Fitting question

Our Sponsors

Hello all ūüôā¬† ¬†I would like to get fitted for a driver.¬† I'm actually playing pretty good right now and thought I'd get fit while I'm swinging well.¬†¬†

But..  (always one of those...) I'd really like to include any new Ping (I currently play the 410 plus) or Titleist driver, just not sure when they'll be available for fitting?

So, does it make sense to get fitted now - even if it's mainly just a shaft fitting - or should I go through the painful process of waiting for the new clubs to come out and include them in the fitting?

Thanks,

Rod

• Ping G410 Driver
  • Titleist T100 irons
  • Vokey / Cleveland wedges
  • Toulon Las Vegas Putter

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I should become very obvious when it's time.  IMHO

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F8 Driver...10.5 degree..Reg

:755178188_TourEdge:  3 wood 15 degree Tensei Blue R

:755178188_TourEdge:  5 wood 18 degree  Tensei Blue R

:755178188_TourEdge:  7 wood 21 degree  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:       699 5-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:       699 Pro 8-PW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R

Kirkland 52 56 60 wedges

Kirkland KS1 putter

Hello all    I would like to get fitted for a driver.  I'm actually playing pretty good right now and thought I'd get fit while I'm swinging well.  
But..  (always one of those...) I'd really like to include any new Ping (I currently play the 410 plus) or Titleist driver, just not sure when they'll be available for fitting?
So, does it make sense to get fitted now - even if it's mainly just a shaft fitting - or should I go through the painful process of waiting for the new clubs to come out and include them in the fitting?
Thanks,
Rod

If you're happy with the results of the 410 why go through a fitting. If on the other hand you weren't fit for the 410 and think you're leaving some yardage on the table or want to maximize its potential through a shaft change then go for it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just now, tony@CIC said:

If you're happy with the results of the 410 why go through a fitting. If on the other hand you weren't fit for the 410 and think you're leaving some yardage on the table or want to maximize its potential through a shaft change then go for it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You are correct.¬† I've never been fit for a driver.¬† Just trial and error in the simulators at my local store, then maybe a 'demo' for an afternoon outside.¬† I guess more than anything I'm looking for a bit of validation that what I've done is correct and that somehow I'm not compensating with my swing to get the results.¬† Would love to put the mind at ease and swing away ūüôā

• Like 3
  • Ping G410 Driver
  • Titleist T100 irons

To answer yes they should still be available in fit carts as they are still current products for both ping and Titleist. 

As said above if it's working stick with it! Quite often shafts can be on the expensive end so you'll have to weigh whether it's worth the price just for a shaft, however upcharge when you buy a new driver are often a little better and prices easier to swallow. 

Sounds like you are in a decent mindset going in and if it's confirmation you want you can also reach out to TXG (as a member) and ask or go through TGF here on MGS and see what comes up for you. 

• Like 4

¬†‚õ≥ūüõĄ¬†as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

410 is still the current ping driver. 

the new Titleist drivers should get announced in a few weeks. 

the new Ping drivers won’t come out until next year

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:scotty-small: Phantom X 5.5 (2021)
:titelist-small: ProV1
17 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

To answer yes they should still be available in fit carts as they are still current products for both ping and Titleist. 

As said above if it's working stick with it! Quite often shafts can be on the expensive end so you'll have to weigh whether it's worth the price just for a shaft, however upcharge when you buy a new driver are often a little better and prices easier to swallow. 

Sounds like you are in a decent mindset going in and if it's confirmation you want you can also reach out to TXG (as a member) and ask or go through TGF here on MGS and see what comes up for you. 

The only other thing I would add is that you can hop on a launch monitor for free at places like Golf Galaxy or PGA Tour Superstore (as long as they aren't busy). From there, it's all just a numbers game and knowing your windows. The main ones I look for are angle of attack, launch angle, and spin because I know those are the three variables that, for me, make the most difference in my driver. (And for clarity sake, I really only need AoA to calculate spin loft, but these days, some monitors will include spin loft in their output.)

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Subzero 9* with HZDRUS Smoke stiff
4-wood: :callaway-small: Mavrik Subzero (16.5*) with Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI X
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95cw Stiff
Wet/Soft: 3i-PW
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged, KBS Tour-V 110S
Hard/Fast: 4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S

50*, 54*, 60* :vokey-small: SM7 TT DG S200
Putter: :ping-small: Redwood Piper 0*

Ball: :srixon-small: Z STAR XV (but I'm not just going to leave a perfectly good ProV1/x laying around...)
Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer (2018) in black/white/copper

Using :Arccos: to keep track of my shots
All clubs RH

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review

Somewhere there is a beast of a Cobra LTD hitting power fade bombs for a financially responsible owner that bought my trade-in while I struggle with a two way miss using the top dollar driver I was fitted for. Sigh.

Get fitted while you're playing well, but tread carefully!

• Like 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

On 8/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, rod248 said:

Hello all ūüôā¬† ¬†I would like to get fitted for a driver.¬† I'm actually playing pretty good right now and thought I'd get fit while I'm swinging well.¬†¬†

Thanks,

Rod

What kind of shaft are you using now in the 410?

16 hours ago, jlukes said:

410 is still the current ping driver. 

the new Titleist drivers should get announced in a few weeks. 

the new Ping drivers won’t come out until next year

This pretty much sums it up 

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I'd agree with those that are writing, if you're happy enough right now and might want to throw the new Titleist and/or Ping into the mix just wait and get fit then.  A driver fitting will run $100, you may be tempted to drop 150-300 on a new shaft so that you'll have close to as much into that driver a second time and then suddenly it will be discounted $150 and the new models will come out.  You'll get the wandering eye again. 

Trust me, I've been there and done that. ūüôā

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

22 hours ago, IceHawk said:

What kind of shaft are you using now in the 410?

The stock Tensei Orange Stiff.

• Ping G410 Driver
  • Titleist T100 irons