Jump to content

2020 Official Member Review: Wilson D7 Forged Irons


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Truth. With how much different manufactures are promoting mixed sets, it's odd that you still have a really hard time finding a fitting that can let you find a mixed set. 


Lots of fitters do gapping tests now though - I think you could pivot to that - maybe?

That Ping long game fitting last year was an eye opener for me. I knew I was done around 5 iron years ago so was gaming 5 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 3 wood. Carry distance on all three was almost identical - by the time I left I had a set where my stock shots all gapped perfectly and all reached a 90 foot apex. I replaced those 3 with 9,7,5 woods.

I’d say I’m still right around that point in regards to apex. But need to get to track man to tell for sure. Regardless I need a bit longer shaft on iron, have for years. This test is proving it again.

I hit the D7 4,5 iron okay but there’s no way I hit them as well as 5 and 7 wood.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And we’re off!   Thanks so much to MGS and Wilson for selecting me to be a part of this test.   I do check the boxes for this one, older guy, lower handicap but handicap up some from peak seasons pr

First and as always, big appreciation to MGS for hosting the best golf forums on the internet. And a big shout out to Wilson Golf for getting involved.  I am really excited to put these clubs int

Let's get this party started! HUGE thanks to MGS and Wilson for this opportunity. This is my first-ever MGS review and I'm pretty anxious because I get so much value out of this site that I don't want

Posted Images

9 hours ago, greggarner said:

But I think what was odd was not the suddenly-long shots, but the number of very short ones that preceded them. The 160 yard 8i was closer to the yardage I had experienced in previous rounds but a full-swing 9i going 120? My i210 PW is good for 125... Anyways. That's why I wonder if it's not something I was doing and the solid feel was just covering up any swing flaws.

Interesting.  I'm reaching back in my memory, and I don't think I've made a good swing, had a good yardage, and came up short.  I do feel like they are biased toward providing good results on low-face strikes to the detriment of high-face strikes, and that's why I've stopped teeing the ball up on par 3s.  I wonder... if you play a course where the fairways can get a bit long, can you catch the ball a bit high on the face and lose significant distance.  Hmm...

 

5 hours ago, revkev said:

I can only recall that one because it’s been mentioned frequently here. I also need had no chunks. A few thins but I hit a lot of good shots today. Unless it’s really thin I find that I’m getting away with it - generally a little left of target, lower ball flight and a bit short but long enough to catch a green or a fringe.

That's what I'm finding as well - the power holes are doing their job and keeping the low part of the face lively.  

 

4 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Truth. With how much different manufactures are promoting mixed sets, it's odd that you still have a really hard time finding a fitting that can let you find a mixed set. 

I could see some potential for a D7 / D7F combo set.  Or a D7F / V6 combo (I mean, do I need power holes in a PW?).  Hell, what about a D7 4i bent 2* strong, D7F 4i - 8i, V6 9i - PW?  But then fitters need fitting heads and shafts for all of this.  And someone has to pay for all that stuff.

So now the wheels are turning... a D7 4i with a Recoil 460 is $98 from Wilson and then a few bucks to a club repair guy to bend it a bit strong if needed.  The Staff Utility iron starts at $230 and can't be ordered with a Recoil.  🤔

  

  • Like 4

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I could see some potential for a D7 / D7F combo set.  Or a D7F / V6 combo (I mean, do I need power holes in a PW?).  

Apparently you don't need holes in a GW, so idk. 🤔

That said, if I was thinking about a split set with these, I'd definitely want these in the short - mid irons. Very impressed with their accuracy in those clubs. 

  • Like 6

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot to say about combo sets. I will save that for my review. Wilson’s online customization tool is handy for this possibility but one would still need to know what he or she needed. It would be hard to get a fitter to go off script - not impossible but outside the box.

Many of the top 50 strokes gained approach shots on tour game combo sets.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, revkev said:

 


Lots of fitters do gapping tests now though - I think you could pivot to that - maybe?

That Ping long game fitting last year was an eye opener for me. I knew I was done around 5 iron years ago so was gaming 5 hybrid, 4 hybrid, 3 wood. Carry distance on all three was almost identical - by the time I left I had a set where my stock shots all gapped perfectly and all reached a 90 foot apex. I replaced those 3 with 9,7,5 woods.

I’d say I’m still right around that point in regards to apex. But need to get to track man to tell for sure. Regardless I need a bit longer shaft on iron, have for years. This test is proving it again.

I hit the D7 4,5 iron okay but there’s no way I hit them as well as 5 and 7 wood.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

I saw an interesting video on this on YouTube. The channel is The Average Golfer. He took his dad to a Ping fitting and they found a similar result by replacing long irons with the higher numbered woods as well. The Trackman numbers bore out the results. 

  • Like 4

:taylormade-small: Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° set to 9.5° w/ALTA CB R

 image.png Gen 1 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue 5.5

:ping-small: G30 Hybrid 3 19° w/TFC 419H R

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 23° Green Dot Mitsubishi Tensei Blue R 

 image.png 0211 irons 5 - GW 2° upright w/True Temper Elevate R 

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° W-Grind w/KBS HI-REV 2.0 105 Wedge Flex

:EVNROLL: ER7 34”

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I saw an interesting video on this on YouTube. The channel is The Average Golfer. He took his dad to a Ping fitting and they found a similar result by replacing long irons with the higher numbered woods as well. The Trackman numbers bore out the results. 

If you have a more moderate to slower swing speed lofted woods may be the way to go - I was a part of the Ping long game fitting test last spring - it was eye opening for certain.  I don't want to ding the D7's too much because of the 4 and 5 iron though - the peculiarities of my swing aren't Wilson's fault.  You can see how tight the 9 iron dispersion was with the D7 as well as the 7 iron from the other day and these are plenty forgiving. 

  • Like 7

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I wonder... if you play a course where the fairways can get a bit long, can you catch the ball a bit high on the face and lose significant distance.

You know, that's entirely possible. I will absolutely test that. I have never been one to miss high on the face, but it would certainly explain some of the issues I've had with tee shots. 🤯 That then begs the question -- does a high strike feel flush? Low strikes feel low, but every shot that came up unexpectedly short felt so good.

13 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I could see some potential for a D7 / D7F combo set.  Or a D7F / V6 combo (I mean, do I need power holes in a PW?).  Hell, what about a D7 4i bent 2* strong, D7F 4i - 8i, V6 9i - PW? 

11 hours ago, Thin2win said:

That said, if I was thinking about a split set with these, I'd definitely want these in the short - mid irons. Very impressed with their accuracy in those clubs. 

I could definitely see a combo set with these, though (so far) my subset of D7F would be 6i-9i. Those 4 clubs are really performing well for me overall.

1 hour ago, revkev said:

I don't want to ding the D7's too much because of the 4 and 5 iron though - the peculiarities of my swing aren't Wilson's fault.

But I also wouldn't just give them carte blanche! My i210 4-iron is my absolute favorite in the set and I am really struggling with the D7F long irons. I hit a 5i (what felt like) absolutely flush this morning to a 190 yd back pin. Landed on the front fringe and just trickled onto the front of the green, leaving me a 60 footer...

image.png.4bf40706f49317835e6383ad2808dcde.png

  • Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT DG S300 hard-stepped

50* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Interesting.  I'm reaching back in my memory, and I don't think I've made a good swing, had a good yardage, and came up short.  I do feel like they are biased toward providing good results on low-face strikes to the detriment of high-face strikes, and that's why I've stopped teeing the ball up on par 3s.  I wonder... if you play a course where the fairways can get a bit long, can you catch the ball a bit high on the face and lose significant distance.  Hmm...

 

That's what I'm finding as well - the power holes are doing their job and keeping the low part of the face lively.  

 

I could see some potential for a D7 / D7F combo set.  Or a D7F / V6 combo (I mean, do I need power holes in a PW?).  Hell, what about a D7 4i bent 2* strong, D7F 4i - 8i, V6 9i - PW?  But then fitters need fitting heads and shafts for all of this.  And someone has to pay for all that stuff.

So now the wheels are turning... a D7 4i with a Recoil 460 is $98 from Wilson and then a few bucks to a club repair guy to bend it a bit strong if needed.  The Staff Utility iron starts at $230 and can't be ordered with a Recoil.  🤔

  

I am going to assume you won't need to bend the cast D7 4 iron strong.  It is a rocket launcher at 19*.  When I can catch it, it's in the ball park of my 3 wood.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but curious to see if you guys see any unexpected fliers after you get your numbers dialed in.

  • Like 3

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

 

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but curious to see if you guys see any unexpected fliers after you get your numbers dialed in.

I mentioned it at some point, but I've had some serious fliers coming out of the rough. Longest Fliers I've ever had. 30-40y longer than expected kind of fliers. 

  • Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but curious to see if you guys see any unexpected fliers after you get your numbers dialed in.

I've gotten a few when it was wet.  I haven't really noticed any when it's been dry.

 

  • Like 3

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking back at some data from my LM session last week and noticed that as the clubs got longer I stared losing them to the right :20200928_181048.jpg.238bb04ccbe0e2145eb9f537fbc2e6cf.jpg

The tiny white circle is my grouping with the GW. PW is the small pink circle, 9i small green, 8i dark blue, 7i orange, 6i yellow, 5i red. 

The larger pink, green and purple circles were my current pw, 8i and 7i.... Yikes. 

I took my 6i and 5i in to get their lie angles adjusted today, then out to the range after. I had the 6i bent half a degree upright and the 5i a full degree upright and half a degree stronger. Bending the 6i and 5i helped straighten them out in practice, now time to course test. 

I might bend the 9i a bit flatter looking back at this data, I'll see if I'm noticing it going left on the course. I have my weekly men's club game Wednesday, then a glow ball par3 with the wife Friday night and then a 2 person scramble this coming Saturday. So a busy golf week. 

 

  • Like 6

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My week has totally blown up on me. Went to the par 3 yesterday with no rain on the radar - it was pouring by the 5th hole. I got soaked not enough data to really tell you anything.

Round for today is cancelled because many courses are closed - too much rain the last few weeks. The range at my club may open later. If it does i will at least hit balls.

I have no other time to play an actual round of golf on this so called vacation. I will however be able to hit tons of shots on the range. There is no rain in the forecast.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter had Girls Golf last night, so I was at the downtown Richmond TFT facility with a pretty nice six hole par 3 course.  Of course it rained for 30 minutes, so I only had a half hour to do anything.  So I figured I'd collect a little data.  People were trying to play the course as a course, so I had to hop around a bit between the first and third holes to hit shots without bothering other people.  I'm most interested in dispersion (left/right and short/long), so I'm not too hung up on where the flag is.

 

Hole 1:  160 yards long, slight wind blowing left to right - 8 iron
1.  20 yards right, 5 yards long
2.  1 yard right, 10 yards long
3.  13 yards right, 0 yards long
4.  0 yards right, 40 yards short (very fat)
5.  10 yards left, 2 yards long
6.  9 yards left, 6 yards long

image.png.2b168ce88ab5cc076d67e091278f4ccd.png


Hole 3:  133 yards long, slight wind in the face - Pitching Wedge
1.  3 yards left, 5 yards short
2.  14 yards left, 1 yard long
3.  20 yards left, 7 yards long

image.png.c76a1cbea7fe3a23d36d341210cdfbbf.png

I wish I could have hit more shots, but I had to make sure I was staying out of the way of people paying to play the golf course.

So what did I learn?  

  • The left/right dispersion was pretty good.  30 yards with the 8 iron.  17 yards with the pitching wedge.
  • If I drop the fat shot, the short/long dispersion was pretty good as well.  10 yards with the 8 iron.  12 yards with the pitching wedge.

Yes, the sample size is too small to be very valid; if I hit more shots, I'm sure the total dispersions would go up.  But the outlier shot was caused by a bad swing.  No crazy fliers or random shorties.  So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

 

  • Like 7

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

My daughter had Girls Golf last night, so I was at the downtown Richmond TFT facility with a pretty nice six hole par 3 course.  Of course it rained for 30 minutes, so I only had a half hour to do anything.  So I figured I'd collect a little data.  People were trying to play the course as a course, so I had to hop around a bit between the first and third holes to hit shots without bothering other people.  I'm most interested in dispersion (left/right and short/long), so I'm not too hung up on where the flag is.

 

Hole 1:  160 yards long, slight wind blowing left to right - 8 iron
1.  20 yards right, 5 yards long
2.  1 yard right, 10 yards long
3.  13 yards right, 0 yards long
4.  0 yards right, 40 yards short (very fat)
5.  10 yards left, 2 yards long
6.  9 yards left, 6 yards long

image.png.2b168ce88ab5cc076d67e091278f4ccd.png


Hole 3:  133 yards long, slight wind in the face - Pitching Wedge
1.  3 yards left, 5 yards short
2.  14 yards left, 1 yard long
3.  20 yards left, 7 yards long

image.png.c76a1cbea7fe3a23d36d341210cdfbbf.png

I wish I could have hit more shots, but I had to make sure I was staying out of the way of people paying to play the golf course.

So what did I learn?  

  • The left/right dispersion was pretty good.  30 yards with the 8 iron.  17 yards with the pitching wedge.
  • If I drop the fat shot, the short/long dispersion was pretty good as well.  10 yards with the 8 iron.  12 yards with the pitching wedge.

Yes, the sample size is too small to be very valid; if I hit more shots, I'm sure the total dispersions would go up.  But the outlier shot was caused by a bad swing.  No crazy fliers or random shorties.  So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

 

When do you want to meetup and compare Forged vs. Non-Forged D7s?? Need to look at distance, dispersion, feel, and how well it pairs with beers 😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
When do you want to meetup and compare Forged vs. Non-Forged D7s?? Need to look at distance, dispersion, feel, and how well it pairs with beers


Oh I can answer that last question for you. :)


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

When do you want to meetup and compare Forged vs. Non-Forged D7s?? Need to look at distance, dispersion, feel, and how well it pairs with beers 😉


Feel like I should add this

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Golden Ram TW282 or Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (coin flipping for the reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or TM TP5

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tarheelvolvo said:

When do you want to meetup and compare Forged vs. Non-Forged D7s?? Need to look at distance, dispersion, feel, and how well it pairs with beers 😉

Need to make that happen soon.  It's almost time for the final reviews.

  • Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're working...

image.png.f148d875b7b52abfde5240183b285da5.png

Just a sample size of one, but this gap wedge was hit well out by the toe:

image.png.c021d92342b9b9907ef469304023e9fa.png

What I did not do is hit this one high on the face as well.  No significant loss of distance.  Also felt and sounded pretty good.  I could tell this one near the toe because of the mark on the club.  Maybe I've toed more of them than I think.  I need to pick up a can of Dr. Scholls.

 

  • Like 6

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I played a round workout using driver just to play some more shots with these irons. My home course is pretty short, so I can easily go driver / wedge to most holes. Anyway. These irons... Hit more greens (14/18) today then I normally hit. Probably due to hitting most of the fairways. But was 3/3 with my 5i,and 2/2 with the 6i on approaches. My only missed green on an approach, was a well stuck shot that I needed to curve around a tree. It clipped a branch and dropped down. If it misses the branch I'm on that green too. Can't think of the last round (or even if it has ever happened) that I hit 5 greens from 170+ out. 

So that was my day. 

  • Like 9

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Woof. Well I'm glad things are going well for the other testers. I'll just leave this here and withhold other comments for now... Not sure what's going on for me.

20201002_204219.jpg.b7a7e384b47efdb38c8e03eb185b78f8.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2-hybrid: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo with stock KBS Hybrid 80g stiff
3i-PW: :ping-small: i210 blue dot, Power Spec, with TT DG S300 hard-stepped

50* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
54*, and 58*: :mizuno-small: blue ion S18 with TT wedge
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...