TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Berg Ryman

Guess it's my turn to get trucked by Derrick Henry.... not sure if I should be happy about winning.

DHenry.gif

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Guess it's my turn to get trucked by Derrick Henry.... not sure if I should be happy about winning.

DHenry.gif

A 4-way battle in each division a week after basically my whole team showed up!?

ad1b673e6f61a658ac12f6b4c4e0baacf5c93edf_hq.gif.2e2a0281d9324376afa10b71a2b00f8d.gif

Hopefully my core players don't decide to regress to the mean this week!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Not a good year to be a three seed, shows you how important the byes were.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Well if it's going to be a 4 team battle royal at least I'm entering with King Henry...can Brady find some of that future HoF magic to give my team another boost? Hopefully I figure out the right RBs to play and not leave 70 points on the bench when it matters most. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

I need Gibson back a TE to actually put up more then 2 points and Murray to come back to form... and Lockett to come out of the shadow of DK. Too much to ask for? I knew it was a 4 way playin, but also forgot it was a 4 way playin and really think its a true toss up in the Bucky Division. Many good teams and anyone would be a good rep for the superbowl. If Gibson is out I may have to find the sleeper of all sleepers!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Before we get into the big finish of the season a big thanks to all the commissioners for their efforts and work throughout the season. Another new platform with I am sure a lot of challenges in the background. Also to all those who made a effort this season thank you. This is a huge league and just awesome to take part in. I know not everyone loved the MFL site and I will say their app is less then ideal, however the site was okay. If we go back to fantrax that will be fine with me as well. Both have there good and bad points, but I may give a bit of a edge to MFL as it does offer a ton in terms of background info. Yes it takes some searching and about 10 tabs open, BUT it can help a lot of the newer ppl evaluate trades and so on. Either way I will be very happy to take part again next season!

Things that were great this season for me were the following
Format- Loved the two games each week and made every week that much for fun and having 2 games really made it feel like bad starts didn't mean nearly as much. I am bias in that I had a great so to this point with only one week where I went 0-2 and that was week 13 where I had my spot locked up. 

Rolling with the punches- This was and likely will be the most unique and difficult season ever in fantasy with games scheduled for every night of the week, massive key injuries and much more. It was great to see people handle the ups and downs and great job from the commissioners to make sure we got fair results throughout the season despite these hurdles. 

Playoffs!- I want to say this before any more results come in. I love the way this is working. Big bonus to those who got top 2 seeds and fair play in games for seeds 3-6 with basically two of the biggest weeks possible now to win. Having to beat out 6 teams in two weeks is fantastic and will really show how good of a squad you've managed to build throughout.

There is a lot more, but I'll leave it at that. Thank you again to everyone and MGS crew for organizing and putting this on. Its truly awesome and I miss it dearly when its all over!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Holy smokes. I just now looked at week 15. We play against all 3 people in our Division? Then there will be 4 people left to battle out for a single golden ticket? (I know, proverbial counting the chickens and eggs... yada yada)

So can someone explain how this works? Does it come down to your 3 game record for that week, with a points scored tie breaker if necessary?

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

12 minutes ago, KurtActual said:
Holy smokes. I just now looked at week 15. We play against all 3 people in our Division? Then there will be 4 people left to battle out for a single golden ticket? (I know, proverbial counting the chickens and eggs... yada yada)
So can someone explain how this works? Does it come down to your 3 game record for that week, with a points scored tie breaker if necessary?

I think the easiest way to explain the next two weeks is this:

IMG_3007.GIF

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

It will be whoever scores the most points in your 4 team division final.  So if you score more than Da Bears, Manimal, and B.Boston this week you'll go 3-0 and find yourself in the finals against the winners of the other divisions.

And yes there is only 1 golden ticket.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Bucky Division I think may have already been decided by @poprocksncoke Great week to have 3 players go big! Starting my lineup down 84 points is not a confidence inspiring situation. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Bucky Division I think may have already been decided by @poprocksncoke Great week to have 3 players go big! Starting my lineup down 84 points is not a confidence inspiring situation. 

Yeah I thought I got off to a hot start with Herbert getting 28.8... Hopefully @poprocksncoke used those guys in a daily fantasy too.... could be well on his was to a big winner there! 

On 12/15/2020 at 12:41 PM, Apolloshowl said:

Before we get into the big finish of the season a big thanks to all the commissioners for their efforts and work throughout the season. Another new platform with I am sure a lot of challenges in the background. Also to all those who made a effort this season thank you. This is a huge league and just awesome to take part in. I know not everyone loved the MFL site and I will say their app is less then ideal, however the site was okay. If we go back to fantrax that will be fine with me as well. Both have there good and bad points, but I may give a bit of a edge to MFL as it does offer a ton in terms of background info. Yes it takes some searching and about 10 tabs open, BUT it can help a lot of the newer ppl evaluate trades and so on. Either way I will be very happy to take part again next season!

I agree on giving MFL the edge -- I hated it at first (especially after that debacle of a draft where I couldn't change my list and got 4 QBs...), but it grew on me as I started to figure things out. The FantasySharks add-on was great - I'm a big fan of the lineup, trade, and waiver analysis (didn't always agree with it, but who would?). I still dislike the Adds/Drops page, and often found myself bouncing between multiple Fantasy websites to decide who to add/drop and who to start. 

Others commented on the mobile app, but I never used it -- I finally gave in and downloaded the Android version last week, and it looks clunky. The mobile website was sufficient for everything I needed to do, and actually fairly easy to use. For checking in on scores, I had to use Chrome's "Desktop Version" feature (Live Scoring exists in the mobile version, but hard to find a link - finding it on Desktop then turning off Desktop gets there). 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Well, its fantasy football.  Have seen stranger things happen.....

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I think my only REAL complaint with MFL is the inability to look at a Free Agent's projected points for the week compared to all other Free Agents, at the same time. Seems like it would be an easy column to add to the "Player Stats" screen.

Otherwise, I have got the hang of it, and generally like it.

Fingers crossed for a Sunday miracle, but I'm not overly confident. Gibson is it which hurts, he's been awesome this year and my favorite surprise player. In goes edwards and have to hope Dobbins fumbles a few. Either way the winner of bucky I do think will win it all!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

That moment when you add Tony Pollard prior to kickoff and you don't save your lineup so you don't have a RB2 to play...

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

38 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

That moment when you add Tony Pollard prior to kickoff and you don't save your lineup so you don't have a RB2 to play...

I made this mistake with a TE earlier in the year - for some reason I expected the lineup to update automatically when doing an add/drop on a starter, ended up watching in suspense and luckily didn't need those points.

I'm ok with allowing the Pollard for Edmonds swap if the others in our division approve - email trail shows the add happened well in advance of the deadline and it was swapping out a starter in your lineup. I'm hoping it doesn't make a difference, but anything can happen, and it seems fair to me. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

48 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Commish may be able to help you there Undershooter

35 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I made this mistake with a TE earlier in the year - for some reason I expected the lineup to update automatically when doing an add/drop on a starter, ended up watching in suspense and luckily didn't need those points.

I'm ok with allowing the Pollard for Edmonds swap if the others in our division approve - email trail shows the add happened well in advance of the deadline and it was swapping out a starter in your lineup. I'm hoping it doesn't make a difference, but anything can happen, and it seems fair to me. 

At this point in the season it's pretty tough to justify doing a commissioner's roster move.  We're all pretty well aware of the limitations of the website and app.

It's not like it's an empty roster spot or Pollard; Chase Edmonds is a pretty decent player most weeks (8 weeks of double digit points).  I think this needs to stand as is.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

19 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

At this point in the season it's pretty tough to justify doing a commissioner's roster move.  We're all pretty well aware of the limitations of the website and app.

It's not like it's an empty roster spot or Pollard; Chase Edmonds is a pretty decent player most weeks (8 weeks of double digit points).  I think this needs to stand as is.

I don't personally think Edmonds in a time share is close to Pollard who gets the workload to himself with Zeke out. Which is why I added added him and not Edmonds originally.

With that said I never asked the other commissioners to swap Tony in for me. While it's obvious that I was adding Tony to play in place of the injured D Harris, I should've double and triple checked that the save went through, but I I didn't. It falls on me to set a lineup, despite the app kind of sucking. It is what it is, I think...

Edit: I type all of this as I watch Pollard score a second TD. The fantasy gods are cruel sometimes.

1 hour ago, KurtActual said:

Commish may be able to help you there Undershooter
Edit: Nevermind, I thought you meant you were a man short of a full 9 man roster

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I was a man short. I had to go back and drop someone I didnt want to who was playing this afternoon to add Edmonds and fill out a lineup. Otherwise I was without a full lineup. 

I don't personally think Edmonds in a time share is close to Pollard who gets the workload to himself with Zeke out. Which is why I added added him and not Edmonds originally.
With that said I never asked the other commissioners to swap Tony in for me. While it's obvious that I was adding Tony to play in place of the injured D Harris, I should've double and triple checked that the save went through, but I I didn't. It falls on me to set a lineup, despite the app kind of sucking. It is what it is, I think...
Edit: I type all of this as I watch Pollard score a second TD. The fantasy gods are cruel sometimes.

Edmonds is going to do his best! Looks like he might get more touches than Drake today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Edmonds is going to do his best! Looks like he might get more touches than Drake today.

We're certainly looking for some fantasy miracles!

We're certainly looking for some fantasy miracles!

Same. B.Boston is putting a whooping on me and my Josh Allen/ Derrick Henry led squad.
My support guys have choked all season when I needed them to pull through.

Same. B.Boston is putting a whooping on me and my Josh Allen/ Derrick Henry led squad.
My support guys have choked all season when I needed them to pull through.

Can’t count you out yet man. Chubb could have a big game and put you right back in it.