Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taylormade M2 reax 55 shafts

cipiti6

You should have 6 inches of parallel tip section to play with. Depending on what iron number you start with and how true you want it to play to flex will determine your trimming - which will be 5" max amount trimmed on your wedge. Work back in 0.5" increments from that and your 4-iron will be 2" tip trim. Butt trim to your desired playing length from there once you have your set progression. To play slightly firmer to flex, do both Wedge and 9-iron at 5" giving your 4-iron at 2.5" trim. For slightly softer to flex, trim the Wedge at 4.5". You get the the picture.

You might reach out to someone with more resources...but from doing some googling, I've found that Fujikura iron shafts are generally Golfworks IR6 code, which would give the following tipping, which seems perfectly reasonable to me.  Trim more for stiffer, less for softer.  I might try building the 7i or something and trying it out, and if that flex seems to work for you go ahead and cut and build the rest of the set.  

IR6
3- 0.5"
4- 1"
5- 1.5"
6- 2"
7- 2.5"
8- 3"
9- 3.5"
P- 4"

PXG 0811 X/70S Ahina
Cobra F9 Tour/80S Diamana B
Mizuno MP18 FliHi (3) MMC (4-P)/Tensei White X