2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Our Sponsors

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we’re all here reflecting back on the season, I definitely have some big props to offer for @Shankster. He took over a team for someone that quit after 2 rounds of the draft, set his lineup ever

Update for folks wondering. @GolfSpy STUDque has gone through and selected the divisions, we are currently putting them together on the back end and making last minute tuneups to scoring (aka adding t

OK guys. It's official. The platform we'll be using this year is.........myfantasyleague.com or MFL for short. In addition to a desktop version, they have an app in both app stores. Why the chang

Posted Images

My team looks to be ready for the post season🏈

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Only one thing left to do now....

Yep, that's what I'm planning on doing!!

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Mini (the :wilson_staff_small:  D7 is in time out)
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

i'll give props to @Collins923, he and i had a few trade chats going and he was quite actively managing his team. Thanks for Ronald Jones and Josh Allen. They helped give me a great charge but couldnt get the rest of my team to follow suit till late.

• Like 1

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Was a frustrating season for sure. Not sure how I felt about out of division matchups almost mattering more than interdivision matchups. Especially when you end up going up against guys on your own team. 

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
 MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Those last minute transactions on Sunday came through huge!!  Picked up AP with 4 minutes before the deadline

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

After reviewing the season, I realize I started off strong, but then as the season wore on something weird happened and I started losing games.  This can only mean one thing...FRAUD!

I hereby do not concede any of my losses, and will be suing many of you.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Just realized there's a ton of spies from MA in the FF league.  We might need a post-COVID FF reunion outing.  Put some faces to all the names.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST-180 10.5°, Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 60 X

Fairway::mizuno-small: ST-180 15°, Mitsubishi Diamana W-Series 70 X

Hybrids: :titelist-small: 913H 19° & 21°

Irons::wilson_staff_small: C300 5-GW, KBS Tour V stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12D and 58.12D 

Putter: Toulon Columbus

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

RH, 7.5 hcp from Boston, MA - PM if you ever need a 4th

I think I made the playoffs in Shooter right? How do the playoffs work? Is it just 1v1 matchups?

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

21 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, I know what you're all thinking... where do we sit for Playoff Spots going into the final game of week 13? Well, I'm going to do my best to break it all down for you.

BUCKY DIVISION

The byes have been settled here, @Apolloshowl and @Bucky CC will get the byes to the divisional final. Also set are the 4 teams playing in our wild card shootout, with @golferKen, @poprocksncoke, TexasDVN, and @mudfish playing each other in some order.

SHOOTER DIVISION

Congrats to @ChiefMikeOfficer for locking down one of those byes. The other one comes down to tonight between @Undershooter and @russtopherb. If Undershooter beats GB13 he'll clinch the second bye via total points tiebreaker, if he takes the loss it goes to Russ. The other 3 available spots is a 4 way race between @ZJBogey2, @Tarheelvolvo, @DJ Mico, and Stroker Ace. I don't have time to dig in deep here, but one of these teams is gonna be sadly sitting out.

BERG DIVISION

Man, did @Collins923 show out this week or what? He earns one of my divisions byes as does @PA_Golfer. As for the 4 wild cards, @Rwagn4 is in for sure, I'm likely in on the tiebreaker at the very least, @revkev has the inside track on one, so it's a race for 1 among 3 teams; @Getoffmylawn, @goaliewales14, and @Josh Ross with Goalie looking like he's gonna get to the line first. 

STUD DIVISION

Finally, we get to the Stud division, and noticeable by his absence from the playoff picture is @GolfSpy STUDque, making him the only commissioner to miss the playoffs (love you brother!)

Now onto the good news, Da Bears 2100 has earned a bye, and based on this weeks results @walnutz03 is going to get that second bye over @Manimal26

But that's not all bad for Manimal, he'll go into the wildcard shootout as the highest seed, along with @B.Boston, @GolfSpy MPR, and @KurtActual. IMO the Stud division has been the most competitive near the top so anything can and should be expected here.

Wait.... What?! 10-16 doesn’t get me in?! No way!!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Well, it was fun. Thanks for setting this up for us this year. Glad my #1 pick was able to play 1/2 of one game of football this year....

• Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

21 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, I know what you're all thinking... where do we sit for Playoff Spots going into the final game of week 13? Well, I'm going to do my best to break it all down for you.

BUCKY DIVISION

The byes have been settled here, @Apolloshowl and @Bucky CC will get the byes to the divisional final. Also set are the 4 teams playing in our wild card shootout, with @golferKen, @poprocksncoke, TexasDVN, and @mudfish playing each other in some order.

SHOOTER DIVISION

Congrats to @ChiefMikeOfficer for locking down one of those byes. The other one comes down to tonight between @Undershooter and @russtopherb. If Undershooter beats GB13 he'll clinch the second bye via total points tiebreaker, if he takes the loss it goes to Russ. The other 3 available spots is a 4 way race between @ZJBogey2, @Tarheelvolvo, @DJ Mico, and Stroker Ace. I don't have time to dig in deep here, but one of these teams is gonna be sadly sitting out.

BERG DIVISION

Man, did @Collins923 show out this week or what? He earns one of my divisions byes as does @PA_Golfer. As for the 4 wild cards, @Rwagn4 is in for sure, I'm likely in on the tiebreaker at the very least, @revkev has the inside track on one, so it's a race for 1 among 3 teams; @Getoffmylawn, @goaliewales14, and @Josh Ross with Goalie looking like he's gonna get to the line first. 

STUD DIVISION

Finally, we get to the Stud division, and noticeable by his absence from the playoff picture is @GolfSpy STUDque, making him the only commissioner to miss the playoffs (love you brother!)

Now onto the good news, Da Bears 2100 has earned a bye, and based on this weeks results @walnutz03 is going to get that second bye over @Manimal26

But that's not all bad for Manimal, he'll go into the wildcard shootout as the highest seed, along with @B.Boston, @GolfSpy MPR, and @KurtActual. IMO the Stud division has been the most competitive near the top so anything can and should be expected here.

I'm sure we are ALL waiting with bated breath as @Undershooter @Berg Ryman @GolfSpy STUDque @Bucky CC finalize the playoff brackets and schedule....

• Like 1

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

43 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I'm sure we are ALL waiting with bated breath as @Undershooter @Berg Ryman @GolfSpy STUDque @Bucky CC finalize the playoff brackets and schedule....

And we're waiting for a standings update from MFL just to make sure we're right. 🙂

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe (awaiting a SIK Flo-C)

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

27 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

And we're waiting for a standings update from MFL just to make sure we're right. 🙂

I'm over here like...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

It is certainly odd.

If you look at the standings page it is outdated:
image.png

But if you look at the scoring page it reflects week 13:

image.png

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | SC Newport 3

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

It is certainly odd.

If you look at the standings page it is outdated:
image.png

But if you look at the scoring page it reflects week 13:

image.png

Yeah and the weekly summary of points has been updated as well but not the standings?

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

Just now, poprocksncoke said:

Yeah and the weekly summary of points has been updated as well but not the standings?

seems like a message to MFL is in order... 

I know it's very hard to find a site to host a league this large but overall I am not impressed with MFL this year. Their page is a bear to navigate and the way they present the data could use a lot of UX design touches. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

seems like a message to MFL is in order... 

I know it's very hard to find a site to host a league this large but overall I am not impressed with MFL this year. Their page is a bear to navigate and the way they present the data could use a lot of UX design touches. 

I could never see the projected points for free agent players except in the mobile app.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

https://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2020/standings?L=65156&W=13

There is a new standings page, but it is the same as the week 12 standings

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST-180 10.5°, Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 60 X

Fairway::mizuno-small: ST-180 15°, Mitsubishi Diamana W-Series 70 X

Hybrids: :titelist-small: 913H 19° & 21°

Irons::wilson_staff_small: C300 5-GW, KBS Tour V stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.12D and 58.12D 

Putter: Toulon Columbus

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

RH, 7.5 hcp from Boston, MA - PM if you ever need a 4th

Looks to me the standings should be as follows:

Bucky Division

• Apolloshowl
  • Bucky Wagon
  • poprocksnTD's
  • golferKen
  • Texas DVM
  • Mudfish

Shooter Division

• Chief Officer Mike
  • Undershooter
  • Dangeruss Topher
  • StrokerAce
  • DJ Mico
  • ZJBogey

Berg Division

• PAGolfer
  • Collins923
  • Ryming Bergs
  • Red-Zoning Out
  • Goaliewales14
  • Rev's59ers

Stud Division

• DaBears2100
  • Manimal26
  • Walnutz
  • Plutang Clan
  • Golfspy MPR
  • Actually Kurt

If I am wrong on any of these I'm sure someone will let me know 😆

19 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I could never see the projected points for free agent players except in the mobile app.

Yeah, that was difficult to find!

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth