2020 MGS Fantasy Football

Our Sponsors

where is the link for the Fantasy Golf? thx

SORRY, Disregard, found it

Edited by JonMUSC08
found it

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we’re all here reflecting back on the season, I definitely have some big props to offer for @Shankster. He took over a team for someone that quit after 2 rounds of the draft, set his lineup ever

Update for folks wondering. @GolfSpy STUDque has gone through and selected the divisions, we are currently putting them together on the back end and making last minute tuneups to scoring (aka adding t

OK guys. It's official. The platform we'll be using this year is.........myfantasyleague.com or MFL for short. In addition to a desktop version, they have an app in both app stores. Why the chang

Posted Images

On 1/11/2021 at 9:52 AM, Berg Ryman said:

I posted a whole blowout in the commish slack on where we stand. Let me copy and paste.

What a crazy end to Survivor we have going on! Here's where we stand.

Studque: 2 strikes, can pick Cleveland, then out regardless of result

Apollo: 2 strikes, can pick Baltimore, KC, Cleveland, Green Bay or Tampa, best remaining chance to make it through Super Bowl

Bucky: 2 strikes, can pick Cleveland, New Orleans, and Green Bay, can get through Super Bowl with Browns help

GB13: 1 strike, can pick Cleveland or Kansas City, cannot make week 21 pick.

Is that really a hard decision for me? 😜  

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

52 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Is that really a hard decision for me? 😜  

Well, there's also the strategic "take strike" option, leaving you a guaranteed pick in week 20 when everyone else could go down this week...

Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

6 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well, there's also the strategic "take strike" option, leaving you a guaranteed pick in week 20 when everyone else could go down this week...

Just sayin'.

Now that’s a good though process rifgt there

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 1/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, JonMUSC08 said:

haha Trackman

Yea i did the G710 testing but they wouldnt have been for you at a 3hdcp; too much of a SGI iron. You've got quite a good set-up going now too. I'd highly bet we'll see the Ping G425 drivers and irons, the Cobra Rad speed (and maybe full bag), and i'd prolly bet the new callaway Epic drivers. Options options options!

If the Apex Pro irons come up as a test opportunity, then there's a very good chance I'm going to blow it early... Always wanted to give Callaway irons a real shot, but have bounced between Mizuno and Ping since high school (ever since I replaced my trusty/childhood dream Cleveland VAS 😖 with i3 Blades). The only thing that would hold me back is if the testing and reviews absolutely need to happen in February (I could always be the 🥶 mats-only test case). 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

1 hour ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

If the Apex Pro irons come up as a test opportunity, then there's a very good chance I'm going to blow it early... Always wanted to give Callaway irons a real shot, but have bounced between Mizuno and Ping since high school (ever since I replaced my trusty/childhood dream Cleveland VAS 😖 with i3 Blades). The only thing that would hold me back is if the testing and reviews absolutely need to happen in February (I could always be the 🥶 mats-only test case). 

Don't hold your breath. Callaway and Mizuno are very stingy with iron tests in my experience. If you search the official reviews you will find only 1 single test of cally irons in 2017 and they were G.I. irons.

P G410 LST | C King F7 | C SuperHybrid | T 818 H2 | S Z785 | C ZipCore | Bettinardi SS38 armlock

4 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

Don't hold your breath. Callaway and Mizuno are very stingy with iron tests in my experience. If you search the official reviews you will find only 1 single test of cally irons in 2017 and they were G.I. irons.

Yea, I'm not actually expecting it to happen... I know Callaway does their own product tester sourcing through the Callaway Community (including the new Apex line recently), and their terms say that if you're selected, you have to return the clubs within 7 days (which would be a definite "no" for me this time of year). I'm just slightly hopeful because they had something good come through MGS in both '17 and '19. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10, 60.06

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Grip

6 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

1) Testing definitely won't happen in February.  We typically don't start them until April timeframe so we can try and include as much of the country as possible.

2) We don't have commitments from Callaway for anything at this point, but that doesn't mean something won't or will happen.  It's still a bit early for those commitments. 

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

43 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

1) Testing definitely won't happen in February.  We typically don't start them until April timeframe so we can try and include as much of the country as possible.

2) We don't have commitments from Callaway for anything at this point, but that doesn't mean something won't or will happen.  It's still a bit early for those commitments. 

Yes please! 🤣  It was love at first sight if I'm being honest...

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

A big congrats to @GB13 for winning the survivor pool! With Baltimore loosing and I have opponents playing against each other I sadly can't make the superbowl and it will be my 3rd strike, which leaves GB with only 1 actual strike the whole season! Impressive to say the least. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

7 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

A big congrats to @GB13 for winning the survivor pool! With Baltimore loosing and I have opponents playing against each other I sadly can't make the superbowl and it will be my 3rd strike, which leaves GB with only 1 actual strike the whole season! Impressive to say the least. 

Well Jaime, GB would take strikes because he's out of teams. Therefore, if you get through this week, you'll tie.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

23 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well Jaime, GB would take strikes because he's out of teams. Therefore, if you get through this week, you'll tie.

Technically yes, but given he has the 1 true strike i believe he would deserve the true win. Not getting a strike till week 15 is awfully impressive.

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Technically yes, but given he has the 1 true strike i believe he would deserve the true win. Not getting a strike till week 15 is awfully impressive.

Maybe I should have been placing bets.🙂 But either way, I enjoyed the survivor pool, it was a fun side game.

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

• 1 month later...

So anyone have a spot open in a dynasty league team that needs a new owner? 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020