TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Berg Ryman

Waivers processed and looks like we will have some Jalen Hurts starting! Everyone made at least 2 changes so far.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Looks like we have all tentatively set our championship lineups
       Apolloshowl      B.Boston      PAGolfer2017        Chief Mike Officer
QB  K. Murray          J. Hurts        P. Rivers                 J. Allen
RB   D. Cook            J. Robinson  D. Montgomery      N. Chubb
RB   A. Gibson         W. Gallman   J. Jacobs               A. Kamara
WR  C. Ridley           AJ. Brown    B. Aiyuk                  S. Diggs
WR  AJ. Brown         C. Ridley      T. Lockett              M. Evans
FLX T. Lockett          B. Aiyuk       M. Evans               J. Robinson
TE   A. Hooper          L. Thomas   T Kelce                  L. Thomas
K     C. Santos          G. Zuerlein    J. Tucker              T. Bass
Def  Arizona             Cleveland     Pittsburgh             Texas
PRJ   131.1                   125.8               126.5                  144.0

Looking like a very close week for all of us. Not a ton of crossover with us all having different starting QB, however double ups highlighted in Gold.

I can't give any edge to any team on QB as well who knows. All the QB's having had great games. On a per game basis it really is a toss up between Hurts, Murray and Allen all being top 3 players (counting fullish games for Hurts).

Running back I have to give the edge to Chief Mike Officer. Chubb and Kamara are studs and even though Kamara hasn't been as effective he is still RB number 3 on a per game basis. That being said I am scared of the Montgomery Jacobs duo who have good matchups this week and are stellar players. 

Wide Receiver is a tricky spot as we have a lot of crossover and Diggs being the only one as a lone standout. However he is listed as questionable, but is set to practice. Overall a bit of a wash, lots of high upside players who can go off for any team. Maybe more interesting is Diggs and Allen are the only QB/WR combo on the board which could pay off big. 

Tightend. It's Kelce.... PAGolfer2017 has the edge there without question... oh and did I mention they are playing the falcons. He could be in line for a 20 plus point performance. My only hope is they are too good and have to start running the ball from the 2nd quarter on. However its the Falcons (I sadly am a big falcons fan) so its more likely they get off to a great start and well do their thing afterwards. 

Kickers- All in interesting matchups. Again CMO going big with Buffalo having 3 players riding on that one offence. I picked up Santos hoping the Chicago keeps their offence up and dropped Blankenship as Pittsburgh Indy I think may be a lower scoring game... maybe?

Defence- Cleveland and Houston are bottom half Defences per week basis however they both have great matchups VS NYJ and Cincy. Teams coming off wins surprisingly, but are bottom of the league in terms of offensive rating and therefore should be in for some turnovers. Risk is higher, but reward is also much greater too! Pitt has been the #1 Defence all season, but is playing a Indy team that has looked good. PAGolfer2017 playing both sides having Rivers start, so good scores mean fewer scores either way. Arizona has been middle tier and I've been streaming defences all year so hope they have a better performance and honestly just hoping for no negative points, playing a SF team that is unsure of a QB I can hope for the best. 

Sorry for the long post, but this is a fascinating week and there is no way to predict any of it, really could go any which way. I don't quite trust the PRJ scoring as they have a few that are really low and high for several players (see ahmed and A. Brown). These are just the lineups as of Wednesday and I am sure we will all be doing some more digging to try and survive this battle. I also have a feeling we will see a few changes to a few lineups leading up to the weekend games. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas this year is clarity on my RB's injury/COVID designations by Friday AM for the upcoming Fantasy Football Super Bowl.  Without this clear and concise information from the heavily guarded NFL team's medical staffs I am not sure I am going to know if I should be playing guys on Saturday or holding out in hopes of others playing on Sunday.

Sincerely yours,

Bryan

P.S. I promise I won't eat all your cookies this year.  Maybe.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Looking like a very close week for all of us. Not a ton of crossover with us all having different starting QB, however double ups highlighted in Gold.

I can't give any edge to any team on QB as well who knows. All the QB's having had great games. On a per game basis it really is a toss up between Hurts, Murray and Allen all being top 3 players (counting fullish games for Hurts).

Running back I have to give the edge to Chief Mike Officer. Chubb and Kamara are studs and even though Kamara hasn't been as effective he is still RB number 3 on a per game basis. That being said I am scared of the Montgomery Jacobs duo who have good matchups this week and are stellar players. 

Wide Receiver is a tricky spot as we have a lot of crossover and Diggs being the only one as a lone standout. However he is listed as questionable, but is set to practice. Overall a bit of a wash, lots of high upside players who can go off for any team. Maybe more interesting is Diggs and Allen are the only QB/WR combo on the board which could pay off big. 

Tightend. It's Kelce.... PAGolfer2017 has the edge there without question... oh and did I mention they are playing the falcons. He could be in line for a 20 plus point performance. My only hope is they are too good and have to start running the ball from the 2nd quarter on. However its the Falcons (I sadly am a big falcons fan) so its more likely they get off to a great start and well do their thing afterwards. 

Kickers- All in interesting matchups. Again CMO going big with Buffalo having 3 players riding on that one offence. I picked up Santos hoping the Chicago keeps their offence up and dropped Blankenship as Pittsburgh Indy I think may be a lower scoring game... maybe?

Defence- Cleveland and Houston are bottom half Defences per week basis however they both have great matchups VS NYJ and Cincy. Teams coming off wins surprisingly, but are bottom of the league in terms of offensive rating and therefore should be in for some turnovers. Risk is higher, but reward is also much greater too! Pitt has been the #1 Defence all season, but is playing a Indy team that has looked good. PAGolfer2017 playing both sides having Rivers start, so good scores mean fewer scores either way. Arizona has been middle tier and I've been streaming defences all year so hope they have a better performance and honestly just hoping for no negative points, playing a SF team that is unsure of a QB I can hope for the best. 

Sorry for the long post, but this is a fascinating week and there is no way to predict any of it, really could go any which way. I don't quite trust the PRJ scoring as they have a few that are really low and high for several players (see ahmed and A. Brown). These are just the lineups as of Wednesday and I am sure we will all be doing some more digging to try and survive this battle. I also have a feeling we will see a few changes to a few lineups leading up to the weekend games. 

Well, provided there is no new injuries all I can say with certainty is that my WR's are set... 😂

Outside of that I'll be overthinking things from now until someone get's locked out! 😬

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Well, provided there is no new injuries all I can say with certainty is that my WR's are set... 😂

Outside of that I'll be overthinking things from now until someone get's locked out! 😬

I think we all are awaiting some injury clarification. Me with Gibson, others with Diggs and Robinson. I only have 3 WR so that is staying as I've been riding them all season for better or for worse. Lockett is troubling, so so much potential yet has a low floor. I can't not play him, but I don't feel comfortable with it. My only hope is that DK gets locked up by Ramsey which leaves Lockett for another 20 targets during his 50 pt performance. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

I think we all are awaiting some injury clarification. Me with Gibson, others with Diggs and Robinson. I only have 3 WR so that is staying as I've been riding them all season for better or for worse. Lockett is troubling, so so much potential yet has a low floor. I can't not play him, but I don't feel comfortable with it. My only hope is that DK gets locked up by Ramsey which leaves Lockett for another 20 targets during his 50 pt performance. 

My life would be easier if Zeke just gets downgraded to out. But even then the guys Ive been riding all year are dealing with potential injuries as well. 

I’ll echo others where I’m stuck between a few options. Have a hard time starting Rivers while playing my defense. But ironically may end up sitting both of them. Steelers d has played well but their offense puts them in so many bad positions. But if I add Hurts in that ends up being a wash with one other team.

May roll with cardinals. Decisions decisions....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

On 12/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, Apolloshowl said:

I've been riding the Bills most of the year - hasn't bucked me yet, so gotta keep riding. I'm 100% expecting to get hit with the "shouldn't bet on your favorite team" curse this week... But It's exciting that they're in contention (feels like I'm a kid again), and it helps me avoid being "that Fantasy guy" (cheering for specific players on teams that make no difference to me). 

Diggs was tagged healthy, so this is most likely my final roster. Love the analysis - thanks for throwing that together. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Well [mention]ChiefMikeOfficer [/mention] thanks for taking the stress out of the weekend for us.

Can you bench three players to make it fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess i have to hope Gibson goes off and actually plays. Does take a lot of the stress off!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Alvin Kamara my goodness.....

You know....if the three of us take the highest point total from each position and combine them.....I’m thinking we MIGHT have a chance.....

I mean we could technically split a golden ticket... MGS would benefit too with the two extra testers!

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Well [mention]ChiefMikeOfficer [/mention] thanks for taking the stress out of the weekend for us. emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.png

Can you bench three players to make it fair? emoji23.png

image.png.251bed263f5f594eceffa57bbae44a07.png

Debated coming on here 3 minutes into the game to say something like "good start to championship week eh? 👀". The first couple drives made me think we'd have an Alvin-Dalvin shootout. 

Plenty of time left in the weekend, so let's not call it yet. My other top guys are still sketchy this week, and doing some quick math, I'm still seeing a possibility that I don't get to 150 pts. So I'll still be watching anxiously. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

I just looked at “live scoring”... Kamara with SIXTY points.... Good gracious!!!! Well, good luck competing against that lead! Chief Mike Officer is sitting pretty!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Going to take a 40 point performance from some QB's, a really good WR performance and the Bill's to do not so well. Its a lot to ask for and I doubt anyone will catch up, but he's had one of the best teams all year. With Chubb, Kamara and Robinson a good chance one of them did really well... never expected 60 but they were likely good for 80+ just between those 3 players. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I have Kamara in my other league - nice start to the weekend for certain. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

18 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Plenty of time left in the weekend, so let's not call it yet. My other top guys are still sketchy this week, and doing some quick math, I'm still seeing a possibility that I don't get to 150 pts. So I'll still be watching anxiously. 

Game 2... 

200.gif

18 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I'm still seeing a possibility that I don't get to 150 pts.

Mike Evans says otherwise. Lol. Congrats on your Championship!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Also for those with James Robinson, he isn’t playing this week so get him out of your lineups. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Mike Evans says otherwise. Lol. Congrats on your Championship!

I was excited when Evans started to go off until I realized I wasn’t the only one that had him haha.

Also for those with James Robinson, he isn’t playing this week so get him out of your lineups. 

Well with a few roster switches I’m happy to see that my team is projected to score 40 more points than [mention]ChiefMikeOfficer [/mention]

Well 40 more than he has right now anyway.

With that i believe I am truly out. No double fantasy win, but a great season nonetheless!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

When the internet gets it right...

1613E1F6-1507-499A-A196-0CDDA70B2B72.jpeg.86c47db8d7b7bebd16aec0927ec190ee.jpeg

A774707F-0F2E-4CDB-A93B-9F168543E3EB.jpeg.84e31eedff533daf6041ac0d8d747f7d.jpeg

I haven't been this anxious over Fantasy Football since I was a teenager. I'm sitting here watching my lead shrink today, fully expecting the Bills to collapse tomorrow (because that's what they do against the Pats in December...). Technically still in control, but I'm just hoping I don't get jinxed by the early congrats that some folks were throwing around 😬

37 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I haven't been this anxious over Fantasy Football since I was a teenager. I'm sitting here watching my lead shrink today, fully expecting the Bills to collapse tomorrow (because that's what they do against the Pats in December...). Technically still in control, but I'm just hoping I don't get jinxed by the early congrats that some folks were throwing around 😬

I don’t think you need to worry about the pats this year.....it’s been rough....GL

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Congrats to all of us in Survivor who took the layup with Chicago. Apollo, I like your huevos with the Chargers, may they do you well.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

48 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Congrats to all of us in Survivor who took the layup with Chicago. Apollo, I like your huevos with the Chargers, may they do you well.

Can you ever really call a Mitch Trubisky led team a "layup" win?  As a Packer fan I can't wait for him to have a solid few weeks and the Bears talk themselves into signing him long term.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

On 12/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

It's hard to imagine with the points you put up that you left some on the bench. Congrats on the win!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

1 hour ago, Josh Ross said:

It's hard to imagine with the points you put up that you left some on the bench. Congrats on the win!

Thanks! Starting to feel more comfortable now - hoping my Bills guys don't put up -10 tomorrow night.

Realistically it's only 6 pts left on the bench (even if it ends up looking like more) -- hard to swap out my core lineup, and when Robinson was confirmed out, it came down to Crowder vs. Gio, and Gio put up 23. 

Where I really showed my Fantasy management skills is with my one strategic move for the playoffs 😂: picked up two new defenses specifically for the two playoff weeks, which netted me 0 pts (3 last week, -3 this week). I also missed the draft - I did the draft pre-work, so not 100% luck, but I do remember looking at my roster that night and thinking "I'm missing two positions, but holy $#!+ my team is STACKED". So... We'll call it 90% luck that things ended this way. Here's hoping for another Titleist iron test in 2021 🙏

tenor.gif