Callaway Big Bertha B-21 Driver

Our Sponsors

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Are you a slicer? Just curious because I saw you have your SIM lowered from 10.5 to 9.75 which opens up the face. 

I do on occasion go left .. way left.  I have been experimenting with the TM loft sleeve alot on the range trying to find optimum settings and funny enough I found the most success with this setting. I have recently after a couple poor driving rounds moved the set up back to the standard set up and just trying to sort it out again. 

DRIVER -  Sim Max 10.5 lowered to 9.75 Ventus Red 5 S  shaft 

Woods -  Taylormade Sim Ti 3wood - Diamana reg 65

Taylormade  5 wood-  Ventus 6r 

Rescue/Hybrid -  

IRONS -  Callaway Mavrik 6- PW, AW   KBS 80 R steel 

WEDGES-  Vokey SM 8   50/54/58 

PUTTER-  Odyssey Stroke Lab Bird of Prey. 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

6 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

I do on occasion go left .. way left.  I have been experimenting with the TM loft sleeve alot on the range trying to find optimum settings and funny enough I found the most success with this setting. I have recently after a couple poor driving rounds moved the set up back to the standard set up and just trying to sort it out again. 

Unless you are a slicer, I would imagine that the B-21 would cause you to go left of left. On the TXG video, Ian had a pretty neutral swingpath and he felt shots that would normally go straight for him were going left with the B-21. 

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

I guess i missed this article when it first dropped but listened to the podcast and am curious about this driver. I have been a lifetime slicer and although have reduced it that big bomb left still pokes it head on occasion. I want to hit this and really see how it goes. I know I cut across the ball and when I get a straight one out there think its likely due to hitting the toe and counteracting some of the slice.

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Game Golf Live
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

My miss is a slice when I get sloppy with my hands and leave the face open.  Wonder if this would help reduce the damage when that happens over moving to far left when I am more on my game.  Definitely want to give this a hit. 

:titelist-small: 917 D2 9.5 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70g 6.5
:taylormade-small: M2 (2017) 3W 17.5 -  
:ping-small: G 3H 22 - 
:titelist-small: 735cm 3 - PW - KBS Tour Black Nickel 115g ( R )
:vokey-small:SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )
:cameron-small: GOLO 6
:Snell:
 MTB-X
:Arccos:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to hit a few with the BBB21 stock shaft the other day.  Shots do definitely wanted to draw/hook  but I fight a hook anyway, and was actually surprised that I didn't snap hook more of them.  Sound was very different than the flash and the mavrik, much more metallic and sharp sounding. Didnt love the sound.

I didn't love the shaft, stated flex was stiff but felt a lot softer.

Probably not the club for me, but I'm sure it will work for some.

• Like 1

Lefty

Epic flash 9*+2* HZRDS smoke stiff 60g

T100s/200 combo project x LZ 6.5  125g std length 2* upright 

I hit this driver yesterday. While it is not for me I was very impressed with what it is trying to accomplish. The ball will not go right. Plus, if you have any kind of speed but fight the high rights (right handed). This driver could be a bit of a unicorn for you. This driver really accomplishes a draw biased head, that looks really good and just wants to go straight or left and has plenty of ball speed potential due to not over spinning the ball. 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.