Titleist Introduces New Tour Speed Ball

Our Sponsors

I just switched from the PV1 to ZStar, so it's going to take a lot to get me to switch back. Though if this is a firm ball at the "tour level" I'm interested. The Tour Soft was a disappointment.

And also isn't this level already home to the AVX??

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

My guess is that this ball is intended for people who don't really follow equipment/balls that closely and don't want to pay for Pro V's.  I guess we'll have to see if there is a full review/comparison, but I'd bet that these will perform worse than the options from Bridgestone and Srixon at about the same price. For people in the know, there doesn't seem to be any upside here other than the titleist name. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, Zimbo Slice 12 said:

I guess that's just the upcharge you pay for the Titleist name then.

ProV ($50) vs Z-Star ($40) in the tour category and Tour Speed ($40) vs Q-Star and Q-Star Tour ($30) in the upper mid-market category

I have just always refused to pay that premium just for the name on the cover

This understates the price differences as Srixon balls are often on sale.  In June, I got two dozen Z Stars for $20 a dozen as part of their BOGO sale.

• :ping-small: G Driver 10.5 Aldila Alta Regular Flex 55
  • :cobra-small: S2 5 wood Fujikura 65 FW Regular Shaft
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrids 21 and 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at D4 settings
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft
  • :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length
  • Golf ball :srixon-small: Z Star
On 8/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, Tsmithjr9 said:

I just switched from the PV1 to ZStar, so it's going to take a lot to get me to switch back. Though if this is a firm ball at the "tour level" I'm interested. The Tour Soft was a disappointment.

And also isn't this level already home to the AVX??

Take Dead Aim

That is a question I had.  How is this new ball different from the AVX.

• :ping-small: G Driver 10.5 Aldila Alta Regular Flex 55
  • :cobra-small: S2 5 wood Fujikura 65 FW Regular Shaft
  • :titelist-small: H818 Hybrids 21 and 25 degrees Tensei ck Series 60 HY regular flex shafts at D4 settings
  • :titelist-small: 718 AP1 irons 6-gap Tensei ck Series AMC IR regular flex bent two degrees flat
  • :vokey-small: SM 7 Wedge 58 degrees M grind with 8 bounce Steel shafts wedge flex
  • :ping-small: Glide 3 52.12 and 56.14 with  Alta CB Red Regular Flex shaft
  • :cameron-small: Select Newport 2 putter 34 inch length
  • Golf ball :srixon-small: Z Star

$40 a dozen though.  I'll keep my Maxfli Tours and Spalding SD Tours.

• Like 1

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

How does the Titleist Tour Speed compare to Taylormade Tour Reponse.  Both a tier down than their big brother golf ball in their respective brands.

Taylormade Original One Mini, 13.4 deg, Reg Shaft

Taylormade Sim Draw 5-Wood

Taylormade M4 4-Hybrid

Taylormade P790 Irons (5i-AW)

Cleveland 3.0 C Wedge

Cleveland CBX2 54 Deg

Cleveland 3.0 S Wedge

Odyssey EXO Indianapolis Putter

This summer I started  playing the Srixon QStar Tour and was really liking them. I saw the Tour Speed at my local range and decided to give them a try. So far I'm  really like liking the ball its a little longer than the Srixon, plays really well around the green I usually get 6"-12" of roll out after it hits. Previously my ball of choice was Snell but I decided to try something different to see if there was a ball around same price point that I could get locally. After saying all of that i'd have to say I am torn between going back to Snell or starting to play the Tour Speed. 

• Like 1

Decided to try these out. Just from my garage hitting bay, all I can say is holy smokes they come off hot. Even on the putter, they seem to really jump off the face. 

Will be playing a round with them today. Will try and follow up with distance and spin feedback.

• Like 2
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

Titleist still hasn’t addressed my issue with the cuts and scuffs. They asked for pics and left me on read like a girl putting me in the friend zone.
I’m pretty disappointed with the response.
Looks like I’ll be buying non-Titleist balls from here out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore

I have tried a handful of new balls from Titleist, Bridgestone, Callaway, Taylormade, and RZN. I keep coming back to Srixon XVs based on personal performance, and MGS testing. They spin as much as you want, they’re long, and they’re durable for much less than ProV1. But, being a golf junkie I bought 2 sleeves of Tour Speeds yesterday, so I’ll give them a shot soon. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce