TESTERS WANTED! ×

Inspirational

GolfSpy_SHARK

Didn’t find much in this from my quick look through. Sometimes we all need a push, inspirational quote or motivation. Golf, for me anyway, is the hardest sport I have played. It tests, like most sports, your mental and physical strength. 
i have seen so many posts discussing giving up the game or that someone has come back after a hiatus. I find myself sometimes looking at some professionals quotes and saying “wow that resonates with me”. I hope that maybe there will be some motivation for someone in this thread to keep the fire alive. I love golf and it fuels my competitive drive that I thought I lost after the military. I hope this thread keeps Atleast someone motivated or focused in the game we all love 

E6A3ABB6-8E24-400D-B624-2E5863C168D5.png.2543c69463a7cdb92faaa59c1c20ea57.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On an episode of No Laying Up, Padraig Harrington said, "Golf was never meant to be a fair game. It's meant to test your mental fortitude."

I found this a solid, helpful perspective. When things go wrong: that's the point of the game, to see how you respond.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

41 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

On an episode of No Laying Up, Padraig Harrington said, "Golf was never meant to be a fair game. It's meant to test your mental fortitude."

I found this a solid, helpful perspective. When things go wrong: that's the point of the game, to see how you respond.

It does that and then some it’s amazing how much mental plays into the game like a pitcher in baseball 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

My man! That's the perfect attitude for this game.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

41 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

My man! That's the perfect attitude for this game.

Take Dead Aim

Something about that tiger quote just hits in all cylinders for me

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

More of a story then a quote and I'm sure I've mentioned this story a few times on the forum  - it's more of a lesson on attitude then anything else. We have an older golfer at our Club, a Tuskegee Airman (shot down several times BTW in WW2), who I overheard talking to our Club Pro. He mentioned to him that his game was off a bit and thought he might need a couple of lessons. Talk about attitude/motivation - he's 95 and says he needs a couple of lessons. Guess you had to be there - but it's something I'll remember for a long time about attitude. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

27 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

More of a story then a quote and I'm sure I've mentioned this story a few times on the forum  - it's more of a lesson on attitude then anything else. We have an older golfer at our Club, a Tuskegee Airman (shot down several times BTW in WW2), who I overheard talking to our Club Pro. He mentioned to him that his game was off a bit and thought he might need a couple of lessons. Talk about attitude/motivation - he's 95 and says he needs a couple of lessons. Guess you had to be there - but it's something I'll remember for a long time about attitude. 

Never to old to ask for help

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 1 month later...

Always enjoyed the king's take on golf:

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul  and frustrates the intellect. It

The best game ever. Wish I started younger.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 1 month later...

I am a huge Zig Ziglar fan. I listen to him regularly. Id recommend Biscuits, Fleas and Pump Handles. Totally changed my mindset the first time I heard it. He says the reason most people don't reach their goals isn't lack of time, but lack of direction. Are you a meaningful specific or a wandering generality? 20200815_221431_0000.png.bd31ac1464922d3362e9c17f8230b571.png

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

7 hours ago, Crowev01 said:

I am a huge Zig Ziglar fan. I listen to him regularly. Id recommend Biscuits, Fleas and Pump Handles. Totally changed my mindset the first time I heard it. He says the reason most people don't reach their goals isn't lack of time, but lack of direction. Are you a meaningful specific or a wandering generality? 20200815_221431_0000.png.bd31ac1464922d3362e9c17f8230b571.png

I think people as a whole struggle with setting goals. Short or long term.

one of the most important skills I think I learned from military is that. I had a great chief that really hit that skill home for I think all of us in my division. Not only setting goals and achieving them but making sure those goals were realistic and a benefit to our overall being

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I think people as a whole struggle with setting goals. Short or long term.

one of the most important skills I think I learned from military is that. I had a great chief that really hit that skill home for I think all of us in my division. Not only setting goals and achieving them but making sure those goals were realistic and a benefit to our overall being

Right now I’m trying to talk my junior guys out of buying $60,000 trucks and cars... an ever growing problem.  They get them, drive them for a month and hate them.  Stuck with a $700 a month payment. 🤦🏼‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Stuck with a $700 a month payment.

If only they used that for a mortgage, but you see it every where unfortunately. Drive the flash vehicle and don't have a pot to piss in.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Right now I’m trying to talk my junior guys out of buying $60,000 trucks and cars... an ever growing problem.  They get them, drive them for a month and hate them.  Stuck with a $700 a month payment. 🤦🏼‍♂️

And around those areas on base dealerships know newer kids, just getting money are there. Credit is decent they’re going to get approved and rates are going to be jacked....but the kids don’t realize that if you get something realistic and save 400 bucks that 400 can go a long way if you get out. 
I actually sold my car before my first deployment didn’t buy another until I got out 😂 luckily deployed more than I was state side

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And around those areas on base dealerships know newer kids, just getting money are there. Credit is decent they’re going to get approved and rates are going to be jacked....but the kids don’t realize that if you get something realistic and save 400 bucks that 400 can go a long way if you get out. 
I actually sold my car before my first deployment didn’t buy another until I got out 😂 luckily deployed more than I was state side

Yep, the Nissan dealer has been rolling through the stock of some custom Titans.  Sweet looking trucks, but tip the scales at $65-68 grand.... I know because I stopped and looked at one, then immediately said “Holy &@$@ !!”

9 minutes ago, MattF said:

If only they used that for a mortgage, but you see it every where unfortunately. Drive the flash vehicle and don't have a pot to piss in.

Yep, my first mortgage was $633 per month.  Got me 1800 square feet, 1.5 acres and a nice half long home... it will far outlast any vehicle, well maybe, If the snow doesn’t crush the roof first.

20 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yep, my first mortgage was $633 per month.  Got me 1800 square feet, 1.5 acres and a nice half long home... it will far outlast any vehicle, well maybe, If the snow doesn’t crush the roof first.

I was never into owning flashy cars (My car thru high school was a free 1995 Dodge Neon stick shift, crank windows and all lol) I had seen friends get cars that were out of their budget and it really holds you back.

My Wife and I just bought our first house just before C19 hit and our 2nd daughter was born. The mortgage is a little on the high side ~$1200 (Can't wait to refi and get that down) but we have  just under a half acre in the city with an empty lot next to us we can purchase when we are ready and want to expand the yard(I know it will be there for us because its a thin lot same length as ours with no utilities or sewer). I wanted a big yard for our kids, their friends and cousins to play in. And where we are this lot is not typical, well above average lot its a 1400sqft brick ranch with finished basement on 0.4 acres (And a detatched garage for when the estrogen levels get too high in the house lol).

I guess its a good thing I never took a loan out for a Camaro like I wanted lol

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

I pay 185 a month for a Kia. I LOVE that little thing, but the payment is so irritating that I probably won't finance another. But a 60k truck? 💸

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

35 minutes ago, Crowev01 said:

I pay 185 a month for a Kia. I LOVE that little thing, but the payment is so irritating that I probably won't finance another. But a 60k truck? 💸

We're looking at getting a Sportage for the wife on Tuesday. about $150 or so a month.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just now, MattF said:

We're looking at getting a Sportage for the wife on Tuesday. about $150 or so a month.

Totally worth it. I have put almost 100k on my Forte with zero problems, just oil, tires and such. Probably just cursed it, but it's the best car I've ever had, and have driven everything from Chevy to Mercedes. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Cleveland 588 Wedges

• 3 months later...

Thought this was a good one42BDF2A9-ABBF-42A0-BF82-6651D2560F63.jpeg.bd131313b2a2c5663097aebc377fd4c5.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Thought this was a good one42BDF2A9-ABBF-42A0-BF82-6651D2560F63.jpeg.bd131313b2a2c5663097aebc377fd4c5.jpeg

Not a bad one though have not seen any cold tops in the water hazard 5 yards in front of him lately, but I get the sentiment 😜

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

13 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Not a bad one though have not seen any cold tops in the water hazard 5 yards in front of him lately, but I get the sentiment 😜

Yea its just that mentality that probably 80% of us do not have after a bad shot. Get it back in play and hope for a bogey!...in his case still make it up and down for bird 😣

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 3 weeks later...

I think we are all familiar with the ups and downs of golf7F47AAFB-FD92-4E15-981D-56E52F5C43F0.jpeg.ece66cd36659f24930f6b84837fe3229.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB: