Image1609378642.177726.jpg
Image1609378656.533809.jpgImage1609378666.911994.jpg

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Some pics from today - it’s been several months since these entered my bag. They still look beautiful - just the faintest wear mark starting to appear in the sweet spot of my 8 iron.

Our grass is finally starting to become dormant which makes it extremely tight. The turf interaction on these under that condition is truly remarkable.

I hit them beautifully on the range today and in the 9 that I played - shot 38, hit 7 greens - one three putt hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Those clubs look to have held up far better than the C300s did during my testing a few years back. They look great!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Those clubs look to have held up far better than the C300s did during my testing a few years back. They look great!

I’ve never hit the C300’s, gamed the C100’s and 200’s which were the first iteration of the power holes. I preferred the way the 200’s looked but the 100’s performed much better for me - a testimony to fitting actually - I had won a set of Wilson irons I a contest but had to stick with their stock options where as the C100’s were custom fit with a very nice shaft.

The D7 had tons of shaft options. Even though I didn’t go to a fitter before hand I knew my numbers from a recent fitting and knew this head/shaft combo would work for me.

It does!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 12/30/2020 at 8:43 PM, revkev said:

Some pics from today - it’s been several months since these entered my bag. They still look beautiful - just the faintest wear mark starting to appear in the sweet spot of my 8 iron.

Our grass is finally starting to become dormant which makes it extremely tight. The turf interaction on these under that condition is truly remarkable.

I hit them beautifully on the range today and in the 9 that I played - shot 38, hit 7 greens - one three putt hurt.

@revkev - That's great to hear that they're holding up so well for you.  The same is true for me.  The Bermuda in VA has been dormant for about six weeks now.  If we get a dry spell of a week or so, our courses get wonderfully firm and fast, and the D7s perform nicely.  But those dry spells are rare, and when the temps dip below 50, courses don't dry out and stay wet, sloppy and cold for several days.  And this is where the D7s really shine.  As you can see from my last several rounds, these clubs are mudders*.

image.png.0308c1e54d4d1cd8ee619818a19384e8.png

I've found that the D7 gap wedge works nicely on those firm-and-fast days, and a specialty wedge is more useful when it's messy.  So it has its purpose; it just doesn't see much action right now.

*All rounds played lift/clean/place, due to the amount of "organic matter" the balls were picking up.

🤣

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

[mention=16651]revkev[/mention] - That's great to hear that they're holding up so well for you.  The same is true for me.  The Bermuda in VA has been dormant for about six weeks now.  If we get a dry spell of a week or so, our courses get wonderfully firm and fast, and the D7s perform nicely.  But those dry spells are rare, and when the temps dip below 50, courses don't dry out and stay wet, sloppy and cold for several days.  And this is where the D7s really shine.  As you can see from my last several rounds, these clubs are mudders*.
image.png.0308c1e54d4d1cd8ee619818a19384e8.png
I've found that the D7 gap wedge works nicely on those firm-and-fast days, and a specialty wedge is more useful when it's messy.  So it has its purpose; it just doesn't see much action right now.

*All rounds played lift/clean/place, due to the amount of "organic matter" the balls were picking up.
🤣

Nice!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

SmartSelect_20210101-171217_Weather.jpg.66727698aad107110b9dc7a4f2a987c0.jpg

Between constant Gale warnings and rain I can't say I have played much in the last few weeks. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

SmartSelect_20210101-171217_Weather.jpg.66727698aad107110b9dc7a4f2a987c0.jpg
Between constant Gale warnings and rain I can't say I have played much in the last few weeks. 

I dated a girl named Gale once, well she spelled it Gail. There were lots of warnings. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Had two singles added toy two sone yesterday - the one guy knew his stuff. He used to work for Arthur Hills’ construction company.

He kept remarking about how great my bag was. He particularly loved my irons and my 9 wood. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

• 2 weeks later...

Are most of you guys that tested the D7 forged still playing them? If not, what didn't you like about them?

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

1 minute ago, braincramp said:

Are most of you guys that tested the D7 forged still playing them? If not, what didn't you like about them?

Mine are happily still in my bag. I really don't have a complaint with them. The finish has held up great, I like the look and feel. And the performance is great. 

Normally every spring I go test all the latest and greatest irons to see if I want to make a change. I'm not going to bother this year, I'm fully of the belief that nothing could be enough better than these to warrant a change. Guessing these will stay in my bag for a full 5 year cycle. 

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

3 hours ago, braincramp said:

I was really on the fence. During my testing period I really struggled to get comfortable and couldn't get things going. Two of my biggest complaints were lack of spin into the green and inability to work the ball. With the colder, wetter weather, I decided to keep gaming them to see how they'd do.

At this point, they're actually solidly in my bag. The greens are very soft and it's been pretty reasonable holding greens. I'm still struggling to work the ball, but in the colder (and often windier) weather, I don't try to do that as much. I can't say what it's going to look like when things dry out and warm up, but at least for now, I'm getting good performance.

As an aside, I checked in with my pro and he gave me a couple setup tweaks that is getting them into a better height window, which may also help with stopping on the green. (He also mentioned that if I'm a high-ball hitter, he has no idea why my previous fitter put me in Pings, which are known for high launch. I need to get on a monitor...)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

They are in for me, the most beautiful trajectory on my shots on the range yesterday.

This category is a fit for me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

8 hours ago, revkev said:

They are in for me, the most beautiful trajectory on my shots on the range yesterday.

This category is a fit for me.

That's what I'm thinkin' I love my V6's but there are days a bit more forgiveness and distance would help. They look like the perfect combination of both to me.

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

18 hours ago, braincramp said:

They're still in my bag. Actually, I'm picking them up this morning from getting them bent 1° flat, which was suggested when I did a club evaluation in October.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That's what I'm thinkin' I love my V6's but there are days a bit more forgiveness and distance would help. They look like the perfect combination of both to me.

I can’t believe how forgiving they are. More forgiving them the GI iron that I was gaming IMO and yet far better feedback on each shot.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I can’t believe how forgiving they are. More forgiving them the GI iron that I was gaming IMO and yet far better feedback on each shot.

What was you playing before?

What was you playing before?

Ping G30’s - I had some nice rounds with them but couldn’t stand the way they looked.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

12 hours ago, revkev said:

Ping G30’s - I had some nice rounds with them but couldn’t stand the way they looked.

Well if the D7 forged are even close to the Ping G series in the forgiveness area there will be a set in the bag when our season starts. Or maybe sooner!😄

On 1/24/2021 at 8:54 AM, braincramp said:

Well if the D7 forged are even close to the Ping G series in the forgiveness area there will be a set in the bag when our season starts. Or maybe sooner!😄

They shouldn't be of course but we are all different in the way we attack the ball.  My misses tend to be thin - I found that thin hits were often weak and right with the G30 - they are pretty much hole high and a bit left with the D7's.  My thin may be different from yours though - I also find that I can get away with a tad fat and bit on the toe.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The D7 forged are getting a second look this Thursday at my TS fitting session part two 😍. Also being added are the ZX5, G425, i210, JPX921HM and possibly the DCB's. Going all in with an added putter fitting, Whewwww, long day...

Somebody Stop Me: The Mask Quiz | Bookmans Entertainment Exchange

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The D7 forged are getting a second look this Thursday at my TS fitting session part two 😍. Also being added are the ZX5, G425, i210, JPX921HM and possibly the DCB's. Going all in with an added putter fitting, Whewwww, long day...

I'm thinking that by the time you decide on which club you want to pull the trigger on, you are going to realize that the next cycle release is only 3 weeks away and might want to test all the next cycles clubs too. Given how long those ping eye 2's stayed in the bag, I think you have about 7 more years and 16 more fittings before you get a new set 😃

WITB:

8 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

I'm thinking that by the time you decide on which club you want to pull the trigger on, you are going to realize that the next cycle release is only 3 weeks away and might want to test all the next cycles clubs too. Given how long those ping eye 2's stayed in the bag, I think you have about 7 more years and 16 more fittings before you get a new set 😃

Ha, you know me too well.  To be honest, had I found a composite shaft that worked during the 2019 fitting/G410 purchase, I'd probably be content.  But then there is the length question, the window of opportunity reality, the slew of MGS Official Testing, and, of course, the BIG question whether any can compete with PING 😉.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 1/22/2021 at 1:43 PM, braincramp said:

They are solidly in the bag for all modern club rounds (I've started playing every 4th or 5th round with classics).  I don't see them leaving any time soon.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

the BIG question whether any can compete with PING 😉.  

I did have an i200 /i500 split set... 

WITB:

On 1/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, revkev said:

I also find that I can get away with a tad fat and bit on the toe.

I've found the same thing, but what I can't get away with (and indeed, I don't know what club can get away with) is the high toe that you'll get from fluffy rough or a ball teed too high on a par 3.  I've actually found that I get better performance teeing the ball lower on par 3s and other times I hit irons off a tee.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

2 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I've found the same thing, but what I can't get away with (and indeed, I don't know what club can get away with) is the high toe that you'll get from fluffy rough or a ball teed too high on a par 3.  I've actually found that I get better performance teeing the ball lower on par 3s and other times I hit irons off a tee.

unrelated to these irons, but just me in general. I don't use a tee on Par 3's. Or ever if hitting an iron off the tee. I find that I tend to really pull it left when I tee it up. So for that reason I just hit every iron off the deck. 

WITB:

29 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

unrelated to these irons, but just me in general. I don't use a tee on Par 3's. Or ever if hitting an iron off the tee. I find that I tend to really pull it left when I tee it up. So for that reason I just hit every iron off the deck. 

... We are all different and whatever works and all but I would make the argument everyone should use a tee, even if that means barely teeing it off the ground so it looks like it is sitting on the turf. I remember Jack said it is the only time you get an absolutely perfect lie, so why not take advantage. I just think if you hit it a fraction fat, having it teed up just a tiny bit will produce e a better shot than a fraction fat and catching some turf. That said, how we approach things mentally that adds to our confidence can trump a perfect lie, so again if it works for you it works for you. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... We are all different and whatever works and all but I would make the argument everyone should use a tee, even if that means barely teeing it off the ground so it looks like it is sitting on the turf.

I used to tee it up where basically the head of the tee was poking out of the ground and so the ball was just slightly elevated over the turf. But after watching this and doing some on-course experimenting, I'm now teeing it lower and getting really good results. I found when it was teed up, I was changing my swing. Without a tee, I sometimes got a raw deal on the lie (or at least inconsistent...). But by making it where the ball is just fractionally off the ground but still level with the turf? Much cleaner and more consistent strikes.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

I was a Jack fan as a kid and grew up reading golf my way - I'm a tee it up always unless I have a short iron into the wind kind of guy - but we are all different beyond a doubt - Jack was using radically different equipment, in radically different course conditions than we typically see.  What was prevailing wisdom them might not necessarily always be true today.

I say go with what works or better go with what's more fun!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches