TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Buddies Trip | Award Ideas

Going to vegas for a golf trip with the guys.

Details:

• 4 players (HCPs 4, 8, 10, 15)
  • Rounds:
    • Day 1: 36 holes at Wolf Creek
      • round 1 = cart vs cart best ball match play 
      • round 2 = cart vs cart best ball scramble stroke play (same teams as round 1)
    • Day 2: 18 holes at Reflection Bay
      • round = 6, 6, and 6 (breaking the round into 3, 6 hole games with rotating teams)
    • Day 3: 36 holes at Paiute (Wolf and Sun)
      • round 1 = 18 hole skins
      • round 2 = cart vs car best ball match play (same teams as day 1 round 1)

Trying hard to figure out some fun awards we can vote on and pass around at dinner on Day 3 some that come to mind are:

• Worst Shot of the weekend
  • Most lost balls
  • Overall MVP

and now i'm stuck hoping the GolfSpy community to chip in here! 

What's in the bag:

:titelist-small: TS3 Driver 9.5*, Mitsubishi C6 Blue 50 Stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound BLACKOUT 

:taylormade-small:SIM MAX Rocket 3 Wood 14*, Oban Devotion 7 Stiff, Superstroke Cross Comfort Black/Blue 

:callaway-small:Mavrik 5 Wood, Oban Devotion 7 Stiff, Superstroke Cross Comfort Black/Blue 

:titelist-small:U510 2 Iron 18*,  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 HY Stiff, Golf Pride Tour Velvet

:titelist-small:2020 Model TS200 4-6 iron, KBS Tour V (Vee) stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound

:titelist-small: 2020 Model TS100 Plus 7-GW(48*), KBS Tour V (Vee) stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound

:callaway-small:MD5 Jaws Platinum Chrome Wedges 54*, 58*, True Temper Tour Issue 115 Steel, Golf Pride CP2 Pro 

PXG Closer Putter

You have to pick a par 3 and play closest to the pin
Also select a par 5, and have the longest drive on that hole wins. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

Good awards

Longest made putt 

Most consecutive pars/better

Mr reliable (most fairways hit) 

Most frugal (most holes played same ball) 

Bad awards :

Most 3 putts

Worst sunburn (going to Vegas after all) 

Worst outfit

Biggest choke 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Go on a trip to NY..    (Dollar/Junk Fees).  This is an infraction, if committed  that guys gives the other 3 guys in his foursome one dollar.  Walk to the wrong cart, go in a bunker(stay in a bunker), hit the cart path (dollar for each bounce max 5$), go in water hazard, If your ball comes to rest on the cart path(you get 5 dollars from other 3), birdie you're paid 2 dollars by other 3, eagle you're paid 5 dollars by other 3.  Just and idea.  Make sure you bring 50 or 100 singles.  Its actually pretty fun passing dollars back and forth, as the round progresses.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

On 8/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, stuka44 said:

Go on a trip to NY..    (Dollar/Junk Fees).  This is an infraction, if committed  that guys gives the other 3 guys in his foursome one dollar.  Walk to the wrong cart, go in a bunker(stay in a bunker), hit the cart path (dollar for each bounce max 5$), go in water hazard, If your ball comes to rest on the cart path(you get 5 dollars from other 3), birdie you're paid 2 dollars by other 3, eagle you're paid 5 dollars by other 3.  Just and idea.  Make sure you bring 50 or 100 singles.  Its actually pretty fun passing dollars back and forth, as the round progresses.

THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA haha. Love it.

What's in the bag:

:titelist-small: TS3 Driver 9.5*, Mitsubishi C6 Blue 50 Stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound BLACKOUT 

:taylormade-small:SIM MAX Rocket 3 Wood 14*, Oban Devotion 7 Stiff, Superstroke Cross Comfort Black/Blue 

:callaway-small:Mavrik 5 Wood, Oban Devotion 7 Stiff, Superstroke Cross Comfort Black/Blue 

:titelist-small:U510 2 Iron 18*,  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 HY Stiff, Golf Pride Tour Velvet

:titelist-small:2020 Model TS200 4-6 iron, KBS Tour V (Vee) stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound

:titelist-small: 2020 Model TS100 Plus 7-GW(48*), KBS Tour V (Vee) stiff, Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound

:callaway-small:MD5 Jaws Platinum Chrome Wedges 54*, 58*, True Temper Tour Issue 115 Steel, Golf Pride CP2 Pro 

PXG Closer Putter

Love all these ideas. Definitely will have ongoing games and side bets throughout the round (closest to the hole, 5 bucks if you get up and down from that, etc.)

What's in the bag:

PXG Closer Putter

One game that we always like to play with mixed handicaps is a 2 man game called "Hi Lo".  You play your own ball and use your regular score. For each hole your carts best/lo score is compared to the other cart and your teams worst/hi score is compared.  So on each hole you can earn 0, 1 or 2 points.  Cart with most points win, tie breakers are point on hardest hole (then 2nd, 3rd, etc).

-elvis14, Hacker, Engineer, Dad, CG Camper, Co-Founder of From Your Neighbor

One of my favorite side games is "Insta-cash"   The premise is that whoever is closest to the pin on a par 3 (on the green, of course) becomes the player.  If he makes par, everyone pays him a dollar on the spot.  If he makes birdie, every one pays him $2 immediately.  If he 3 putts, he pays everyone $3 on the spot.  Of course, anytime we had to play, we'd generally wad the dollar(s) up and throw them at the winner.  😄 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

We always have

Worst round and worst overall.

Best round with hangover.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Play “Banker” - easily best golf gambling created.. https://thefriedegg.com/banker-golf-betting-game/

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

A couple games we have played. 

Wolf is a fun game (you can look it up).

My buddies and I tend to drink a fair bit on the course and do "every 2 beers you drink, you get a stroke knocked off". You can modify that however - you get a mulligan, etc. 

There are challenge holes - like closest to the pin or longest drive - and the winner gets to negate another's shot. For instance, if my buddy gets closest to the pin and on the next hole I drill a drive, he can say, "negate" making me rehit. If I hit it in the fairway (or make it on the green, make the putt, whatever) he adds a stroke. If I miss-hit, I simply play that shot. 

There is best save out of a bunker, plus every time someone goes bunker to bunker (or in the same bunker) they owe a round at the end. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:45 AM, hookem9312 said:

THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA haha. Love it.

Perfect example of things that can slow play. Haha

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg