TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pro's should act like Pro's

So here's my rant for today. We are golfers and enjoy watching the elite of the game make shots we all dream of making  and try to win tournaments. To me there is nothing worse than watching a select few of the elite throw temper tantrums. We have seen clubs thrown, clubs snapped in half on purpose, clubs thrown in the water. Putters slammed into the greens. Wedges slamed into the side of greens when missing a sand shot. Spitting on the greens.

I know there have been some fines inforced in some instances, but these guys have money and probably don't care about the fine. They get their equipment for free and have it replaced within the same day.  So they dont care about the equipment either. We all get disappointed when we hit a bad shot. What can be done to get these guys to act professionally on television? They are setting a poor example of how a "Gentlemens Game" should be portrayed.

Yes I know " Gentlemens Game" is old school terminology, so lets just say they should act with respect for the game. Maybe the media should talk more about the cost of the fines and embarrased them.

Maybe the golfer should be forced to play the rest of the tournment without that club if it was done on purpose.

Ok , my rant is over. How do you feel about this?

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Baseball players slam helmets, throw bats, hit water coolers and throw their helmets. Football players slam helmets, toss water coolers. Tennis players slam rackets. Hockey players slam sticks and swat the board with them. Golf is no different. They are all humans and humans have emotions and it gets let out a little too much sometimes.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yeah, we all should keep our temper, but I’ve been known to get pissed during a round and cuss a bit. I can’t ask more of them than of myself. I don’t throw clubs, or damage greens/bunkers, but I have said a few choice words. Rare, and never with people I don’t know, but I’ve done it around friends.

They're human.... I sure am glad no one follows me around with a camera!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yeah, we all should keep our temper, but I’ve been known to get pissed during a round and cuss a bit. I can’t ask more of them than of myself. I don’t throw clubs, or damage greens/bunkers, but I have said a few choice words. Rare, and never with people I don’t know, but I’ve done it around friends.
They're human.... I sure am glad no one follows me around with a camera!!!!

If I got fined for swearing I’d be broke
Like you only around people I know and mostly in jest.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

First I do hold the professional golfers to a higher standard. I have zero tolerance for a player spitting in the cup and/or a player taking a divot on a green with their putter in a fit of anger. I get mad and maybe cuss but I don't do anything that could affect group playing behind me or cause irreparable damage to the course. Have many times witnessed friends who have broke clubs  during a round. Even as competitive as I feel I am  I have never broke a golf club or thrown one. Was taught by my dad that if I was ever caught throwing a club I would never play again. It stuck with me. In high school similar rule, any club throwing and your risk sitting out and not getting to play for long time. I guess people handle emotions different but I just vent a little and move on mainly talking under my breath to myself. I did play other sports in younger days. Several times bounced a basketball very hard (got technical called), I have thrown a football helmet into ground (but you can't hurt a football helmet), never broke a wooden baseball bat (I was afraid I would hurt myself) but I have always viewed golf as different -- it's the game above all games. Etiquette, honor and integrity are its cornerstones. So I handle stress/frustrations a little different with golf than the other sports I played. 

Pro golfers, and to a greater extent pro athletes, are all humans, just like the rest of us. The only difference is they have the potential to make a lot of money doing what amounts to a hobby for the rest of us for a living. Humans are prone to letting their emotions get the better of them. We've all been there. And I bet we all are glad there isn't a camera on us when it happens. The idea that they have to completely eliminate their human reactions when they get frustrated/angry is an impossible request. I do agree that it is unacceptable for anyone to damage the golf course and yes there are several players who could stand to get their emotions better under control, but I don't think that just because they're professional athletes that we should expect them to be immune from human responses to situations, or be held above human emotion.

I also find it interesting how opinions differ on these things from player to player. Bryson is a polarizing player and I've seen so many people chastising him consistently for weeks for some of his outbursts on the course this year, some deserved, some not, and yet Jon Rahm blows up on a photographer on Friday and no one even says anything about it. It's almost like it never happened. Shane Lowry got caught snapping a shaft over his knee after hitting a bad shot and there are people giving him a total pass cause he's likable. Had it been Bryson or Patrick Reed, we'd be getting hot takes for weeks about it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Sure, we all have tempers and I certainly cuss a lot on the course.

But I would never damage private property (greens, ball washers, carts, etc) and my clubs were paid with hard-earned money so wasting money to replace a club doesn't appeal to me.

I guess it's harder to control yourself when you know there won't be any financial repercussions.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Worse than the actions...wasn't it Bryson (or Rahm) that had a temper tantrum and had it out with a photographer for filming it because if people saw it it would "hurt his brand"?  Really shows they think they are entitled to do it and it should be condoned without repercussions.

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

3 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Sure, we all have tempers and I certainly cuss a lot on the course.

But I would never damage private property (greens, ball washers, carts, etc) and my clubs were paid with hard-earned money so wasting money to replace a club doesn't appeal to me.

I guess it's harder to control yourself when you know there won't be any financial repercussions.

Yup, I'm going with this one right here. You're entitled and you feel like you can do whatever you want. I don't mind golfers getting upset, it's their livelihood on the line. But berating the people around them, and messing up the course? That's BS behavior. If I got mad at work and broke something on purpose, I'd be in DEEP trouble (if not unemployed afterwards).

1 hour ago, EEZurg said:

Worse than the actions...wasn't it Bryson (or Rahm) that had a temper tantrum and had it out with a photographer for filming it because if people saw it it would "hurt his brand"?  Really shows they think they are entitled to do it and it should be condoned without repercussions.

That was Bryson, showing the world he's not anywhere close to being as smart as he thinks he is. Between his whining about being allowed to play slow, and the cameraman incident, he quickly dropped down my list of golfers to watch. Don't care how far he hits it. That behavior shows his character.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Slamming of the clubs/damaging the course I do not like, actually I can’t stand it. Same goes for the other sports throwing helmets etc. doesn’t sit well with me. 
Swear all you want I know I do! But destruction of things nah can’t get on board with that either.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

As a teenager into my early 20s I had a horrible temper on the golf course. I snapped clubs by slamming them into the ground, even broke a stand bag once. I had several playing partner tell me they couldn't deal with my schiz any more and quit playing with me.

Anymore I feel like there is a line. It's one thing to drop a putter or iron after a horrendous shot, or even curse quickly under your breath at yourself (or ball). All that old behavior of mine is and was unacceptable. More importantly we need to learn to put that bad shot out of our minds before the next one compounds the issue.

On to the pros. I like to see and hear some humanity out of these guys. That's also why I'm disappointed TV broadcasts haven't changed during the pandemic and guys aren't miced up. Anyway I think most of this behavior makes these guys look like spoiled brats. When they launch a club into a lake, or bust the head off a wood or putter. You are a professional and you know it's not the clubs fault.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Slamming of the clubs/damaging the course I do not like, actually I can’t stand it. Same goes for the other sports throwing helmets etc. doesn’t sit well with me. 
Swear all you want I know I do! But destruction of things nah can’t get on board with that either.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Obviously players should not damage the course, not only does it look bad but could be unfair for anyone following them. That being said I don't think that is limited to just professional players I've seen many an amateur do it as well.

But I do think it is a little bit silly to expect these players to not show emotion, they are playing for their livelihoods. Again I've seen people freak out over a golf shots that are worth $0. can you imagine what it would feel like to shank a $100,000 shot?

I would also contend that , although we may condemn it publicly, we love to see these emotional outbursts. People love drama look no further than soap operas and reality TV. Look at the push to mic up more players, we want more personality and more individualism from these players. We certainly wouldn't want every player to have an emotional outburst all the time,, but the fact that a couple of them do adds to the entertainment, it gives us something to talk about, and it gives us someone to root for or against.

I realize that I'm rambling, but I guess my point is whether or not you think a player is right or wrong in having the outburst, them having it increases your participation, investment, and potential enjoyment of watching the game.

Lefty

Epic flash 9*+2* HZRDS smoke stiff 60g

T100s/200 combo project x LZ 6.5  125g std length 2* upright 

Is it wrong that a part of me thinks it's just fine 🤣.  

As has been stated, they get exasperated like we all do but most are able to keep it under control.  Some have developed a reputation for not acting professional...or even mature.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played with my kids last weekend and they noticed a golf grip in the pond near the 9th green.  I told them if they look closer they will see more of the club.  We all had a good laugh.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

• 4 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Maybe the golfer should be forced to play the rest of the tournment without that club if it was done on purpose.

I love this idea, you start the tournament with 14 clubs and have to complete the tournament with those same clubs, no swap outs, not replacements. Will make them think a little more about throwing or snapping a club in anger and also when near a tree if the risk of going for the shot outweighs losing that club for the rest of the tournament. 

33 minutes ago, Jedaigeki said:

I love this idea, you start the tournament with 14 clubs and have to complete the tournament with those same clubs, no swap outs, not replacements. Will make them think a little more about throwing or snapping a club in anger and also when near a tree if the risk of going for the shot outweighs losing that club for the rest of the tournament. 

Then they would need to change the rules of golf. What happens if there’s something they can’t see like a hidden root and it damages a club.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

A club that is damaged outside the course of normal play cannot be replaced, so if you damage it in anger you can't use it or replace it during that round. 

I understand the emotions, and I used to be rather demonstrative, but I do agree with holding professionals to a higher standard. I know they get fined (and I think it's BS that fines are kept secret), but I would at least assess a penalty stroke for any action that damages the course.

It's not a new thing to this generation, it's just televised now. There are two old quotes I love (and I apologize because I know I don't have them exact): Bobby Jones: "Golf generates such powerful emotions that they cannot be sustained with the club still in one's hands.", and Tommy Bolt (I think): "Always throw the club forward down the fairway, so you don't have to walk backward to get it."

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

A club that is damaged outside the course of normal play cannot be replaced, so if you damage it in anger you can't use it or replace it during that round. 

Rules have changed while you can’t replace a club damaged in anger it can be used or repaired

Under Rule 4.1:

A player is allowed to keep using and/or to repair any club damaged during the round, no matter what the damage and even if the player damaged it in anger.
A player is not allowed to replace a damaged club, except when it is damaged during the round by an outside influence or natural forces or by someone other than the player or his or her caddie.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules-hub/rules-modernization/major-changes/adding-clubs-to-replace-a-club-damaged-during-round.html

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sport is a reflection of life: and competition brings our humanity to the forefront. Sometimes life’s not fair, sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we do the right thing and get punished for it. Golf reflects life and sometimes life can be a little rough.

Life is full of cheaters, hot heads, amazing people you give your right hand for, etc. why should golf be any different? There’s people you love and people you can’t stand, and your reasoning for both is your own. No one who plays golf is unfamiliar with the f-bomb, as it belongs amongst our other favorite four letter words. And I’m a connoisseur of fine club tosses and club snapping, as I’ve done both myself. I would never spit in a cup or damage a green, as that affects everyone else. I’m not gonna hold a professional to higher standard than I hold myself.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Seems as though the days of athletes, movie stars, politicians or captains of industry as role models or good examples are largely long gone. All we can do is hope that “erosion” doesn’t accelerate? At least golf hasn’t fallen as far as most other sports. And frankly fans are stoking the behavior, fans behavior in the gallery has eroded dramatically too, and many fans applaud and support bad behavior when it’s directed at another team. All you can do is support the behaviors you want to see, and let the chips fall. I won’t watch the WMS tournament, and I don’t root for Bryson or Sergio - but I don’t pretend to influence anyone else. Legislating manners isn’t an option...first world problems anyway.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

Rules have changed while you can’t replace a club damaged in anger it can be used or repaired

Under Rule 4.1:

A player is allowed to keep using and/or to repair any club damaged during the round, no matter what the damage and even if the player damaged it in anger.
A player is not allowed to replace a damaged club, except when it is damaged during the round by an outside influence or natural forces or by someone other than the player or his or her caddie.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules-hub/rules-modernization/major-changes/adding-clubs-to-replace-a-club-damaged-during-round.html

Thanks for the update! There's a reason I'm not a rules official.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Seems as though the days of athletes, movie stars, politicians or captains of industry as role models or good examples are long gone. All we can do is hope that “erosion” doesn’t accelerate? At least golf hasn’t fallen as far as most other sports. And frankly fans are stoking the behavior, fans behavior in the gallery as eroded dramatically too, and many fans applaud and support bad behavior when it’s directed at another team. All you can do is support the behaviors you want to see, and let the chips fall. I won’t watch the WMS tournament, and I don’t root for Bryson or Sergio - but I don’t pretend to influence anyone else. Legislating manners isn’t an option...first world problems anyway.

Well said

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So here's my rant for today. We are golfers and enjoy watching the elite of the game make shots we all dream of making  and try to win tournaments. To me there is nothing worse than watching a select few of the elite throw temper tantrums. We have seen clubs thrown, clubs snapped in half on purpose, clubs thrown in the water. Putters slammed into the greens. Wedges slamed into the side of greens when missing a sand shot. Spitting on the greens.

I know there have been some fines inforced in some instances, but these guys have money and probably don't care about the fine. They get their equipment for free and have it replaced within the same day.  So they dont care about the equipment either. We all get disappointed when we hit a bad shot. What can be done to get these guys to act professionally on television? They are setting a poor example of how a "Gentlemens Game" should be portrayed.

Yes I know " Gentlemens Game" is old school terminology, so lets just say they should act with respect for the game. Maybe the media should talk more about the cost of the fines and embarrased them.

Ok , my rant is over. How do you feel about this?

Your thoughts and or feelings are NOT that far off the mark.  In fact, I'd offer that they are pretty much spot on. 

For me, I harken back to my participation in High School and College athletics.  I was fortunate, something that kids of later generations were not as fortunate with, to have coaches that always preached the mantra "Play like you've been there before... Act like a champion, be a champion!"   The unfortunate thing we are seeing in Golf isn't too much different than what we see play out on a daily basis in society.  

Frankly, I think that getting disappointed and or upset is part of the game we love so much.  NO ONE has ever perfected it.  NO ONE!  So knowing that, a player must go through the process of a round expecting highs and lows.  When the lows hit, it doesn't do you any good to flip out and or act like you're a two year old.  Great article on Golf Digest I read about Tyrell Hatton.  I'll include the link below.  His Caddy had the best response to his players complaints about Grass and or a bad shot.  Grass, "Do you think Tiger complains about the grass at the various courses he plays at?  No.   You want to be the best you need to be able to play it anywhere!"  Bad Shot, "Who hit it there?  Get on with it and hit your next shot better!"  

Point being, golf has its good and it's bad as far as how it's viewed.  The whole Gentlemen's game comments being viewed as elitist etc.  Personally, I think its all a farce.  Should golf be more accessible to the masses, yes.  Is it elitist, no!  Anyone who wants to can play the game.  But that even all said, there are rules for decorum and appropriate behavior.  And if you are playing a round with people you don't know or in front of people at a tournament, then for goodness sake you should have the common sense to understand that you shouldn't act a fool.  I guess with great money, though, common sense often is absent.  Sadly. 

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tyrrell-hatton-pga-tour-European-tour-world-rankings-top-10

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped swearing on the golf course a couple of years ago.  I was playing in a group and I missed a short putt.  Called myself a couple of bad names etc..  I really did not think too much of it at the time.  After the round was over one of the older players in the group pulled me aside and asked me if I had any idea how my little temper tantrum affected the rest of the group.  He explained to me that I was playing a game with other people and that my attitude, demeanor and language had an effect on the game of the others.  To be honest, I had not thought of it that way.  Now..I try to remember that my behavior not on reflects on me..but has an effect on those playing around me.

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter

On 1/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, deauxrite said:

I stopped swearing on the golf course a couple of years ago.  I was playing in a group and I missed a short putt.  Called myself a couple of bad names etc..  I really did not think too much of it at the time.  After the round was over one of the older players in the group pulled me aside and asked me if I had any idea how my little temper tantrum affected the rest of the group.  He explained to me that I was playing a game with other people and that my attitude, demeanor and language had an effect on the game of the others.  To be honest, I had not thought of it that way.  Now..I try to remember that my behavior not on reflects on me..but has an effect on those playing around me.

That’s funny, the guys I play with tell me the opposite. When I hit a bad shot one of three things come out of my mouth, dumbass, where are you going (usually a pull) or uh-oh. Most of them cuss after a bad shot, but it’s forgotten within seconds (as intended) - there are no outbursts or sulking after. Every once in a while they’ll tell me ‘you can get mad and cuss you know.’ Last time they did after I three putted, I gave them an MFer, they felt better...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

On 12/29/2020 at 12:41 PM, BNewton51 said:

And if you are playing a round with people you don't know or in front of people at a tournament, then for goodness sake you should have the common sense to understand that you shouldn't act a fool.  

Spot on!

I get to play a lot of golf for my company. Golf with customers, charity golf events, customer sponsored events and such. I know I am representing my company and to some extent have to be an entertainer. I want the people I'm with to have a good time and remember me in a good way. Too many times I have seen people get plastered, fall out of the cart, puke on the golf course. To think that they were representing their company leaves a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). Will I have a drink on the course with the customer, sure,  maybe one or two at the most. But I know I am representing my company and although I am playing golf I still am working to build a relationship. You don't want to be remembered for throwing clubs, cursing, having a temper tantrum or anything negative. When you hear people say that there is a lot of business done on the golf course, it's true, trust me.

But back to the Pro's.  They make a lot of money. They are on TV, and there are millions of people watching you. Act like a professional.      

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Spot on!

I get to play a lot of golf for my company. Golf with customers, charity golf events, customer sponsored events and such. I know I am representing my company and to some extent have to be an entertainer. I want the people I'm with to have a good time and remember me in a good way. Too many times I have seen people get plastered, fall out of the cart, puke on the golf course. To think that they were representing their company leaves a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). Will I have a drink on the course with the customer, sure,  maybe one or two at the most. But I know I am representing my company and although I am playing golf I still am working to build a relationship. You don't want to be remembered for throwing clubs, cursing, having a temper tantrum or anything negative. When you hear people say that there is a lot of business done on the golf course, it's true, trust me.

But back to the Pro's.  They make a lot of money. They are on TV, and there are millions of people watching you. Act like a professional.      

absolutely!

It's a cultural problem here in this country, if I'm being honest.  Where in the past this type of behavior was frowned upon, these day's it's promoted like it's a sign of their competitive prowess.  Frankly, I watch a guy do any of the above I instantly am turned off and will not support him.  I get the whole frustrations, but if you're THAT frustrated and angered then it begs the question why are you playing a professional sport?   More over, then I'd love to know WHY more of these companies aren't sitting back asking themselves is this really good for our brand?  Just blows my mid. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Sorry to hear about this.  This guy is a real grinder. 

Angel Cabrera: Two-time golf major winner arrested in Brazil - CNN

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I personally cannot stand when the camera zooms in on the person who has done something wrong or just had something bad happen. It applies to all sports in my opinion, the running back who just fumbled to zoom in on his face on the bench, the guard who missed the game winning shot and they leave the camera on them as they cry. I would rather watch the joy of success and victory than the ugly or sad side of failure and losing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app