2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Our Sponsors

24 minutes ago, jlukes said:

See this what I hate about fantasy.  Nobody has to win a trade. I’m not trying to “get something in my favor.” Trades can work for both teams.  Crazy thought. Good luck the rest of the season 

Sorry man - it was a bad proposal and I was just trying to joke around to "justify" it in the aftermath. Didn't mean for it to lead to actual frustration. Hopefully you get something useful out of it - I almost sent another better proposal but I'm only 50-50 on it and I'm not convinced you'd be sold on it either. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK guys. It's official. The platform we'll be using this year is.........myfantasyleague.com or MFL for short. In addition to a desktop version, they have an app in both app stores. Why the chang

Update for folks wondering. @GolfSpy STUDque has gone through and selected the divisions, we are currently putting them together on the back end and making last minute tuneups to scoring (aka adding t

Allright gang, we've got our playoff format together. Unfortunately, this can't be scored in MFL so we'll have to go manual once we get there. This is our best attempt to merge all of the needs - 3 we

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, jlukes said:

See this what I hate about fantasy.  Nobody has to win a trade. I’m not trying to “get something in my favor.” Trades can work for both teams.  Crazy thought. Good luck the rest of the season 

This is my whole thought on trades, most of which I would say I “lost” over the last couple seasons. 
I like to use trades as a way to make a full season as semi DFS.  I like to keep them as even as possible but everybody values players differently. I vary between need and want! Lol

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

Just looking to shake things up. Wouldn’t compromise the league by giving you DK Metcalf and James white for friggen Christian Kirk and Tom Brady (when I have Lamar Jackson )

cmon dude

Side note - I didn't actually expect you to accept this trade. I put in the notes that I expected a counter and who on my roster was fair game for that (although I acknowledge the didn't leave you with much to work with, so I'm not surprised with the lack of counter - sorry again). 

Edited by ChiefMikeOfficer
I suck

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

For those looking to make fair or even trades there is a pretty simple solution. Click on the Fantasy Shark trade calculator and it will bring up a link to the site. There you can add in your players and players from the other team and it will analyze and give you a percentage as well recommend the trade for either side. Sometimes it can be a little silly, for instance it didn't recommend a trade for me because I was giving up too much running back depth, however with no clear number 2 I was fine with that. Either way its a useful tool and will help you see if there is truly a fair trade out there. 
Trades can be tricky, I am really sold on 3 guys on my roster and it would take a lot to get them from me, the rest I'm very open to moving. I have sent a ton of trade offers a lot of which have been rejected, but I try to leave comments leaving room for a counter. I think its rare that a trade is offered right off the first offer and both teams need a bit of time to look at it.
I got very fortunate when I made my first big trade in which I got back a starting rb, solid #2 rb and a wr for a stud and solid wr. Plus I got some FABB, this put me over the player limit so I packaged Akers with a good waivers claim and managed to get a WR, but I had put 8 or so offers out there with those two together. 
Last point is I get bored @blackngold_blood much like you I think its fun to shake up a roster. So sorry to any of those who don't like the offers, but feel free to comment back and just say that those players aren't available or whatever and I will move on. Else I'll keep looking for ways to make changes!

• Like 8

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Looks like the NFL has officially postponed Steelers-Titans.  Make sure you make the appropriate changes to your rosters for the week.

This will be an interesting test to see how the website handles COVID cancellations.  Hopefully we can use the IR/COVID spots but let us know if there are any issues.  I would assume the website would be updated sometime later today allowing you to make the official roster moves.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

3 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Looks like the NFL has officially postponed Steelers-Titans.  Make sure you make the appropriate changes to your rosters for the week.

This will be an interesting test to see how the website handles COVID cancellations.  Hopefully we can use the IR/COVID spots but let us know if there are any issues.  I would assume the website would be updated sometime later today allowing you to make the official roster moves.

We're in different times.

It would seem to me the league would just re-schedule bye weeks to align Tennessee and Pittsburgh with this week, or am I oversimplifying?  Granted, that's a finger's crossed approach...

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

23 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

18 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

We're in different times.

It would seem to me the league would just re-schedule bye weeks to align Tennessee and Pittsburgh with this week, or am I oversimplifying?  Granted, that's a finger's crossed approach...

The option to move the bye weeks for both teams seems to be easiest.

Bu the logistics might be much harder, as both teams have different bye weeks, Titans at week 7 and Steelers at week 8.

if both team go on a bye now and would of to play lets say week 7, the steelers opponent for that week, the Ravens, would have to move games.

I am not sure how they are going to manage, and I do not even want to think about how If I was responsible for the schedule, I would do it.

I am just crack another beer open and wait to see what happens.

Edit: It is an unfortunate situation, now it is too late for it, but the league could have started the season a couple of weeks earlier and give every team the same bye weeks mid season and later in the year, so those weekends could have been used as game make up weekends.

But my good ideas all come in late.

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

RE: Trades.

Sorry I've declined every offer so far. To get the #2 overall QB, or the #8/#9 Running Backs from me would take players in similar positions. I've got 2 top 10 TEs, the number 5 Def... 

The trades have to make sense.

• Like 2
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

Ok Stud division, since not everyone is on Slack I will put this here as well. 

I’m looking for a Top 15 RB and I have Adams, Mike Thomas, and Julio to use to deal. The better the RB the more I will offer for him!

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Ok Stud division, since not everyone is on Slack I will put this here as well. 

I’m looking for a Top 15 RB and I have Adams, Mike Thomas, and Julio to use to deal. The better the RB the more I will offer for him!

No longer desperate (thanks to another trade with @GolfSpy MPR) but still willing to deal Adams or Thomas

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

No longer desperate (thanks to another trade with @GolfSpy MPR) but still willing to deal Adams or Thomas

You are a trading machine my dude! Harry Potter like some might say 😄 

• Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

6 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

You are a trading machine my dude! Harry Potter like some might say 😄 

Thank you sir. To be honest that is what makes it fun. Staying with the same team gets boring!

• Like 1

Ok Stud division, since not everyone is on Slack I will put this here as well since it work for @blackngold_blood. I am looking to add WR's and possibly an upgrade at QB. I have depth at RB and TE but always up to try and make a deal.

• Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

On 9/30/2020 at 8:50 PM, jlukes said:

God, leave it to the man, the myth, the legend to voice my exact thoughts about trading right now. Thanks for giving everybody that reminder.

• Like 1

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Ok can the site update Chris Godwin to Out for this week?  Every other news source has him sitting out this week and I'll like to put him on IR to make another pick up.

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

I have to vent

I’m having huge trouble with this platform. I can’t get it to show me free agents in any sort of logical order. Last night I thought I changed my line up to put Crowder in.

Searching the wire is normally a fun part of FFB for me normally. I shudder trying to do it on this app and don’t often have access to a laptop to try on that platform.

I also know that it’s tough to find a platform that can handle a league like ours. So I understand, just frustrated especially at loosing out on 15 points last night. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

1 minute ago, revkev said:

I have to vent

I’m having huge trouble with this platform. I can’t get it to show me free agents in any sort of logical order. Last night I thought I changed my line up to put Crowder in.

Searching the wire is normally a fun part of FFB for me normally. I shudder trying to do it on this app and don’t often have access to a laptop to try on that platform.

I also know that it’s tough to find a platform that can handle a league like ours. So I understand, just frustrated especially at loosing out on 15 points last night. 😞

The app absolutely brutal and the website isn't that much better.  That is for sure.

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I must be missing something.

For mobile:

Click on "Players" box. 

Apply Filters. This could be position type, etc (Default setting shows only Free Agents)

I sort one of two ways; YTD Points Decending, or Projected Points Decending.

Click on Player, then "Manage" at the top right. Add him from there.

Managing the roster is even easier.

Click "Lineup"

Highlight the guys you want playing. (It shows YTD Points and Projected points here too)

Submit.

• Like 2
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore
36 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

I must be missing something.

For mobile:

Click on "Players" box. 

Apply Filters. This could be position type, etc (Default setting shows only Free Agents)

I sort one of two ways; YTD Points Decending, or Projected Points Decending.

Click on Player, then "Manage" at the top right. Add him from there.

Managing the roster is even easier.

Click "Lineup"

Highlight the guys you want playing. (It shows YTD Points and Projected points here too)

Submit.

@revkev there’s this plus there’s also a Fantasy Sharks research section on the desktop version for players too that’ll display much more and apply it to our league. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

When I hit filter, say RB by avg draft position it will give me 2 or 3 and the revert to alphabetical

I thought that I followed that exact process to reset my line up last night but apparently when i thought I was clicking submit, I wasn’t. That was on me for certain but I’m still frustrated - it’s tough to be continually be changing platforms - for me at least.

The wire stuff is on them -

And yes like any of these things there are pluses. I’m just the old dog struggling with another new trick is all.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them