TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fitting question

rod248

Hello all 🙂   I would like to get fitted for a driver.  I'm actually playing pretty good right now and thought I'd get fit while I'm swinging well.  

But..  (always one of those...) I'd really like to include any new Ping (I currently play the 410 plus) or Titleist driver, just not sure when they'll be available for fitting?

So, does it make sense to get fitted now - even if it's mainly just a shaft fitting - or should I go through the painful process of waiting for the new clubs to come out and include them in the fitting?

Thanks,

Rod

• Ping G410 Driver
  • Titleist T100 irons
  • Vokey / Cleveland wedges
  • Toulon Las Vegas Putter

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I should become very obvious when it's time.  IMHO

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

Hello all    I would like to get fitted for a driver.  I'm actually playing pretty good right now and thought I'd get fit while I'm swinging well.  
But..  (always one of those...) I'd really like to include any new Ping (I currently play the 410 plus) or Titleist driver, just not sure when they'll be available for fitting?
So, does it make sense to get fitted now - even if it's mainly just a shaft fitting - or should I go through the painful process of waiting for the new clubs to come out and include them in the fitting?
Thanks,
Rod

If you're happy with the results of the 410 why go through a fitting. If on the other hand you weren't fit for the 410 and think you're leaving some yardage on the table or want to maximize its potential through a shaft change then go for it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just now, tony@CIC said:

If you're happy with the results of the 410 why go through a fitting. If on the other hand you weren't fit for the 410 and think you're leaving some yardage on the table or want to maximize its potential through a shaft change then go for it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You are correct.  I've never been fit for a driver.  Just trial and error in the simulators at my local store, then maybe a 'demo' for an afternoon outside.  I guess more than anything I'm looking for a bit of validation that what I've done is correct and that somehow I'm not compensating with my swing to get the results.  Would love to put the mind at ease and swing away 🙂

• Ping G410 Driver
  • Titleist T100 irons

To answer yes they should still be available in fit carts as they are still current products for both ping and Titleist. 

As said above if it's working stick with it! Quite often shafts can be on the expensive end so you'll have to weigh whether it's worth the price just for a shaft, however upcharge when you buy a new driver are often a little better and prices easier to swallow. 

Sounds like you are in a decent mindset going in and if it's confirmation you want you can also reach out to TXG (as a member) and ask or go through TGF here on MGS and see what comes up for you. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB) 
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

17 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

To answer yes they should still be available in fit carts as they are still current products for both ping and Titleist. 

As said above if it's working stick with it! Quite often shafts can be on the expensive end so you'll have to weigh whether it's worth the price just for a shaft, however upcharge when you buy a new driver are often a little better and prices easier to swallow. 

Sounds like you are in a decent mindset going in and if it's confirmation you want you can also reach out to TXG (as a member) and ask or go through TGF here on MGS and see what comes up for you. 

The only other thing I would add is that you can hop on a launch monitor for free at places like Golf Galaxy or PGA Tour Superstore (as long as they aren't busy). From there, it's all just a numbers game and knowing your windows. The main ones I look for are angle of attack, launch angle, and spin because I know those are the three variables that, for me, make the most difference in my driver. (And for clarity sake, I really only need AoA to calculate spin loft, but these days, some monitors will include spin loft in their output.)

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Somewhere there is a beast of a Cobra LTD hitting power fade bombs for a financially responsible owner that bought my trade-in while I struggle with a two way miss using the top dollar driver I was fitted for. Sigh.

Get fitted while you're playing well, but tread carefully!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 8/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, rod248 said:

Hello all 🙂   I would like to get fitted for a driver.  I'm actually playing pretty good right now and thought I'd get fit while I'm swinging well.  

Thanks,

Rod

What kind of shaft are you using now in the 410?

16 hours ago, jlukes said:

410 is still the current ping driver. 

the new Titleist drivers should get announced in a few weeks. 

the new Ping drivers won’t come out until next year

This pretty much sums it up 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'd agree with those that are writing, if you're happy enough right now and might want to throw the new Titleist and/or Ping into the mix just wait and get fit then.  A driver fitting will run $100, you may be tempted to drop 150-300 on a new shaft so that you'll have close to as much into that driver a second time and then suddenly it will be discounted $150 and the new models will come out.  You'll get the wandering eye again. 

Trust me, I've been there and done that. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

22 hours ago, IceHawk said:

What kind of shaft are you using now in the 410?

The stock Tensei Orange Stiff.

• Ping G410 Driver
  • Titleist T100 irons