2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we’re all here reflecting back on the season, I definitely have some big props to offer for @Shankster. He took over a team for someone that quit after 2 rounds of the draft, set his lineup ever

Update for folks wondering. @GolfSpy STUDque has gone through and selected the divisions, we are currently putting them together on the back end and making last minute tuneups to scoring (aka adding t

OK guys. It's official. The platform we'll be using this year is.........myfantasyleague.com or MFL for short. In addition to a desktop version, they have an app in both app stores. Why the chang

Posted Images

Wait - I have the inside track for something?  I came here to congratulate everyone on a fun season and see you for golf.  My team is tanked the last two weeks.

Okay if I make it, I do, it seems as if every season I'm last one in or out.  

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

50 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, I know what you're all thinking... where do we sit for Playoff Spots going into the final game of week 13? Well, I'm going to do my best to break it all down for you.

BUCKY DIVISION

The byes have been settled here, @Apolloshowl and @Bucky CC will get the byes to the divisional final. Also set are the 4 teams playing in our wild card shootout, with @golferKen, @poprocksncoke, TexasDVN, and @mudfish playing each other in some order.

SHOOTER DIVISION

Congrats to @ChiefMikeOfficer for locking down one of those byes. The other one comes down to tonight between @Undershooter and @russtopherb. If Undershooter beats GB13 he'll clinch the second bye via total points tiebreaker, if he takes the loss it goes to Russ. The other 3 available spots is a 4 way race between @ZJBogey2, @Tarheelvolvo, @DJ Mico, and Stroker Ace. I don't have time to dig in deep here, but one of these teams is gonna be sadly sitting out.

BERG DIVISION

Man, did @Collins923 show out this week or what? He earns one of my divisions byes as does @PA_Golfer. As for the 4 wild cards, @Rwagn4 is in for sure, I'm likely in on the tiebreaker at the very least, @revkev has the inside track on one, so it's a race for 1 among 3 teams; @Getoffmylawn, @goaliewales14, and @Josh Ross with Goalie looking like he's gonna get to the line first. 

STUD DIVISION

Finally, we get to the Stud division, and noticeable by his absence from the playoff picture is @GolfSpy STUDque, making him the only commissioner to miss the playoffs (love you brother!)

Now onto the good news, Da Bears 2100 has earned a bye, and based on this weeks results @walnutz03 is going to get that second bye over @Manimal26

But that's not all bad for Manimal, he'll go into the wildcard shootout as the highest seed, along with @B.Boston, @GolfSpy MPR, and @KurtActual. IMO the Stud division has been the most competitive near the top so anything can and should be expected here.

Great breakdown @Berg Ryman !! Should be a fun playoff.

I'd like to add something:
IF you are NOT in the playoffs, have consideration to those that are.
Please don't drop players off your roster for no reason.
Please don't make waiver claims.
Please DO have fun watching things play out as the winner gets a golden ticket which equates to dibs on any test during the year. (Ed note: No, we do not know in advance what is going to be available for testing during the year)

Thanks and enjoy the games!!

• Like 6

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Please DO have fun watching things play out as the winner gets a golden ticket which equates to dibs on any test during the year. (Ed note: No, we do not know in advance what is going to be available for testing during the year)

Good point @GolfSpy Stroker, we'll also be looking into roster freezes for teams as well if that's possible as it's the much easier way to do it.

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I am sure and hopeful most will be good sports, but pretty sure non playoff team rosters can be locked.

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

No fire sales!?!? JK JK

One league I am in, end of the year playoff (keeper league and salary based) runs get wild with trading

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

16 minutes ago, revkev said:

Wait - I have the inside track for something?  I came here to congratulate everyone on a fun season and see you for golf.  My team is tanked the last two weeks.

Okay if I make it, I do, it seems as if every season I'm last one in or out.  

Nope, you've got a playoff date, likely against me!!! So... yeah, I don't have the heart for trash talk, you're a good guy Rev, best of luck.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

The other 3 available spots is a 4 way race between @ZJBogey2, @Tarheelvolvo, @DJ Mico, and @GolfSpy Stroker. I don't have time to dig in deep here, but one of these teams is gonna be sadly sitting out.

Doing some research it appears that it will be myself or @ZJBogey2 in the last spot. ZJB is all done for the week and I have Lamar going tonight. Not that I'm looking forward to getting crushed in the next round but hey, I gotta hang in and help @GolfSpy MPR represent the mods! 😉

• Like 5

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

Sigh.  Started out the season strong, then...not so much.  

Best of luck to the playoff contenders.  When does fantasy golf start?  😆

• Haha 3

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

At 9 and 15 I don't think I am making the playoffs, so time to move on, where are we with the Fantasy Golf league?

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I need 26 points from Lamar tonight... ugh.

As a Cowboy fan, I would love to say, too bad, but honestly yeah 26 points with a run pass QB is not impossible against our defense 

• Like 2

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

Congratulations to all who made the playoffs! Also, thank you to the mods, it's been a crazy year and you guys have kept it running smoothly with all the postponements and rescheduling. It's been another fun year, now it's time to sit back and see who comes out on top. Good luck everyone!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Looks like @Collins923 is gearing up for the playoffs -- that's our first 200+ point game (left 8 points on the bench too). Nice week!

image.png.efa24defdb27039eed1cefa99a806bb0.png

I left 16 points on the bench if you count forgetting to activate Thielen off IR...  I hope my team is peaking at the right time and not blowing their load before the playoffs start, one or the other...

4 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, I know what you're all thinking... where do we sit for Playoff Spots going into the final game of week 13? Well, I'm going to do my best to break it all down for you.

BUCKY DIVISION

The byes have been settled here, @Apolloshowl and @Bucky CC will get the byes to the divisional final. Also set are the 4 teams playing in our wild card shootout, with @golferKen, @poprocksncoke, TexasDVN, and @mudfish playing each other in some order.

SHOOTER DIVISION

Congrats to @ChiefMikeOfficer for locking down one of those byes. The other one comes down to tonight between @Undershooter and @russtopherb. If Undershooter beats GB13 he'll clinch the second bye via total points tiebreaker, if he takes the loss it goes to Russ. The other 3 available spots is a 4 way race between @ZJBogey2, @Tarheelvolvo, @DJ Mico, and Stroker Ace. I don't have time to dig in deep here, but one of these teams is gonna be sadly sitting out.

BERG DIVISION

Man, did @Collins923 show out this week or what? He earns one of my divisions byes as does @PA_Golfer. As for the 4 wild cards, @Rwagn4 is in for sure, I'm likely in on the tiebreaker at the very least, @revkev has the inside track on one, so it's a race for 1 among 3 teams; @Getoffmylawn, @goaliewales14, and @Josh Ross with Goalie looking like he's gonna get to the line first. 

STUD DIVISION

Finally, we get to the Stud division, and noticeable by his absence from the playoff picture is @GolfSpy STUDque, making him the only commissioner to miss the playoffs (love you brother!)

Now onto the good news, Da Bears 2100 has earned a bye, and based on this weeks results @walnutz03 is going to get that second bye over @Manimal26

But that's not all bad for Manimal, he'll go into the wildcard shootout as the highest seed, along with @B.Boston, @GolfSpy MPR, and @KurtActual. IMO the Stud division has been the most competitive near the top so anything can and should be expected here.

Great write up Berg, as a huge numbers nerd, I loved trying to see where things were playing out with 5 teams in play for a bye in our division.  I've never done a fantasy league before, but this free league was by far my favorite I was in this year.  56 teams, 2 games per week, so much stimulation for a numbers guy

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST-180 10.5°, Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 60 X

Fairway::mizuno-small: ST-180 15°, Mitsubishi Diamana W-Series 70 X

Hybrids: :titelist-small: 913H 19° & 21°

Irons::wilson_staff_small: C300 5-GW, KBS Tour V stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12D and 58.12D 

Putter: Toulon Columbus

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

RH, 7.5 hcp from Boston, MA - PM if you ever need a 4th

Nope, you've got a playoff date, likely against me!!! So... yeah, I don't have the heart for trash talk, you're a good guy Rev, best of luck.

Best of luck - if I get my RBs back I have a good team - much better than it’s record indicates.

If I don’t it’s smooth sailing for you!!! 🥸

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Started the season strong, dropped quite a few games thereafter and picked back up just a little too late. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

5 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I need 26 points from Lamar tonight... ugh.

That's a start! there's hope you yet, and you won't need to wait as long as you did on the phone with the DMV to find out! 

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Always love MGS FF. I'll gladly take a bye! Give me a week to relax and not watch so much dang football....haha

• Like 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 19*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

You are in GolfSpy Stroker

Thank you Lamar!

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG