Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping Crossovers - lesson learned

Grit Golf

I bought a few ping g400 crossovers at the right price and put them on the launch monitor with the stock Alta CB 70 soft regular (Softer than I would play). The 22 degree 4 crossover is an absolute rocket launcher. On a smoked shot it was challenging my 4w in distance, but with the soft shaft it was spraying left and right.

I thought to myself, this thing would be perfect with my iron shafts, more control and less distance would absolutely fit the bill. So, I pulled the altas, glued in my gamer iron shaft and COULD. NOT. HIT. A. SHOT. I waited a day, warmed up, and just could not get anything out of the combo.

In desperation I pulled the steel shafts and threw in a graphite hybrid shaft I’ve had success with in the past and soft stepped the tip. All of a sudden I was absolutely smoking these again and they were insanely easy to hit.

Lesson learned, if Ping puts a graphite shaft in something as stock, there’s probably a good reason for it.

Edited by Grit Golf

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Ping does offer them in steel, but they do change up the specs a bit. I have the 410s and went with graphite option, but steel is available. Pretty sure they make them a inch shorter in steel and something else.

Love these clubs and don't see them in many bags sadly.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)