2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Berg Ryman

14 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Overall record, Total Points... that's the setup.

Wouldn't Conference record make more sense since the top 6 in each conference would move forward to the playoffs? I know I'm a bit biased in this particular scenario and probably too late in season to change at this point, but perhaps next year!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

TESTING:  :titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

10 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Wouldn't Conference record make more sense since the top 6 in each conference would move forward to the playoffs? I know I'm a bit biased in this particular scenario and probably too late in season to change at this point, but perhaps next year!

Don't worry about me... my team is about to fall off a cliff and this won't be a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

10 minutes ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Think about it this way, if the division record ends in a tie it defaults to total points anyway, plus it takes some of the inherent schedule luck out of the system. This could lead to, for example, a team 33rd in overall points, but went 7-4 in their division being ranked ahead of a team 16th in overall points, but 5-5 in their division. 

• Like 3

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: Hi Toe Raw 48* (bent from 50*), 53* (bent from 54*), and 58*, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

SIK Golf Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

7 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Think about it this way, if the division record ends in a tie it defaults to total points anyway, plus it takes some of the inherent schedule luck out of the system. This could lead to, for example, a team 33rd in overall points, but went 7-4 in their division being ranked ahead of a team 16th in overall points, but 5-5 in their division. 

Should we look at the NFC east for a real world example, then? 😄 Conference winner is the conference winner, regardless of how many points they score

Edited by Tarheelvolvo
Commasplice

I do agree. I think next year it should be Overall Record, Conf. Record, then Points Scored.

Edit: I have no dog in this fight. I ended up with a tie outside of my Conf. so no chance this situation applies to me haha

• Like 1

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

21 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

Should we look at the NFC east for a real world example, then? 😄 Conference winner is the conference winner, regardless of how many points they score

15 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

I do agree. I think next year it should be Overall Record, Conf. Record, then Points Scored.

Edit: I have no dog in this fight. I ended up with a tie outside of my Conf. so no chance this situation applies to me haha

We talked a little about this in our commissioners Slack chat.  It all depends on how we can manage the schedules.  If people are not playing the exact same schedules within their division then points scored is the best tie-breaker.  Luck already plays a huge factor in your overall record (matchups, bye weeks, injuries, etc) but that doesn't mean we have to double dip with it to break ties.

Just remember that you are already starting with a 43% chance of making the playoffs (6 out of 14 teams) and realistically it's probably a little higher than that due to people dropping out or not setting their lineups.

We can always put this up for vote next year but we cannot change the rules mid-season for this year.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: RADSPEED, Fujikura Motore 70 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour STiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black 7

14 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

We talked a little about this in our commissioners Slack chat.  It all depends on how we can manage the schedules.  If people are not playing the exact same schedules within their division then points scored is the best tie-breaker.  Luck already plays a huge factor in your overall record (matchups, bye weeks, injuries, etc) but that doesn't mean we have to double dip with it to break ties.

Just remember that you are already starting with a 43% chance of making the playoffs (6 out of 14 teams) and realistically it's probably a little higher than that due to people dropping out or not setting their lineups.

We can always put this up for vote next year but we cannot change the rules mid-season for this year.

Agree that changes this late wouldn't be appropriate. Definitely something to consider for next year, though!

I'm sure just like previous years we will make small changes and tweaks and put it to a vote at the beginning of the season. Overall it's been a good season all things considered with injuries and all. Also Steelers/Ravens game getting postponed doesn't help.

I would love to see another flex spot in play!

Good luck to all this week and for those in the US enjoy your Thanksgiving!

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

On 11/25/2020 at 10:18 AM, Tarheelvolvo said:

Agree that changes this late wouldn't be appropriate. Definitely something to consider for next year, though!

We can definitely look at a league vote for next year. Just know that all 4 commissioners were firmly behind points as a tie breaker.

Fantasy football doesn't really lineup with actual football when considering what's fair bc you can only control your own team. You can't affect the other team at all. There's no schematic advantage or matching up with other peoples strengths and weaknesses. You just have to score the most points. So points are essentially the be all end all when comparing teams in fantasy sports.

And while yes, a conference winner is a conference winner. However, we are talking about the 4 spot in this division. Neither team would make the playoffs in a true wildcard scenario.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

A game with no quarterbacks

A TE starting as a QB

A team ravaged by Covid due to a staff member not letting anyone know he was positive causing the game to be rescheduled multiple times

A crazy amount of players with first round ADPs going down with injuries

....and on and on and on.

Needless to say, this season should have the world's largest asterisk next to it - in both real life and fantasy. To those that manage to thread the needle and win it all, kudos. A lot of luck involved. 😼

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

A game with no quarterbacks

A TE starting as a QB

A team ravaged by Covid due to a staff member not letting anyone know he was positive causing the game to be rescheduled multiple times

A crazy amount of players with first round ADPs going down with injuries

....and on and on and on.

Needless to say, this season should have the world's largest asterisk next to it - in both real life and fantasy. To those that manage to thread the needle and win it all, kudos. A lot of luck involved. 😼

...and now snow is expected in Pittsburgh and the Ravens travel plans are in flux.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Steve2100 said:

Trade deadline passed already didn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yup, back in week 10 if memory serves...

• Like 1

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM DHY 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL:ER7B 

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Getting off the tie breaker discussion because we already have the rules in place for this year - what is going to happen with the Tuesday Night game?  I played the weekend as if it would not count for this week.  Will it count at all?  If so for which week - assuming it's played.

As an FYI I'm in complete agreement that only points really matter.  My other league is a weekly rotisserie modified keeper league.  The scoring is really funky, lots of bonuses, no minuses so a QB could throw 4 picks and totally blow the game but be a great player for you because he had to keep chucking it and threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs.  At any rate there are 8 teams, the top score gets 8 points for the week and all the way down to 1 for the bottom team.  The points accumulate and that's how standings are determined - top 4 teams make the playoffs and the playoff is two weeks, total points, winner take all.  Of course that would get crazy with 64 teams or however many we have but it's great with 8.  Any experienced FFBer has made his share of playoffs when he shouldn't have and not made it when he should have.  😞

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Getting off the tie breaker discussion because we already have the rules in place for this year - what is going to happen with the Tuesday Night game?  I played the weekend as if it would not count for this week.  Will it count at all?  If so for which week - assuming it's played.

As an FYI I'm in complete agreement that only points really matter.  My other league is a weekly rotisserie modified keeper league.  The scoring is really funky, lots of bonuses, no minuses so a QB could throw 4 picks and totally blow the game but be a great player for you because he had to keep chucking it and threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs.  At any rate there are 8 teams, the top score gets 8 points for the week and all the way down to 1 for the bottom team.  The points accumulate and that's how standings are determined - top 4 teams make the playoffs and the playoff is two weeks, total points, winner take all.  Of course that would get crazy with 64 teams or however many we have but it's great with 8.  Any experienced FFBer has made his share of playoffs when he shouldn't have and not made it when he should have.  [emoji20]

Bills and Titans played a Tuesday game in October and it counted like a normal Monday night game.

Pittsburgh-Baltimore will count for this week as long as it’s played tomorrow night. If they postpone it further it will have to count in a different week.

• Like 3

Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

1 hour ago, Bucky CC said:

Bills and Titans played a Tuesday game in October and it counted like a normal Monday night game.

Pittsburgh-Baltimore will count for this week as long as it’s played tomorrow night. If they postpone it further it will have to count in a different week.

Thank you - it's what I figured but I just didn't want to take any chances and so sat anyone involved in that game - if however it ends up moving any further and counting for next week I may consider playing them.  I have byes for next week. 😞

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Yes we are aware that Pittsburgh-Baltimore is tentatively rescheduled for Wednesday.

No, we aren't sure yet what this means.  The latest update from MFL is that they are currently in discussions.  We'll keep everyone in the loop as we find out more.  In the mean time you may want to play it safe and try to find alternatives to any Steelers or Ravens players still in your lineup.

2019922638_MFLWed.png.0c4ef25421ff0adf027b4252fc983266.png

Update from MFL.  Wednesday's game will count for this week's stats as long as it stays at the current 3:40 start time.  Still doesn't sound great though since 4 additional Ravens were put on the COVID list today.

816224356_MFLWed.png.2a73c350b5176da060aac663db51597a.png

• Like 2