MGS ball test 202X?

Has anyone talked to Tony or any of the other staffers about if /when MGS will do another ball test? It wasn't really a most wanted, and balls generally have a couple year cycle. So I wouldn't think every year, but maybe every couple years?

But now that we have new Bridgestone, new Callaway and a new pro V coming I was just curious. Maybe next spring? 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

1 hour ago, Thin2win said:

Has anyone talked to Tony or any of the other staffers about if /when MGS will do another ball test? It wasn't really a most wanted, and balls generally have a couple year cycle. So I wouldn't think every year, but maybe every couple years?

But now that we have new Bridgestone, new Callaway and a new pro V coming I was just curious. Maybe next spring? 

Tony actually posted today that the ball test would be coming soon now that they have data. He also went on to say that Callaway would be the first dataset released since they kinda sparked the whole Ball Lab idea with their horrible QC issues in recent months.

https://twitter.com/GolfSpyT/status/1291137266392457217?s=20

edit: not sure why it won't embed the tweet, sorry you have to click if you want to read it

• Like 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Tensei AV Raw Blue

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Tony actually posted today that the ball test would be coming soon now that they have data. He also went on to say that Callaway would be the first dataset released since they kinda sparked the whole Ball Lab idea with their horrible QC issues in recent months.
https://twitter.com/GolfSpyT/status/1291137266392457217?s=20

edit: not sure why it won't embed the tweet, sorry you have to click if you want to read it

I think he was referring to the same test they did last year. #Balllab seems to be more about QC of balls...size, core position, weight, compression, etc.
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out after the release of the new Pro V1 line. Considering they're still widely considered the golf ball gold standard, it would seem like a mistake not to include the new versions.

:mizuno-small: ST 200 9.5°, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 S

:mizuno-small: ST 200 3w 15°, Diamana S+ 60 S

:srixon-small: Z H85 3h 19°, Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 6.0

:taylormade-small: P770 (2017) 4-PW, KBS Tour FLT 120 S

:vokey-small: SM8 50.08F, 54.14F, 58.08M, KBS Tour S

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Fetch 34"

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Yeah there are two different things MGS is doing now. Ball lab and the ball test. Ball lab is more about QC and is probably easier for them to do as it just involves measurements and cutting. No testers to get in and out. Ball lab seems like something that would be ongoing as new products are released, just something to "keep up" with, whereas ball reading will probably be only every couple years due to the amount of work involved

Edited by ChitownM2
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm talking about ball testing. I was guessing every couple years, but was just curious if anyone else had heard otherwise. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5° - Fujikura Pro

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 20.5° Utility - Catalyst X

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i - Recoils

Wedges:   :callaway-small:  Mac Daddy Forged 52° , 56°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+