TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bushnell warranty is fraudulent

Mtnoneputt

I’ve had a Bushnell tour v4 slope edition for about one year.  I believe I paid about $400 for it.  It began to be very slow in returning a distance and the slope feature would not work.  I sent it back to Bushnell under their warranty policy.  They returned the laser along with some codes indicating that they found water damage and the warranty was void.  This is troubling because this laser has never been exposed to rain or water in any form.  Further the letter indicated the product was obsolete and their were no parts available.  

The popular golf sites can give reviews of a product brand new out of the box but they do not reflect how the product will hold up and how the company will honor its warranty.  It this case Bushnell has failed completely!!

I know several people who have had similar experiences. For a company of that stature their customer service is very poor. I was looking at a GPS watch and the customer service reviews made me do further evaluations. I wound up going with a TecTecTec laser and the same brand gps watch. The cost is about a quarter of the Bushnells and they have very good customer service and just as accurate. I had an issue with the yardage read out image disapearing on the laser after about two years. They told me how to fix it within 15 minutes of sending an email. I followed the email instructions and it was corrected. Then they followed up with a call a day later to make sure everything was ok.

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

If I ever have to shop for another rangefinder I will only buy from Precision Pro. Their service can NOT be beaten, and their lasers are as good as anything else out there.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 8/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mtnoneputt said:

I’ve had a Bushnell tour v4 slope edition for about one year.  I believe I paid about $400 for it.  It began to be very slow in returning a distance and the slope feature would not work.  I sent it back to Bushnell under their warranty policy.  They returned the laser along with some codes indicating that they found water damage and the warranty was void.  This is troubling because this laser has never been exposed to rain or water in any form.  Further the letter indicated the product was obsolete and their were no parts available.  

The popular golf sites can give reviews of a product brand new out of the box but they do not reflect how the product will hold up and how the company will honor its warranty.  It this case Bushnell has failed completely!!

Terrible.    And despicable.  They should have done something to help.   Credit towards another product would have worked,  if they cared about taking care of their customers.

Maybe their damn diagnostic codes don't work right.   As a programmer, I can tell you for certain that we never put our hearts and souls into diagnostics codes, it is necessary evil that never gets the attention it requires.

I will support you and vow never to buy a Bushnell product. 

Maybe more people will join us.   They willfully made the decision that they were going to lose one customer,  they need to lose more.

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

If I ever have to shop for another rangefinder I will only buy from Precision Pro. Their service can NOT be beaten, and their lasers are as good as anything else out there.

I haven't had to use use their customer service *knocks on wood*, but the product is still working flawlessly and much cheaper than Bushnell.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

20 hours ago, PMookie said:

+2. I bought Precision Pro NX-7 Pro Slope this year and I’ve been very pleased*. I considered paying the premium for a Bushnell, glad I didn’t after reading this thread.

* I didn’t know what I was missing on approach shots relying on GPS, big difference. I still use GPS from way out, but not inside 150 yards or so if the round counts for something.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

6 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I haven't had to use use their customer service *knocks on wood*, but the product is still working flawlessly and much cheaper than Bushnell.

That’s great! The best part of their services is that they allow for the trade-up to another new model and giving the value of the model one has toward the new one. Unreal. No other company does this!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

I actually just went through a very similar headache with my Leupold rangefinder where the display stopped working. Replaced it with a precision pro as well precisely because of their customer service. I'm having a harder time picking up the flag (seem to be getting the trees behind the green a disproportionate amount of the time), but for the price point I think it'll stick with it...

15 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

IFor any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

This is interesting to know, thanks.  But I have to admit the process fo "unfogging" it seems rather scary...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

This is interesting to know, thanks.  But I have to admit the process fo "unfogging" it seems rather scary...LOL

I know exactly what you mean. But I had nothing to loose because they said if it didn't work they would replace it. Seems like the cold temperatures and pressure changes can cause this. I forgot to take it out of my bag on another trip and actually did it a second time and it worked out fine again. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

19 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses.

Great advice Tom and something a good many never think about.👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had TWO Bushnells die from RAIN... 

TWO...

RAIN!!!

im in the Precision Pro camp now. For the money I’m happy with the PPro

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I got the Bushnell Tour V3 as a present in 2015.  It has been flawless, but then I live in the desert and don't play much in rain.  It has gotten wet a little, but not drenched.  My wife uses it mostly, as I like the GPS.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Reading this thread makes me feel even better than I have been about my choice to buy a Precision Pro NX7...

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

I want to support Precision Pro but my MG Golf Rangefinder won’t die....the first one I had developed some display issues within a year and they offered to replace it. So for $25 I upgraded to their newer version with jolt and display. Still working 3 years later....btw on my 3rd battery.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 8/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I know several people who have had similar experiences. For a company of that stature their customer service is very poor. I was looking at a GPS watch and the customer service reviews made me do further evaluations. I wound up going with a TecTecTec laser and the same brand gps watch. The cost is about a quarter of the Bushnells and they have very good customer service and just as accurate. I had an issue with the yardage read out image disapearing on the laser after about two years. They told me how to fix it within 15 minutes of sending an email. I followed the email instructions and it was corrected. Then they followed up with a call a day later to make sure everything was ok.

For any airline travelers with clubs. Do not put your laser in your golf bag or luggage. The cold air in the belly of the plane will cause you optics to fog between the lenses. Solution per the manufacturer: Leave the laser on the dashboard  of your car in the hot sun for a couple of hours. The optics will turn entirely black so dont panic. Go back inside and it will turn back to normal within 10 minutes. Problem fixed.

I second TecTecTec. Bought their DLXS slope laser rangefinder about 3 years ago. I actually dropped mine from the cart on a bumpy cart path. Although it was completely my fault, the guys at TTT were interested in seeing what happened internally i guess to try and beef up their next model so they asked me to return my damaged unit and sent me a new one. The replacement actually wasn't working so they sent me another replacement and i returned the replacement. Really good customer service from these guys and the product is just as accurate as my friend's Bushnell. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

I guess I'm a cynic. I understand airing grievances online (any of you who follow me on Twitter saw my continued rants against Southwest for refusing to refund $8k to our band kids, which eventually helped us get the kids' money back) however I take them a lot less seriously when it's someone with no background, no posts, no followup, etc. Sometimes I wonder if it's spite just to get the thread to show up in search engines, if it's marketing tactics by a competitor, if there's info that's been left out, etc. I'm certainly not discounting the claims made by the OP, however it should be noted that it's a lot easier to push a certain narrative when it's anonymous. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I was thinking about adding a laser to my bag, but stories like this make Bushnell take a backseat of products I’m interested in. I don’t know how in 2020 companies haven’t learned that customer service is probably the most important thing your business can offer.

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

On 8/25/2020 at 2:41 PM, zrumble said:

I was thinking about adding a laser to my bag, but stories like this make Bushnell take a backseat of products I’m interested in. I don’t know how in 2020 companies haven’t learned that customer service is probably the most important thing your business can offer.

For sure. Customer service makes or breaks companies these days especially with social media being word of mouth on steroids. Definitely look at TecTecTec or PrecisionPro. Both are excellent products with great customer service.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

For sure. Customer service makes or breaks companies these days especially with social media being word of mouth on steroids. Definitely look at TecTecTec or PrecisionPro. Both are excellent products with great customer service.

Absolutely, I'd rather buy a product from a company that has great customer service than one that offers the latest technology.

I'm a very happy PrecisionPro customer who had a problem and they immediately took care of it. No questions asked"

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, Mtnoneputt said:

Sorry to hear about your issues work Bushnell.  Surprised they didn't take care of you.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:14 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I've flown several times with a Bushnell 1500 and never had any issues that I would have to do this. Thanks though for the info!

On 8/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, PMookie said:

As a previous tester of the NX-7 Pro, I have to say that I've been very impressed my my nx-7 prep.  Still going strong after several years of user.  They took care of the battery a year ago for free 

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I had a warranty issue with a Bushnell rangefinder and their offer was 20% of MSRP, which means no warranty.  

Bushnell used to make quality products in the optic world about 30-40 years ago and were well known for that quality.....lately it is non existent.

I moved on to Vortex and their hunting rangefinders that carry a lifetime no questions warranty for the same price..... Simple

SIM2 Max Driver 10.5* Ventus 5-S

Cobra Rad Speed 3W 14.5* Evenflow Riptide CB Stiff

Ping G  4W 17.5* Ping Alta Reg

TM Ti  5W 19* Diamana FW 65 Reg

Titleist T-300 5-PW Amt Red Stiff

Vokey SM7 Wedges 46*  56*  60*

Ping Zing/Anser putter  85020/85029// TM Spider SR#9 Flo Neck

Titleist Pro V-1x 

• 1 month later...

I've never had to use their warranty as my V3 is 5 years old and still going strong. But I would say that didn't shed a very good light on them. I've been preparing for when this one does a d from the great stories I've heard, I think the Precision Pro will be a strong consideration.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Between my wife and I' we've had 3 different Bushnell units over the years (I won one in a raffle, didn't really need a new one), and never had a problem.  Obviously I can't speak to their customer support, I've never needed support.  But since this thread came back from the dead, I'm struck by the Original Post.  It was the first post by someone who joined on that day, apparently simply to slam Bushnell.  He's never posted again to answer or clarify anything.  To me, that diminishes his credibility a bit, just like one-time posters in Tripadvisor or any other forum that features customer opinions.  So that lack of credibility leads me to look at his claim that this unit has NEVER been exposed to rain or any other kind of moisture.  Really, not once in using the unit for a year?  Perhaps he's in the desert somewhere, perhaps its the truth, but for most golfers, rain and other moisture is something that we deal with pretty regularly.  I know that mine is out in the rain regularly (in its rubberized protective coat), and I don't have problems.  I'm not here to defend Bushnell, as I said I have no experience with their customer service, but the word of a drive-by Bushnell slammer doesn't really cause me much concern.  It seems just as likely that he dropped the unit in a pond, and was angry when Bushnell wouldn't replace it for free.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 1 year later...

I found this topic a bit late. Wish I would have found it earlier and went with a different product. 

I purchased the V5 Shift with slope in August of last year.  My first unit I had issues with the eye piece not focusing. I returned it to Bushnell under warranty and after a 2 MONTH turnaround I received a new unit. A few months passed and I started having issues with the slope not switching off. Contacted customer service and went through the t/s processes. New battery, resetting unit. Nothing would fix my inoperative slope switch. I wasn't really excited about sending it back and not having my range finder for another 2 months. I decided to try the the retailer which was a local golf shop I bought it from. They messed around with it and after explaining my previous incident they replaced the unit for me. Fast forward 3 weeks. Im putting a cap on a drink. my range finder is attached to the cart roof rail. My drink was over filled. When I push the cap onto the drink a drop shoots into the air and lands on the lens of the range finder. I quickly clean it off. I look through the range finder and I see a blemish that wont clean off. I send my third unit back to Bushnell for warranty. I get back and email saying warranty is voided. Water damage. You have got to be kidding me, They offer a 20% discount on the purchase of a new unit. Yea, no thanks. Wont be needed. I will never be buying another Bushnell product. Absolutely absurd.,

10 hours ago, Golfforshank said:

Fast forward 3 weeks. Im putting a cap on a drink. my range finder is attached to the cart roof rail. My drink was over filled. When I push the cap onto the drink a drop shoots into the air and lands on the lens of the range finder. I quickly clean it off. I look through the range finder and I see a blemish that wont clean off. I send my third unit back to Bushnell for warranty. I get back and email saying warranty is voided. Water damage. You have got to be kidding me, They offer a 20% discount on the purchase of a new unit. Yea, no thanks. Wont be needed. I will never be buying another Bushnell product. Absolutely absurd.,

I wonder if it's really 1 drop that caused the damage...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

9 hours ago, Golfforshank said:

Well what do you think caused the damage? Please enlighten me. That’s the only liquid that’s been close to it 

We can’t tell you what caused the damage.  My guess is that like phones, the rangefinder has a liquid contact indicator that changes color indicating exposure to water and that is why Bushnell is saying water damage.    I doubt it was the drop that you are mentioning and the damage proceeded that incident or occurred when the unit was not in your possession. 

sounds like you have had bad luck with Bushnell products. The Bushnell products I have had have been great.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I had the V3 for over 15. Flawless. This product not so much. It’s literally a piece of junk. I just had the slope switch fall off now too. This v5 I’ve had just at a month. Just trying to save someone else from experiencing what I just did. This original post was from 2020. It’s sad this crappy customer service has been going on with Bushnell