TESTERS WANTED! ×

It's Probably Time for a Push Cart

DiscipleofPenick

On 8/16/2020 at 11:38 PM, bellken said:

Here is the link to the best push carts for 2020 - https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-carts-for-2020/

I have a Clicgear 3.5, and, it would be a solid choice. The new version 4.0 has some nice improvement. 

Allot of my playing partners have Clicgear, the only issue they have is the umbrella holder. It is fixed and had a rubber o ring that hold it in and several have had issues. Other than that they are really easy to push and once you get the folding down pat they are quick to setup. The other benefit is they have a lever for the brake which is quick and needed on a hilly course.  

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I used to have a Sun Mountain Speed Cart.  It was a good cart but I found it to be a bit big, bulky and took up too much room in the trunk of my car.  It was a good cart though.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I'm barely older than you (just turned 36). Push cart was one of my best purchases.

I have the Bag Boy Nitron, it is awesome. Super easy to unfold.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I'm barely older than you (just turned 36). Push cart was one of my best purchases.
I have the Bag Boy Nitron, it is awesome. Super easy to unfold.
Yep, after talking this through I've been convinced. It's the next purchase.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I carried double all through high school and summers home from college.  I carried my bag until I was about your age and wrecked my back.  Don't wait until you wreck yours.

I've actually changed from regular pushcarts over the last 15 years (Clicgear 3.5 most recently) to a swivel-wheel Rovic RV1S with the first-generation Alphard eWheels.  As great as a push cart is, a motorized cart is that much better.  Playing golf is a breeze now.  And I'm almost 50 and fairly round.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 8/16/2020 at 12:10 AM, Tsmithjr9 said:

First, off I hate being this guy because I'm sure there's 100 posts about this already. But it's there an MGS thred on the best/top rated/value carts?

After walking 18 yesterday I got home and was whooped. It was around 90 for the last few holes, but I've walked in worse heat & humidity. My home course is hilly and the past few years I would walk it both Sat & Sun.

I feel like it's too early (I'm 35) to switch to cart. I carried my bag my whole life, and I was a caddie carrying doubles till I got through college. I know there's even college golfers using carts and all ages. Still feels like I'm admitting defeat a little early.

On the other hand I want to keep walking the course as it's my main exercise. We have a baby now, and my wife's health is iffy so conserving energy for keeping up with the little one and the increasing honey-dos. I could also be fresher for tournament days.

So any way, can someone point me in the direction of best push carts?

Take Dead Aim

lol I've been pushing a cart since I was 25... no shame on that. My Clicgear has lasted almost 10 years and no issues so far. I'm now thinking about an electric one for those really hilly courses. I'm 36 btw 😄

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I carried double all through high school and summers home from college.  I carried my bag until I was about your age and wrecked my back.  Don't wait until you wreck yours.
I've actually changed from regular pushcarts over the last 15 years (Clicgear 3.5 most recently) to a swivel-wheel Rovic RV1S with the first-generation Alphard eWheels.  As great as a push cart is, a motorized cart is that much better.  Playing golf is a breeze now.  And I'm almost 50 and fairly round.

That's part of it. I've seen a chiropractor pretty regularly since I was 19. And now with a baby I'm a bit more tired than I'm used to. Plus there's always a stiff neck or pull somewhere.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

And I just ordered the 4-wheel Caddytek though Costco. By far the best price for a quality cart. Even after riding 18 this morning my shoulder is on fire, but I think that's overexertion, and necessarily caused by golf. Either way I wouldn't want to carry a bag now.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

• 1 month later...

Holy crap why did I wait so long!. I feel so much better after a round now. The 4 wheel cart is very light and fits in the trunk with no problem.

This is the way.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Bottom line: You are a Dad now and that means doing whatever it takes to be the best Dad there ever was for your family, spouse and kids.  Sounds like your focus is already there and right so your obstacle is getting over the bump of caring what others might think.
I used the MGS push cart test from a couple years ago before deciding on my Clicgear 3.5+ and decided the extra cost of the high value cart would pay dividends as it lasts many more years than something of a lesser build.  Was a toss-up with the Sun Mountain Speed Cart so you do have a choice from my point of view.  If you want lots of extra features offered by the company then Clicgear has the edge.  The 3.5+ was just replaced by the 4.0 with improvements to the top bracket that holds the golf bag and the securing straps.
Used my Clicgear for over 100 rounds of golf and with all the unfolding and folding, loading and gentle/rough use it gets on course (I'm gentle but the course does what it does) it does not show any wear.  The 11" wheels are as forgiving in deep rough as they are on gravel and roll easily on fairways and short rough with very little effort.  Maintenance has been wipe-down of dust and brushing off grass and dirt from wheels when conditions are wet.  Tendency is when considering to take something or leave it out of the bag to put it in the bag as even the steepest hills are not a problem with the push ahead effort.
Moving to a push cart is only going to improve life, best part is deciding which one is best for you.  Look at the Best Push Carts for 2020 Buyer's Guide here on the site.
https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-carts-for-2020/.

Thanks for the support and suggestions. I went with the Caddytek available through Costco, and I've already walked half a dozen rounds with it, I feel great. I anf with this one mostly nectar of price. I picked it up for $140 shipped. Clicgear and Sun Mountain do make high quality carts, but it was hard to justify more than double in price for those brands. Based on what was available around me the, there was very little under $300.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

My Caddytek is easily as good, and in some ways, better than my old Sun Mountain cart and the Clicgear I borrowed for the better part of a full season. Solid and convenient. I wouldn't hesitate to say it's not just good value for the money, but just plain good.

I 100% agree with this. I love my Caddytek!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Allot of our members have Clicgear and generally the reason why is the brake on the handle. Out course does not have a flat lie anywhere and it is quite hilly so you really need easy access to the brake. Only issue they mention is that the umbrella holder has an O ring designed to hold the handle in place and it does not work that well.

Edited by Firebird

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Thanks for the support and suggestions. I went with the Caddytek available through Costco, and I've already walked half a dozen rounds with it, I feel great. I anf with this one mostly nectar of price. I picked it up for $140 shipped. Clicgear and Sun Mountain do make high quality carts, but it was hard to justify more than double in price for those brands. Based on what was available around me the, there was very little under $300.

Take Dead Aim

I didn't think that Costco still sold the 4 wheel caddytek. I've got one and was think of getting one for my wife. Last time I checked I didn't see it online. I'll have to look again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I didn't think that Costco still sold the 4 wheel caddytek. I've got one and was think of getting one for my wife. Last time I checked I didn't see it online. I'll have to look again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Yep, that was the only one they had online about 6 weeks back when I ordered.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

• 3 weeks later...