TESTERS WANTED! ×

It's Probably Time for a Push Cart

DiscipleofPenick

First, off I hate being this guy because I'm sure there's 100 posts about this already. But it's there an MGS thred on the best/top rated/value carts?

After walking 18 yesterday I got home and was whooped. It was around 90 for the last few holes, but I've walked in worse heat & humidity. My home course is hilly and the past few years I would walk it both Sat & Sun.

I feel like it's too early (I'm 35) to switch to cart. I carried my bag my whole life, and I was a caddie carrying doubles till I got through college. I know there's even college golfers using carts and all ages. Still feels like I'm admitting defeat a little early.

On the other hand I want to keep walking the course as it's my main exercise. We have a baby now, and my wife's health is iffy so conserving energy for keeping up with the little one and the increasing honey-dos. I could also be fresher for tournament days.

So any way, can someone point me in the direction of best push carts?

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I really like my CaddyTek that I got from Costco. About $150 delivered and has some good features.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I carried too long.  It was then posed to me....pick up/put down that bag wrong once and how long will you play NO golf until your back feels better.  I had a 2 strap bag and still sometime only used one( "old school")  I bought a cart the next day.  Honestly, I kicked myself in the ***.....it's like having a caddy.  AND......I play more golf....and feel better.  I can carry more water, too.

Even my kids use them now.....

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

Theres no shame in wanting to use a push/pull cart in order to save your back.  Walking with a cart is still better than riding in a cart, IMO.

Ive actually been pondering a pull cart myself because Ive come to realize that now that Im back to carrying a full set, my Sunday bag is a bit small for 14 clubs and Ive been looking at getting a cheap pull cart off Amazon in order to save my back.  If you don't mind a pull cart, Amazon sells a nice, basic one for about $35.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Also....In my research....push cart is better than pull for your back.....if you're going to go cart....I suggest push.  Hand brake vs foot brake is preferred (as i have read and many prefer who I play with)

Edited by EEZurg

I carried too long.  It was then posed to me....pick up/put down that bag wrong once and how long will you play NO golf until your back feels better.  I had a 2 strap bag and still sometime only used one( "old school")  I bought a cart the next day.  Honestly, I kicked myself in the ***.....it's like having a caddy.  AND......I play more golf....and feel better.  I can carry more water, too.

Even my kids use them now.....
That's the general train of thought I was having, how long till something goes. I have a lightweight Ping stand bag, I only carry about 10 balls and a jug of water with me, besides clubs (obv)

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Theres no shame in wanting to use a push/pull cart in order to save your back.  Walking with a cart is still better than riding in a cart, IMO.
Ive actually been pondering a pull cart myself because Ive come to realize that now that Im back to carrying a full set, my Sunday bag is a bit small for 14 clubs and Ive been looking at getting a cheap pull cart off Amazon in order to save my back.  If you don't mind a pull cart, Amazon sells a nice, basic one for about $35.
Ive been looking at Amazon, and I'd prefer a push cart to the pull though. My thoughts started when I was playing with my sister a few weeks ago. She's a hairdresser so I wanted to keep my distance. I put my bsg on the cart and just walked along. I felt so much better than usual.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

I have an older Sun Mountain which I use less these days as it doesn't fit in my car. Good cart, and I do like how its pneumatic tires roll easier than the foam tires on all of today's carts.

I borrowed a Clicgear for the better part of a full season and it was nice and does fit in my car, but was somewhat finicky to setup and fold up.

I then bought a Caddytek 3, which I like even better than the Clicgear. It's significantly easier to fold and unfold, and also fits in my car nicely.

In the end, pushing a cart is far less fatiguing than carrying. Especially these days where I need to carry extra water since the courses aren't putting water jugs out due to COVID. If a cart is good enough for the young guns playing collegiate golf, it's good enough for me. 

Edited by TeeBrain

I really like my CaddyTek that I got from Costco. About $150 delivered and has some good features.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Too bad they're sold out right now. Though GG had some options for around $200.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Here is the link to the best push carts for 2020 - https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-carts-for-2020/
I have a Clicgear 3.5, and, it would be a solid choice. The new version 4.0 has some nice improvement. 
Thanks!!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

2 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Too bad they're sold out right now. Though GG had some options for around $200.

Take Dead Aim

Actually, it seems like they're available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/CaddyTek-Caddylite-EZ-V8-EZ-Fold/dp/B07DSXGLN5/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=caddytek%2B3&qid=1597590027&sr=8-2&th=1

The Amazon listing seems to change daily, if not hourly, depending on the stock available on hand from Caddytek. Be careful - that listing also shows "other sellers" who are marking it up above what Caddytek sells them for. But it seems like Caddytek is selling them at their regular $180-ish price. Good on them for not price gouging (though I know this cart has been available in the past from Costco for less, I think this is still a fair price for an excellent cart.)

Actually, it seems like they're available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/CaddyTek-Caddylite-EZ-V8-EZ-Fold/dp/B07DSXGLN5/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=caddytek%2B3&qid=1597590027&sr=8-2&th=1
The Amazon listing seems to change daily, if not hourly, depending on the stock available on hand from Caddytek. Be careful - that listing also shows "other sellers" who are marking it up above what Caddytek sells them for. But it seems like Caddytek is selling them at their regular $180-ish price. Good on them for not price gouging (though I know this cart has been available in the past from Costco for less, I think this is still a fair price for an excellent cart.)
Oh cool, but now comes the fun part... getting permission

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Ive been looking at Amazon, and I'd prefer a push cart to the pull though. My thoughts started when I was playing with my sister a few weeks ago. She's a hairdresser so I wanted to keep my distance. I put my bsg on the cart and just walked along. I felt so much better than usual.

Take Dead Aim

You can still push the 2 wheel ones if you want, it just takes more effort because you have to balance some of the weight yourself.
The 3 or 4 wheel ones are the best to push though and it puts less strain on your body.
Pushing is always better than pulling from an ergonomic standpoint.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

One feature I am glad I lucked into on my cart....brake on the handle.  My son has a foot brake model and doesn't like it as much....

1 hour ago, EEZurg said:

One feature I am glad I lucked into on my cart....brake on the handle.  My son has a foot brake model and doesn't like it as much....

I replaced my perfectly functioning Caddytek with a Clicgear for this exact reason. Bonus was that the Clicgear folds up smaller and fits in my trunk a little better

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I’ve been loving my CaddyTec Caddylite EZ V8. Was $180 on Amazon. Tough to beat at that price!

IMG_0771.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I am 32 and enjoy walking. Push cart is the best purchase I have made highly recommend. CaddyTek is what I have as many others have said. Great value I love walking.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I replaced my perfectly functioning Caddytek with a Clicgear for this exact reason. Bonus was that the Clicgear folds up smaller and fits in my trunk a little better
I've heard lots of good things about Clicgear over the years, but I am liking the Caddytek line. I know I want the push over the pull. I appreciate everyone's advice and the links!!!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

7 hours ago, TeeBrain said:

17 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I've heard lots of good things about Clicgear over the years, but I am liking the Caddytek line. I know I want the push over the pull. I appreciate everyone's advice and the links!!!

Take Dead Aim

The link is for the non-swivel wheel one. If you can, try and get one with the front swivel wheel, it's so much easier to maneuver.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The link is for the non-swivel wheel one. If you can, try and get one with the front swivel wheel, it's so much easier to maneuver.
Thanks Matt. I've noticed a difference between them and that seems the preferrable option. I've noticed no one is recommending 4 wheel options.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

I also need to consider size as I don't have a SUV or truck. Do most of the Caddytek or Clicgear fold up pretty small?

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

I've never used a swivel wheel cart, so I can't comment on whether I would like it better or not. But I will say maneuverability has never been something I've ever even thought of with a cart. They always go where I push them without any sort of thought involved, so I guess that's good enough.

The Caddytek 3 I bought fits in a space 16.3"x14.4"x28.15". That's pretty small. The space I need to fit it into is the "front trunk" of a small sports car - i.e. the trunk that is located where the engine is in most cars. This is an exceedingly small space compared to anything any other regular sedan/coupe/hatch will have. But the Caddytek fits in there perfectly, but just barely. If I had to guess, I would imagine they designed it explicitly to fit into these front trunks.

One more note about the swivel version: it's a little over an inch longer at 29.3" when folded and that would definitely NOT fit into the trunk space of my car. I have barely 1/8" clearance as it is with the cart I have. 

I don't think mine folds up small enough.

one-4-r-600x450.jpg

In the bag:

Bag: 

I don't think mine folds up small enough.

one-4-r-600x450.jpg
I have a 4 door sedan, the trunk space is decent so I think either would work.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Costco has the Caddytek 4 wheel for $139...

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

I have a Big Max iQ+ that I really like. It's light (~15 lbs), folds pretty small (22.8" x 14.5" x 16.5")

Here is the quick review I posted on it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I have the same model as @B.Boston and did an unofficial review last year right after I bought it:

Fits in the trunk of my Chevy Cavalier along with a full golf bag, two pairs of golf shoes, tripod and my tube of practice balls. After basically two years and now almost 100 rounds and probably 250-300+ miles, it has held up really well. I have a loose thread on the cooler zipper that I need to cut off, but no other "issues" to speak of. The cooler does an adequate job of keeping beverages cold for about three hours.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I have a Big Max iQ+ that I really like. It's light (~15 lbs), folds pretty small (22.8" x 14.5" x 16.5")
Here is the quick review I posted on it.

Thanks for more info. I'll check those out as well.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim