2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Our Sponsors

The injuries are rougher this year, very hard to make a good starting line up.

Agreed, RB is not a position with much depth this year across the board and I feel that very much

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK guys. It's official. The platform we'll be using this year is.........myfantasyleague.com or MFL for short. In addition to a desktop version, they have an app in both app stores. Why the chang

Update for folks wondering. @GolfSpy STUDque has gone through and selected the divisions, we are currently putting them together on the back end and making last minute tuneups to scoring (aka adding t

Allright gang, we've got our playoff format together. Unfortunately, this can't be scored in MFL so we'll have to go manual once we get there. This is our best attempt to merge all of the needs - 3 we

Posted Images

Ok fellow team owners. I am in need of some some advice. While I am not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs 7 games back with 12 to play  is close enough lol. 
I looking for the thoughts of everybody on trades after basically being out of it. Let’s be clear here, I’m not talking about trading big name players for nobody but real trades that would be accepted if I was still in it. 

Thoughts?

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Ok fellow team owners. I am in need of some some advice. While I am not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs 7 games back with 12 to play  is close enough lol. 
I looking for the thoughts of everybody on trades after basically being out of it. Let’s be clear here, I’m not talking about trading big name players for nobody but real trades that would be accepted if I was still in it. 

Thoughts?

It is a hard predicament, in in one hand we all came in hoping to make the playoffs and trying to win this thing, but as the weeks came and went, it is getting to be a tighter race, I cannot advise you of what to do with your team, I am playing my best players until the last game and will still try to even if it is by a lot of luck, get to the playoffs.

With that, hey @Berg Ryman @Undershooter @GolfSpy STUDque @Bucky CC is there a trade deadline? I am sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but I did not seen anything in regards to it.

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

3 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

It is a hard predicament, in in one hand we all came in hoping to make the playoffs and trying to win this thing, but as the weeks came and went, it is getting to be a tighter race, I cannot advise you of what to do with your team, I am playing my best players until the last game and will still try to even if it is by a lot of luck, get to the playoffs.

With that, hey @Berg Ryman @Undershooter @GolfSpy STUDque @Bucky CC is there a trade deadline? I am sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but I did not seen anything in regards to it.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I will always put the best team I can play every week for a lineup. This isn’t a I give up question. It was more a question of whether trading players when obviously not going to be making the playoffs is a no-no or ok. Hopefully that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

Maybe I should have been more clear. I will always put the best team I can play every week for a lineup. This isn’t a I give up question. It was more a question of whether trading players when obviously not going to be making the playoffs is a no-no or ok. Hopefully that makes sense. 

I get what you mean now, and my answer is still, I do not have a satisfactory answer for you, because I would like to think that in reality with 12 games to go, we all have a chance to make the playoffs, but I know it is not the real odds.

Hence why I asked the commissioners if there is a defined trade deadline? or to expand the question, if a trade seems to be one sided, if it is rejected by the commissioners?

But at this point, I am think I am trying to think of it too much.

So to change gears, when are we starting the fantasy golf league again?

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Honestly if the trade makes sense and is fair and helps improve your team then all well and good. There is also pride on the line and I would rather see active players making trades trying to improve their teams because they want to win weeks, even if playoffs seem a ways away. Obviously fair trades need to be made, I didn't love the trade that was made with Sanders for Pernel? (I think) however I understand the need to win now over holding a player through injury and bye week. 
As long as the trades are fair and make sense for both teams to keep them competitive I think it is more then fine. I mean nobody wants to end up dead last either so I would say trades are all fair. I don't think anyone would sell the farm to unbalance a team or sabotage the league, we have 56 teams and so far everyone has done a pretty good job with setting lineups and making sure teams are competitive even in one of the hardest years ever. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Yeah so our bad on this one. We thought the trade deadline was defaulted in but nay, there was none. But now there is:

TRADE DEADLINE IS END OF WEEK 10, NOVEMBER 18

If you can come to terms on a trade before then, go for it. Doesn’t matter where you stand against the playoffs, if it’s a fair trade, we’ll approve it. With almost half the season remaining and 2 matchups per week, literally anyone can still make the playoffs. 

So weeks 11-13 we’ll all be on waivers only then playoffs begin week 14. Top 6 in each division make it. Check my linked post at the top of the thread to remind yourself of the format. 

• Like 4

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

55 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Honestly if the trade makes sense and is fair and helps improve your team then all well and good. There is also pride on the line and I would rather see active players making trades trying to improve their teams because they want to win weeks, even if playoffs seem a ways away. Obviously fair trades need to be made, I didn't love the trade that was made with Sanders for Pernel? (I think) however I understand the need to win now over holding a player through injury and bye week. 
As long as the trades are fair and make sense for both teams to keep them competitive I think it is more then fine. I mean nobody wants to end up dead last either so I would say trades are all fair. I don't think anyone would sell the farm to unbalance a team or sabotage the league, we have 56 teams and so far everyone has done a pretty good job with setting lineups and making sure teams are competitive even in one of the hardest years ever. 

That is my bad on the Sanders/Perine trade for not informing the whole league.  What went down was a work around of the original deal. Sanders was a part of the first deal between myself and Manimal. However the eagles had already played so in order for the trade to work for both of us that week, Perine was included instead and then just traded back for Sanders when the week concluded.  Neither player was in the starting lineup for either team so no harm done. 
Boy I hope that makes sense. I’m trying to type driving down the road. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I can’t believe I picked up Slye and then forgot to start him. What a moron!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone in Stud open to parting with a RB2/3? Probably not but doesn’t hurt to try

Another exciting week! Lots of key teams on byes this week, but thankfully not as many injuries to key players from what I've seen so far. Good luck to all teams this week and a reminder form Stud's post above trade deadline is only a few weeks away so if youre thinking of moves now is the time! Will be nice to see some of those first round picks come back and play and even better Tua! Having another rookie QB starting is always fun to watch.

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Of course BOTH of my opponents have Dalvin Cook this week #fml 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Good grief... this season is 💩

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Good grief... this season is

[/url]  

Sure seems to sum up this season...

• Like 1

I've got a few hours to decide if an injured Aaron Jones is worth more than a healthy Latavius Murray...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Just FYI to the league, I used a commissioner power to modify @Apolloshowl’s team. This is my first time doing so this year. 

Problem: He added J.Reed and stashed him on IR. Right before game time, SF declared him active and he played. This caused AH to have an illegal roster (active player on IR) with no way to move him off since he’s locked. 

Fix: I did a commissioner-forced move and dropped Reed off his team. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Just FYI to the league, I used a commissioner power to modify @Apolloshowl’s team. This is my first time doing so this year. 

Problem: He added J.Reed and stashed him on IR. Right before game time, SF declared him active and he played. This caused AH to have an illegal roster (active player on IR) with no way to move him off since he’s locked. 

Fix: I did a commissioner-forced move and dropped Reed off his team. 

Stan Lee - Imgflip

Edited by goaliewales14
  • Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

Brady coming in HUGE this week with the 2.4 points....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

What a weird week, so many teams that simply did not run the ball. CEH, Taylor, Bell, Gibson and the list goes on and on. Definitely odd position this season. Happy to see CM back in full force, scared to be playing any of his teams in the playoffs. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

This is one of those weird weeks where I'll pick up 2 wins if Cam Newton doesn't get a lot of points tonight, but the Pats are playing the Jets, so I'm expecting 30+ out of him to hand me the loss 🤣

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb