TESTERS WANTED! ×

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

How did you force the update?

So if you go to App Store. On the bottom of the screen click today. After that click the little symbol of the person in the top right and it should bring you to what apps can be updated 

98EBD009-2156-4FC4-BF2A-D67BF556141F.png.4781351badfacf0397ee1b50f59287fb.pngA58F21A6-9C62-428D-91B4-BF3E0F906954.png.dd57c098bb65154655112514fbb87849.png

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

14 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

So if you go to App Store. On the bottom of the screen click today. After that click the little symbol of the person in the top right and it should bring you to what apps can be updated 

98EBD009-2156-4FC4-BF2A-D67BF556141F.png.4781351badfacf0397ee1b50f59287fb.pngA58F21A6-9C62-428D-91B4-BF3E0F906954.png.dd57c098bb65154655112514fbb87849.png

Arccos was not one of three ready for update.

thanks

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

For me, the biggest headache is the GPS accuracy. Don't know if it's because I'm in the middle of the Pacific, but tagging flags is a crapshoot at best. It's annoying to have to try and remember how far from the hole my putts were. Probably doesn't matter if you're not as obssessed with stats as I am, but personally it's pretty lame.

The tech is still kinda young so I'm hopeful that one day both products will start to narrow their gaps, kind of like Andoird and iOS where they slowly start taking features from each other.

The GPS accuracy of my phone (Moto G7) is killing me.  I reached out to Arccos, and they told me that my GPS accuracy is garbage.  I've been using an old iPhone 5s in my pocket, when I remember it.  So that's why I ordered the Link.

No app update yet.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

17 hours ago, edingc said:

never had issues with GAME Golf missing a shot because if it did, that meant I didn't do my part to tag it. Can't say the same for ShotScope or Arccos. I get that for some people tagging is obtrusive, but I feel like the tech is there now for an "either or" option.

I can't claim to understand the psychology of it, but I always found tagging, no matter what app I was using, to be a huge pain. It's really kind of silly since I've been using phone-based GPS apps for something like 3-4 years now, so I have my phone out before every shot anyway, but I hated having to press a couple buttons to tag.

I'm still a little irritated that an update does not appear to be available to me yet. 🤬

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

17 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

This is a satellite/phone issue, have seen some issues in certain areas with Arccos as well. 

Correct. Consumer GPS devices receive positioning data on one frequency whereas military and commercial grade devices typically employ two different frequencies to boost accuracy. Considering that one source I found stated consumer GPS accuracy to within 16ft (FEET!!!) and collecting meaningful and reliable data on and around the green is near useless and will always require user manipulation post round.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Worth noting: I can absolutely confirm that the new version has totally rebuilt the strokes gained/handicap calculations. Because I'm using an iPhone 6 (which isn't getting this update) for collecting shots on the course but the Android version for analysis, I can compare them both head-to-head with the same round data. As of this morning, here's a direct comparison to my overall stats (old version Arccos on the left, new version on the right):

image.png

So first, I'm convinced that the overall handicap number on the new version is much more accurate. I've been playing improved golf this year compared to last, and I loved when my Arccos handicap first dipped under 10. But that 8.7? That's not realistic at all.

I also find the category numbers to be more realistic. I know my tee game is a weakness, but I've never been convinced that I'm playing like a 30+ handicap off the tee (a number Arccos regularly gives me). And I am also pretty convinced that I'm a solid putter (relative to handicap), but was skeptical that Arccos kept rating me as better than a scratch player in that category.

@Tony Covey MGS has a great overview of the new stats system on the main blog today: https://mygolfspy.com/arccos-caddie-strokes-gained-analytics/

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

An addendum: oddly, the web dashboard for Arccos still has the old numbers. I can somewhat get the inconsistency between old and new versions of the app, but I don't at all get why the desktop and app versions should be different.

Full WITB with pictures

To the OP, does the SG page by hole shape reflect the case that you have more straight holes than doglegs?  You can't be 4x worse on straight holes on a relative basis.   But if most holes are straight, then you'll have more strokes lost on those.  And if that's the case, how can we know that page is meaningful?  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Don M said:

To the OP, does the SG page by hole shape reflect the case that you have more straight holes than doglegs?  You can't be 4x worse on straight holes on a relative basis.   But if most holes are straight, then you'll have more strokes lost on those.  And if that's the case, how can we know that page is meaningful?  Thanks.

It's an interesting question for which I don't have any access to the answer. Two possibilities:

• If it is cumulative (strokes lost on straight holes per round versus strokes lost on doglegs per round), that seems stupid to me. It would tell me much more about the number of straight vs. dogleg holes on the course I play than it would about my own play. It might be set up this way; it might be a bug. But I hope this isn't true.
  • If it is on a per hole basis, I agree that it does seem odd that I'd be so much worse on straight holes. But here's my hypothesis: most of the doglegs on my course are strong doglegs that require layups into the corners. On those holes, I'm hitting less than driver. My guess is that on straight holes, when I'm more often hitting driver, I'm much more likely to pick up penalties and OBs, leading to the disparity.

Full WITB with pictures

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

It's an interesting question for which I don't have any access to the answer. Two possibilities:

• If it is cumulative (strokes lost on straight holes per round versus strokes lost on doglegs per round), that seems stupid to me. It would tell me much more about the number of straight vs. dogleg holes on the course I play than it would about my own play. It might be set up this way; it might be a bug. But I hope this isn't true.
  • If it is on a per hole basis, I agree that it does seem odd that I'd be so much worse on straight holes. But here's my hypothesis: most of the doglegs on my course are strong doglegs that require layups into the corners. On those holes, I'm hitting less than driver. My guess is that on straight holes, when I'm more often hitting driver, I'm much more likely to pick up penalties and OBs, leading to the disparity.

I took a second look at it, and I'm pretty sure it's cumulative, not relative.   So yeah, it's not that useful.  It wouldn't take much for them to make it useful with some sort of relative numbers.

5 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

An addendum: oddly, the web dashboard for Arccos still has the old numbers. I can somewhat get the inconsistency between old and new versions of the app, but I don't at all get why the desktop and app versions should be different.

31D7522B-A5D0-4CED-BB0A-9F2D2F4CB84D.jpeg.6b3330bfd2f0bf37af255dd89bf27545.jpeg

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

My app was finally updated. I agree with you @GolfSpy MPR, the numbers seem a bit more realistic now.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, Lacassem said:

No update on mine (iPhone) hmmmmmm. Looks like an awesome update 

I went into the App Store and it did not show an update.  I clicked as if I was going to read reviews and then found the update option.

Driver Taylor Made M4

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Mizuno ES 21 Wedges

Taylor Made TP Collection Putter

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

My app was finally updated. I agree with you @GolfSpy MPR, the numbers seem a bit more realistic now.

I'm still looking forward to getting my update.  

I feel like we all get a little too hung up on the exact numbers in the facet handicaps.  As long as Arccos tells me:

1.  What are the best and worst facets of my game
2.  Am I trending better or worse in each facet

I know what I need to know in order to focus my practice time.  

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

6 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I'm still looking forward to getting my update.  

I feel like we all get a little too hung up on the exact numbers in the facet handicaps.  As long as Arccos tells me:

1.  What are the best and worst facets of my game
2.  Am I trending better or worse in each facet

I know what I need to know in order to focus my practice time.  

Excellent perspective. I need to focus less on the numbers and more on the trends.

I just read the @Tony Covey MGS article.  The Top 3 Insights is going to be freaking phenomenal.  That's going to be so nice when I have an hour to work on something when my daughter is in a lesson.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I forced the update this morning at work and have only gotten to give it a minor look, but I like it so far. The new handicap number is depressing,

Screenshot_20200820-181238-01.jpeg.65f014042d37db56f8ab5aab6d371dbb.jpeg

but I like the strokes gained metrics and as @HardcoreLooper stated, the top 3 insights is really eye opening. I actually saw where my strokes gained against a 0 handicap golfer was 1.0 on approaches 200+ yards. It's a way to look on the bright side and goes to show how well I'm getting along with the new F9 fairways. At least it gives me a goal to work on and really rethink my approach to my game. 

I just got my update.  This is going to be quite a rabbit hole I'm about to go down.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Glad to see this update with a direct implementation of strokes gained and the ability to adjust your target handicap - the one thing that had me holding on to Game Golf as long as I did. I was on the fence about ordering Link and further devoting myself to Arccos, but I think those hangups are gone with this update.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Got the update and went down a deep rabbit hole...  I really appreciate the ability to set the target handicap.  I’m a 9x and it’s better to compare to a 6 or 7 as a goal than a scratch.  And I really really appreciate Arccos’s doing the analysis for me in picking three things to work on - as I’m pretty sure I’d have picked something else. I would have thought it’s my driving; but Arccos’s shots gained is telling me it’s my 110-150 yard approach that’s hurting (more like killing) me.  Gotta remember “fat side of the green, fat side of the green, fat side of the green...”

I’m setting the filter to last ten rounds - smooth out the peaks and valleys a bit . 

Bottom line - this makes more sense to me - even with the data overload - than the previous “handicap” areas.  Look forward to the web site update  

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Yep, it had me working on drivers this evening.  The top three insights to work on are awesome.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino