TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is the golf season over already?

pooley7

So, today I got an email from the pro at my club - winter studio memberships available. That’s the indoor GC Quad launch monitor/simulator to you and me.

On the one hand, great, thinks I. I’m going to do that and work on my game.

Rapidly followed by: shute, does that mean the season is nearly over? Again!

Oh well. I’ll keep working at it and maybe NEXT year I’ll get my handicap down...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB: Driver - Ping G400 Max 9 Degree, VA Slay X-Stiff Shaft   5 Wood - Ping 18 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaft   Irons - 4 & 5 Mizuno MP20 HMB, 5 to PW, Mizuno MP20 MMC, KBS C Taper Lite Stiff Shafts + 1 inch 1 degrees upright   Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright  Putter - Ping Sigma2 Tyne 35"

Winter sets in early here; I'm grateful when we can play in October. But yesterday, as I was on the practice green, I had to move a leaf from my line. That's an ominous sign. Then I looked around and saw the first hints of color on the trees of the course.

It's still a bit too early for me to roll out the, "But dear, I have to go play; it could be the last round before the course closes" routine. But that day is getting too close already.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

My season's actually going to be *longer* this year, but not for the best of reasons. I usually stop playing in mid-September due to marching band season, as a member of our town's music association board and a parent chaperone, I'm usually travelling with the kids every weekend throughout New England until Nationals in mid-November, when I can get a few more rounds in depending on the weather. Sadly, due to COVID the in-person competition season has been cancelled, so I'll have a lot more time to golf this year. 

On the good side, there will be a "virtual" season so the kids will be competing via video, which will allow them to go up against schools they normally wouldn't due to regional travel differences. So that's cool... and I get to golf more!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I dread when the 7am tee time becomes 7:30... or worse, 8...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

For me, the real golf season doesn't start until the fall.  I play most of my golf during the fall months when the courses are less crowded because people don't want to be out in the cooler weather and would rather be inside watching football (American football, not real football).

I will often look at when the kickoff for the Ohio State game is and will play my tee time accordingly.  I can usually get out when there is no one on the course and knock out 18 holes in less than 3 hours.  I love it.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

6 minutes ago, ZenGolfer said:

For me, the real golf season doesn't start until the fall.  I play most of my golf during the fall months when the courses are less crowded because people don't want to be out in the cooler weather and would rather be inside watching football (American football, not real football).

I will often look at when the kickoff for the Ohio State game is and will play my tee time accordingly.  I can usually get out when there is no one on the course and knock out 18 holes in less than 3 hours.  I love it.

I feel the same way, I love fall and winter golf. It's less crowded on the course and is a time I can really get out and enjoy all the sights and sounds of nature. College football season is great, when there's a Tennessee Vols game on, the course is practically dead. It doesn't bother me to miss seeing the game, I can listen to it on the radio just as well. 

The mornings are starting to get a little cooler. Hopefully the fall goes long like last year and stays mild. Upside the simulator down the street is awesome and is BYOB so will have plenty of computer rounds! Would prefer to move to the Carolinas though

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 8/7/2020 at 8:26 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I feel the same way, I love fall and winter golf. It's less crowded on the course and is a time I can really get out and enjoy all the sights and sounds of nature. College football season is great, when there's a Tennessee Vols game on, the course is practically dead. It doesn't bother me to miss seeing the game, I can listen to it on the radio just as well. 

Amen.  I love my Wisconsin Badgers but I think that I love golf more.  If theres anything that COVID has taught me its that I don't need sports in my life as much as I once thought I did.  I love college football, the NFL, soccer and Formula 1 but if my choice is stay home and watch sports on TV or go play golf, Im playing golf and I will record my sports to watch later.

There was a time when if my sports watching schedule conflicted with golf, I simply would golf some other time or not golf that day.

I know that Im in the minority here and that most people are dying for live sports but Im good.  Im sure that my coworkers are tired of me telling them every time that they whine about no sports and how theyre bored to either get a hobby or read a book. LOL

Edited by ZenGolfer

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X