TESTERS WANTED! ×

ALPHARD EWHEELS CLUB BOOSTER V2

I've done a ton of research when I was thinking about getting them and it seemed to be a mixed bag (mostly good) with which carts work best. Some swear by the stability of 4 wheel carts and others prefer three wheel carts. Some believe you need a swivel wheel in front and other don't. I think it largely depends on the courses you play. If you play flat courses with few hills, get what you want. If you play courses with significant or steep hills, four wheels may be the answer. In the research I did, I didn't find too many negatives as long as people were using the wheels with supported carts. I think if you're looking into a new cart + the ewheels, researching other fully-electric carts may not be out of the question price-wise. It just depends on your needs. 

A mate tried them on his Clicgear buggy and they were great except that he now had to remove the wheels before folding up his buggy. Stability was not a issue as all the weight is in the bottom. In the end however he always wants the latest and greatest so he ended up buying these. Everything including batteries are in the wheels

https://www.concoursegolf.com/product/smart-wheels-s2/

Concourse_Golf_Smart_Wheel_FI-900x600.jp

Edited by Firebird

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

• 5 months later...

What are the dimensions of the v2 wheels when detached for travel?  I just pulled the trigger on a set after pondering for a LONG time over the v1.  Anyway, for $680, I couldn't pass it up.  Now, I'm gonna order the front wheel conversion for my 3.5+ and probably the tether, but they're sold out of the travel cover.  I probably would have sourced a cover on my own anyway instead of paying $70 for one, but I want to get a head start before it arrives.

Thanks in advance.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

• 2 months later...

Has anyone upgraded their Alphard eWheels to V2 with the DIY upgrade kit?  Curious about the improvements - if as good as advertised. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 4 weeks later...

Back in April I ordered the V2 upgrade, it just arrived.  Installing the upgraded circuit board was super easy.  Take it from a guy who can't drive a nail straight, anyone can do this.  They even included the specific size allen wrench to remove the screws holding the panel on.

First observation - I'm going to miss the magnetic method of sticking the remote controller to your cart.  This plastic piece that you have to turn the remote 90 degrees is going to be a pain, I can tell already.

Raining today, so I'll share my thoughts on how the V2 compares to the V1 when I get it out on the course.  But at least the install was great. 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts

47 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Back in April I ordered the V2 upgrade, it just arrived.  Installing the upgraded circuit board was super easy.  Take it from a guy who can't drive a nail straight, anyone can do this.  They even included the specific size allen wrench to remove the screws holding the panel on.

First observation - I'm going to miss the magnetic method of sticking the remote controller to your cart.  This plastic piece that you have to turn the remote 90 degrees is going to be a pain, I can tell already.

Raining today, so I'll share my thoughts on how the V2 compares to the V1 when I get it out on the course.  But at least the install was great. 

The twist method for the remote is cumbersome, but it's not the end of the world.  I never had the magnetic method so take that for what it's worth.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

2 hours ago, Monaco said:

Is the v2 compatible with the BIGMAX Blade IP?

Their web site says they have brackets for the BigMax IQ - you may want to email them and ask about compatibility at contact@alphardgolf.com

I just finished my first round w my V2 upgrade. Great improvement! E8E66181-D79A-4399-8097-AAE9349FD890.jpeg.52b067a2dec487a7b4399fa8dc40bf76.jpeg

First, it’s faster.  Not sure how any of this is possible with only a change in the circuit board.  Doesn’t matter how or why. But it is definitely faster. I was always trying to get my original version to get moving, and it would seem to get tired on the back nine, to the point I was almost pushing it on the last three holes. But with the V2 upgrade I can’t keep up w it. Which is awesome. That alone is with the price of the upgrade. 

Second, i don’t know if it’s a gyroscope or what they did, but it holds its line better.  Even on side hills etc Big improvement  

Third, it seems to hold its charge better. Again, plenty of speed umph  at the end of the round  

Fourth, the one downside - hate hate hate the new bracket/mechanism for sticking the remote to the handle.  Hate it.  Awkward, cumbersome and takes too long.  Stopped trying after the third hole.  Just tossing it in the pouch or sticking it in my pocket while on the green and it’s going 15/25 yards ahead.  I guess you can’t have everything, but they messed this part up  

I see one of these electric carts in my future, but since I no longer have a pushcart I’m trying to decide if I want to buy a new pushcart with an E wheels conversion or just go ahead and buy a pure electric car like a Motocaddy, MGI Zip Navigator or Bat Caddy.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 2:30 PM, WaffleHouseTour said:

I attached a metal plate from my cell phone which came with a magnetic car mount. Have Apple Carplay now so it was just sitting around. Works great with the original V1 magnetic handle mount.   

17 hours ago, Alex F said:

I attached a metal plate from my cell phone which came with a magnetic car mount. Have Apple Carplay now so it was just sitting around. Works great with the original V1 magnetic handle mount.   

Can you show?

I have one of these was an early adopter through Indigogo. I use the Clicgear 3.5 with a fixed wheel and it does fine. If doing again and I hadn't purchased a new cart right before the ewheels, I would go with the Rovic R1S for the swivel front wheel.

Seth Coleman 

Driver: :titleist-small:TSR2 9* Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSR3 13.5* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S

Driving Iron: Haywood Golf 18* Hzrdus Black 6.0

Irons:  :mizuno-small:MP-20 MMC 4-PW Nippon Modus 120 S

Wedges:  :mizuno-small:S-23 Denim Copper 50°, 54° & 58° Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1:Studio Design 2.5

Bag:   :mizuno-small: BR-DX

Balls:  :maxfli: Tour X

Cart:  :Clicgear: Rovic with eWheels