TESTERS WANTED! ×

Advice for small public course: best software solution?

No industry experience, but I can say as a consumer that I absolutely detest golfnow. I don't like the extra fees they charge and they are overall a pain to deal with. Customer service is non-existant as they don't want to be bothered with phone calls or emails. 

If the course I'm looking at only offers tee time booking through golfnow, I will find my time and then call the clubhouse to make my reservation. If you have to cancel or have any other problems then it's much easier not having to deal with them as the middle man. 

Stay away from Golfnow. Just my opinion!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I've done IT support for the past 8 years for a couple of golf courses/CCs and I've worked with EZLinks and Jonas.

Jonas is probably better-suited for country clubs because it can integrate with a kitchen to send food tickets. EZlinks is used by the majority of our clients and seems to suit their needs pretty well. No experience with Golfnow but I've seen the commercials. Never heard of the other ones, sorry!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

A course that I play along the Texas coast prefers we call and book via the pro shop since GolfNow takes such a chunk out of any sort of online booking. I know it might bring a little bit more traffic to the course but you won't see the boost in profits due to the fees. 

For the courses I frequent, most use ForeUp or EZLinks. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty
On 8/13/2020 at 8:17 PM, baggervance said:

Hi everyone,

Trying to help a friend pick a cheap, but reliable software system for a 9 hole public course for tee time booking primarily (but also selling merch and keeping track of golfers).

Have heard of the following as go-tos:

- GolfNow

- ForeUP

- Lightspeed

Any experience or takes?

On 8/14/2020 at 10:47 PM, yungkory said:

I've done IT support for the past 8 years for a couple of golf courses/CCs and I've worked with EZLinks and Jonas.

Jonas is probably better-suited for country clubs because it can integrate with a kitchen to send food tickets. EZlinks is used by the majority of our clients and seems to suit their needs pretty well. No experience with Golfnow but I've seen the commercials. Never heard of the other ones, sorry!

To clear up a couple things.   The Golfnow that people are complaining aboit above is the retail user end. 

Your friend would be using G1 which is owned by GolfNow which is actually owned by NBC. 

We used EZ Links for many years.  We switched to G1 a year ago.   It does offer a lot more features and is cloud based.  Not sure if EZ Limks is yet or not. V

Also just so everyone knows. Most every  course offers GolfNow times regardless of the tee sheet management software they use.

Hope that helps some. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Not an expert, or course owner either.  I realize almost everything is done on- line nowadays.  Agree do not like golf now fees or anything prepaid.  I like that a couple of the public courses I play now recognize me from calling and getting my weekend tee times.  The personal touch and acknowledgement is very nice.  

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

21 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

Not an expert, or course owner either.  I realize almost everything is done on- line nowadays.  Agree do not like golf now fees or anything prepaid.  I like that a couple of the public courses I play now recognize me from calling and getting my weekend tee times.  The personal touch and acknowledgement is very nice.  

Well, we are a G1/GolfNow course and we absolutely still take tee times the old fashioned way as well!

Just do us a favor, when you're calling  to make a tee time, please realize we are answering other calls, checking other people in plus a myriad of other thing. So we don't exactly know, if there will be a frost delay 3 days from now, or if it will be cart path only Saturday. In addition ,  while we like you and glad to have you out, we don't really have time to hear about the two double bogey's yesterday that cost you $2.00 to John Harris 😎

40 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

I'm the opposite. I love being able to pull up a course's website on my phone to book and pay within a matter of minutes. Extremely convenient.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I'm the opposite. I love being able to pull up a course's website on my phone to book and pay within a matter of minutes. Extremely convenient.

To add to it, I would love it if courses gave the starter a tablet or some sort of electronic device with the most updated tee times. They give the starter a print out and by the time the starter gets to his post, on a busy Saturday, there could be a half dozen changes to the tee sheet in the first few groups. 

I also wish that more courses had something like Airstryk that allows you to place and pay for your food and drink and have someone meet you at the turn or deliver it out on the course. I know that's an investment for the course and requires golfers to use the app, but I'm curious what that would do for sales and pace of play. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty
2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

To add to it, I would love it if courses gave the starter a tablet or some sort of electronic device with the most updated tee times. They give the starter a print out and by the time the starter gets to his post, on a busy Saturday, there could be a half dozen changes to the tee sheet in the first few groups. 

I also wish that more courses had something like Airstryk that allows you to place and pay for your food and drink and have someone meet you at the turn or deliver it out on the course. I know that's an investment for the course and requires golfers to use the app, but I'm curious what that would do for sales and pace of play. 

Guess what, that's what the G1/Golf now system allows 🙂    And if you pay online in advance, you really don't even have to go into the proshop,  you can go straight tot he starter, he'll have an up to the minute tee sheet on the Ipad and it'll show if you're paid or not!   

Another cool feature is it, they enter your cart number on the Ipad.   So if you call back later that night or the next morning saying you forgot something in your cart, they can retrieve it, and go look for that particular cart and not have to search every cart, which we have done in the past for very valuable items.    Which may or may not have included my cell phone 😲

2 hours ago, txgolfjunkie said:

Also the second part of this, we are working on.  Especially with the pandemic where we have our grill closed right now because people absolutely refused to social distance and would cram 8 guys around a table, and despite being asked several times multiple times a week, they refused.   

I would personally just have banned them from the course, but that's another story! 

We are trying to deliver stuff either from the beverage carts or a quick take out station at the turn. 

Just so everyone knows..... EZLinks was purchased by GolfNow.

A complete loss for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Hi everyone,

Trying to help a friend pick a cheap, but reliable software system for a 9 hole public course for tee time booking primarily (but also selling merch and keeping track of golfers).

- GolfNow

- ForeUP

- Lightspeed

Any experience or takes?

I have used both GN and ForeUp, as well as EZLinks currently.

Hated GN. PM me for details

ForeUp was quite user friendly, but the back end reporting was garbage and untrustworthy (IMO)

Lots depends on how your course will utilize the software and how you want to pay.

There are several other tee sheet providers.
See here for a big list.

https://www.capterra.com/golf-course-software/

GL.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:17 PM, baggervance said:

Hi everyone,

- GolfNow

- ForeUP

- Lightspeed

Any experience or takes?

Hi @baggervance

My family owned course has used pretty much all the major providers over the years and have always been left wanting more! 

That's why I partnered with Birrdi.com a Tee Sheet Booking system integrated with Square POS system! 

This past season we have seen massive increases to our bottom line (darn near 100% increase) embracing the less is more approach to running a golf course!

I think it would work great for your friend! And right now it's free to test.