weeks.

A reminder for those looking a the playoffs going forward. Still lots of teams on the break of making it in with a good week next. 
As has been said above tie breakers are done by total points scored. 
Big week with both Carolina and TBB on bye!
Even if you are mathematically out you can still play spoiler! Appreciate all who have been active within the league and looking forward to seeing how the final week and playoffs shake out. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

@GB13 Last man standing in the pick em! Nice call with the Raiders... I guess I did say early just pick whoever is playing the jets.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

44 minutes ago, poprocksncoke said:

Almost went with the Raiders, figured if I did they would lose though so went with the Seahawks.

Who knew 🤦‍♂️

Just bad luck. How the Seahawks loose I just don't know. Add it to the list of crazy things to happen this season.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Looks like @Collins923 is gearing up for the playoffs -- that's our first 200+ point game (left 8 points on the bench too). Nice week!

image.png.efa24defdb27039eed1cefa99a806bb0.png

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

6 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Looks like @Collins923 is gearing up for the playoffs -- that's our first 200+ point game (left 8 points on the bench too). Nice week!

image.png.efa24defdb27039eed1cefa99a806bb0.png

Uh oh as my team is scraping for points. I am feeling a early exit unless kyler comes back to form or maybe is it too much to ask for another 50 bomb from Lockett?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Well I said I would never give up and I gave it my best run. From 2-16 to 12-16 my team will fall only a couple games from the playoffs.  Took 9 weeks and a whole bunch of trading but my team finally woke up. Unfortunately it was just a week or 2 late. Good luck to all that make the playoffs. 

Go Stud Division!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

5 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, I know what you're all thinking... where do we sit for Playoff Spots going into the final game of week 13? Well, I'm going to do my best to break it all down for you.

BUCKY DIVISION

The byes have been settled here, @Apolloshowl and @Bucky CC will get the byes to the divisional final. Also set are the 4 teams playing in our wild card shootout, with @golferKen, @poprocksncoke, TexasDVN, and @mudfish playing each other in some order.

SHOOTER DIVISION

Congrats to @ChiefMikeOfficer for locking down one of those byes. The other one comes down to tonight between @Undershooter and @russtopherb. If Undershooter beats GB13 he'll clinch the second bye via total points tiebreaker, if he takes the loss it goes to Russ. The other 3 available spots is a 4 way race between @ZJBogey2, @Tarheelvolvo, @DJ Mico, and Stroker Ace. I don't have time to dig in deep here, but one of these teams is gonna be sadly sitting out.

BERG DIVISION

Man, did @Collins923 show out this week or what? He earns one of my divisions byes as does @PA_Golfer. As for the 4 wild cards, @Rwagn4 is in for sure, I'm likely in on the tiebreaker at the very least, @revkev has the inside track on one, so it's a race for 1 among 3 teams; @Getoffmylawn, @goaliewales14, and @Josh Ross with Goalie looking like he's gonna get to the line first. 

STUD DIVISION

Finally, we get to the Stud division, and noticeable by his absence from the playoff picture is @GolfSpy STUDque, making him the only commissioner to miss the playoffs (love you brother!)

Now onto the good news, Da Bears 2100 has earned a bye, and based on this weeks results @walnutz03 is going to get that second bye over @Manimal26

But that's not all bad for Manimal, he'll go into the wildcard shootout as the highest seed, along with @B.Boston, @GolfSpy MPR, and @KurtActual. IMO the Stud division has been the most competitive near the top so anything can and should be expected here.

I’m just glad the bottom of the barrel was not discussed here 😅

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

my team was finally coming around at the end of the season...  i have 170+ points this week! (1 YTP too)

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Am I done worrying about setting my line up now then?

Yeah, but you did a hell of a job coming in late.

17 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Man, going into the playoffs getting blown out in the final week isnt a good feeling. Who would've thought that mid-season tie would give me the edge on the 3 guys chasing the 6th playoff spot?

Eh, it wouldn't have matter much Kurt, you've got total points by a mile over the people directly behind you.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)