Eliminate the DQ for an incorrect scorecard on the PGA Tour

Our Sponsors

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I still continue to believe that one of the best things about golf is that the same set of rules apply to all golfers.  To change the scoring requirement would be a first step towards bifurcation.  Beyond that, where do you draw the line?  At which level of competition does the penalty change? 

The general principle regarding penalty strokes is that the penalty for an infraction should be greater than the advantage a player might gain from the infraction.  In this case, a player might win a tournament by posting a wrong score.  I think a DQ is the appropriate penalty, given the potential advantage.  Its simply not that difficult to get the score right.

Oh, its also important to remember that if you post an incorrect score because you unknowingly committed an infraction, you do NOT get the DQ, you simply get those penalty strokes added to the score you posted.  That was changed for the 2019 rules, decreasing the penalty from DQ.

I honestly was not aware of that last rule change, thank you for clarifying Dave.

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, but if a team's scorer messes up the scoring, the team doesn't get an automatic L.

I don't care one way or the other but: Not every player is recorded Rules officials aren't with every group. why do you think there is zero question on what a player shot?  

With Cameron Tringale being DQ'd from the PGA Championship today for signing an incorrect scorecard, I want to ask: why in the world is this still a rule on the PGA Tour? In my opinion, this a rule th