Golfspy_CG2

It All Began With A Twitter Rant-4 Years Later I'm Still Here!

Our Sponsors

Rob, you are truly a class person (notice I did not say act as you are genuine, no BS at all) and I am proud to count you among my friends.  More importantly I am proud that you number me among your friends.  Thank you and also thanks to each of you who make this place truly unique.  There's no place like home!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

Congrats on 4 years. I have no idea what my count is but it is a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

How's that for a click-bait tile? But it's true.  My MGS Anniversary and story. 
Four years ago this week, I was browsing my Twitter timeline, when I saw a Tweet thread by MyGolfSpy and it got pretty heated. It wasn't your typical forged vs cast debate---shameless plug for this weeks NPG episode. It was deeper than that. While I can't recall exactly what everyone was so worked up about, they were definitely piling on MGS for a story or take it had put out. Like most times when we witness a car crash, we slow down to take a look...we know we shouldn't and we probably say we don't, but we all know we do. Anyway, I digress, I logged onto the site to see what all the fuss was about.
As I said, I honestly don't recall the topic, but what I found was a very well written story with tons of inside information that I had not seen the likes of from the current forum I was on, even though it had contacts with all the companies as well, they had never written a true piece of journalism like this. So I was hooked, I read several past articles, and not once did I find anything that I thought was false, untrue or inflammatory as the twitter trolls were calling it.   Again all I found were great articles, by Tony Covey, John Barba, Dave Wolfe and Chris Nickel  And four years later, they are all still pumping out the best golf writing in the business. 
Then I found my way to the forum, and what I found really hit home.  A very welcoming and friendly place.  It seemed to be led by guys like [mention=16651]revkev[/mention] [mention=4209]hckymeyer[/mention] ( who was the Forum Director along with [mention=2876]GolfSpy Barbajo[/mention] )  [mention=156]fozcycle[/mention] [mention=42521]Kenny B[/mention][mention=604]Jmikecpa[/mention][mention=291]chisag[/mention]  [mention=56939]jlukes[/mention] [mention=4547]DawgDaddy[/mention] and of course [mention=4406]BIG STU[/mention]  Each one of these members and the others set a tone, I had never seen on a discussion board before, and I was part of the two other big ones as well.   It was a friendly, non confrontational tone.  I felt welcomed and at home right from the start.
In all honestly the forum wasn't near as big those four short years ago, and content was not as plentiful as it is now. True story, I told someone just this week, that I could log on and read all new posts and threads in less than 30 minutes or an hour.  And that's not a testament to my speed reading skills...ha 
Over the next few months, I started noticing some names from the other forums coming on board, some I had interacted with for several years such as  [mention=67397]ole gray[/mention] [mention=15174]cnosil[/mention] and [mention=2567]PMookie[/mention] and a few I 'recruited"   Going back to the lack of new threads.  During those early months, I would often go back and find a thread from a year or several years ago and comment on it just  to stoke new conversation.  Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't   In a ironic twist,  [mention=73629]GolfSpy STUDque[/mention] who joined about a year later, kind of did the same thing, but in a more weekly time theme of for #ThowBackThursday, and had fun reading the responses to old threads that some didn't notice the original date on.
I was fortunate that in December 2017, the site posted an opening for a couple Moderators.  I applied like I'm sure many of you did.  After a several stage application and virtual interview process,  I and Studque got the email, to start picking out our @Golfspy_names  I was stoked!  Then just a year later came the opportunity to be Forum Director, again Studque and I both got to split the duties of running the forum.  The opportunity to really have a direct hand in the things the forum does from Forum Testing. contests and other cool content is something we both enjoy and are appreciative of. 
We had to bring on a moderator to help us and we sorted through dozen and dozens of applications.  It was impossible to choose just one, and we had a true half dozen finalist that all would have been great.  But [mention=64519]GolfSpy Stroker[/mention] and [mention=58668]GolfSpy MPR[/mention] stood out and I can honestly say, the forum would't be doing nearly as well and have so many cool things going on without these two.   Most of you have no idea the amount of time and effort they put in behind the scenes to keep things functioning and running well here.  Thanks guys, I'm truly lucky to get to work with  three talented and dedicated guys as you all are. 
So I promise this isn't a "phase 1" of a long drawn out post...ha  It's already long enough.
I'll just end by saying this place has been my internet home for the past four years, and I've enjoyed every single moment of it. In away everyone that contributes here whether it's 20 posts a year or 3,000 posts a year....looking at you [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention]    is like another family to me. 
And I truly appreciate you all! 

Congrats on the 4 years but more importantly, thanks for all that you and the other mod's do to make this the best online forum.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Glad to have you leading the way Rob.  I think @GolfSpy STUDque ‘s beard and the posts of him chasing the Bigfoot on bicycle... oh wait that was a dream...... anyways we need to get a round in before too long.

Very much appreciate you Sir.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Congrats on the 4 years Rob. Thanks for all the effort in keeping this place running so smoothly. Hopefully I'll get to tee it up with you somewhere down the road. Unfortunately my very loose plans for a US trip have been pushed back indefinitely. 

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Rob, thanks to you and all the mods for everything you do to make this the greatest forum on the internet.  We're lucky to have you here!

• Like 5

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

@Golfspy_CG2  get back to work,  setup some golf get togethers, moderate the forum!!!!

• Haha 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

@Golfspy_CG2  get back to work,  setup some golf get togethers, moderate the forum!!!!

LOL!  And don't you have some clubs to be testing 🙂    But yes a late summer/September outing is definitely in order.

• Like 3

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

LOL!  And don't you have some clubs to be testing     But yes a late summer/September outing is definitely in order.

I was just coordinating times for my GI iron testing. And for the record I am ahead of schedule 7 of 12 sessions complete!
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I truly believe things happen for a reason and you being selected for one of those Mod positions back when was destined to happen.  You are a great leader buddy and I'm not surprised in the least  how far you've come.  Congrats on your four years and looking forward to seeing many more as MGS continues to soar!  

• Like 6

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Wow, we are all honored to have you along with us for the ride. ALL of us appreciate everything you and the other moderators do. Thank you for your time and energy..

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 8/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, DawgDaddy said:

Rob, you are truly a class person (notice I did not say act as you are genuine, no BS at all) and I am proud to count you among my friends.  More importantly I am proud that you number me among your friends.  Thank you and also thanks to each of you who make this place truly unique.  There's no place like home!!!

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

I truly believe things happen for a reason and you being selected for one of those Mod positions back when was destined to happen.  You are a great leader buddy and I'm not surprised in the least  how far you've come.  Congrats on your four years and looking forward to seeing many more as MGS continues to soar!  

Thank you both. The kind words coming from you two mean alot.  We all go back further than these 4 years. 

Randy, I'll never forget the true Southern Gentleman hospitality you shows me during that round at PGA National many years ago.   It was a special day.  But man was it wet out there.   Ha

Bill, the round with you and Kelly Bo and her friend, definitely a round with plain good ole folk.  I mean how many times does a woman I've never met jump in my lap to share a cart ride with me and say.  "This is the way we do things down here!" 👍

Truly appreciate both your friendships. 

• Like 7

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I proudly tell anyone that will listen...THIS IS MY HOME FOR GOLF !

And Rob you're one of the many reasons I am here, thank you for 4 years of dedicated service!Congratulations GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG